"No Weed" signs have appeared in my Condo building..

bobbin

2 hours ago, bobbin said:

"No sure if it's legal."

Your condo is your private property. Legal.

Again, that's my working theory..

as long as you don't bother other owners, that's why they should have rules and regulations.... some activities on "your" private property may directly or indirectly affect other owners such as smoking and/or consuming drugs on a balcony

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

Well, that's what I though too, balcony is fine. However, condo still trying to enforce "no smoking on balcony" (weed and cigarettes).

No sure if it's legal.

Anyway, the neighbor who complained brought the subject during the annual owner meeting (which happened every year). Luckily she is in the condo below me and all the other owner told her it couldn't come from me since the smoke is going up not down so it couldn't be me.

No more complain since that ????

what about the ones above you, do you care about them even if they (for whatever reason) didn't complain

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

Smoking dope in an apartment building should be banned. The stuff stinks, even on a balcony on a windless day, the stink can get into anothers living space........????

life is tough TA..  Doesn't always go the way you want..

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

as long as you don't bother other owners, that's why they should have rules and regulations.... some activities on "your" private property may directly or indirectly affect other owners such as smoking and/or consuming drugs on a balcony

Keep digging..

• Haha 1

To all who may have arrived here from a notice on the right side.. (just checked..topic is not showing on the right hand side, so you are actively seeking out the Cannabis forum so you can post sh*t)

You are in the Cannabis forum. We are pro-cannabis..

Your anti-cannabis comments are unwelcome here.

Take them to the General forum.

Edited by bobbin
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seems to be covered by the existing smoking laws currently and not cannabis specific.

Some people prefer to smoke their medicine, it often a cheaper way as the oils can be quite expensive.

Hard to see the argument for blanket ban on medicine so likely the smoke rules make sense.

Many condo's do have a general no smoking policy others don't, its best to check upon renting or buying what the policy is as I can see people get a bit annoyed when rules change.

The group gathering element is a bit different and I can see how that might upset a few people. If a group was gathering regularly and eating squid near entrance I'd likely be a bit bothered too as its a trigger for me, if they could move it a bit further away I'd be fine. I accept it would be hard to get them to ban fish and squid in the condo or balconies though and in some ways if I pushed this I may be taking away some basic rights from others but we could have a chat and find a compromise I guess.

Some people also seem to be triggered by the lovely smell of smoked cannabis even more so that the generally smoke aspect in the same way as squid triggers me, compromise is usually best. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, transam said:

What has the motoring forum got to do with gay folk...?  ????

Relevant because you said..

"Why, it does not say only puffers can comment...????

Have a look on the motoring forum about EV's........????"

Motors do not generally create division.

But coming into a pro-cannabis forum and promoting an anti-cannabis agenda is as welcome as going into the gay forum promoting conversion therapy.

Capiche?

(Do you understand?)

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Relevant because you said..

"Why, it does not say only puffers can comment...????

Have a look on the motoring forum about EV's........????"

Motors do not generally create division.

But coming into a pro-cannabis forum and promoting an anti-cannabis agenda is as welcome as going into the gay forum promoting conversion therapy.

Capiche?

(Do you understand?)

You don't know what an EV is then........????

Point out where it says "Pro" Cannabis Forum.   ????

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Dewey said:

There is no such thing as addiction with weed. I have much more trouble stopping eating sugar...

Overall, I probably spend less than 10mn on my balcony smoking every night (2/3 puff multiple times).

I can't see how I can be a nuisance for neighbors unless they keep windows open (and in that case pollution will be a bigger nuisance than me in the busy street I live).

Oh really, hmmmmm.....

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive

But you agree your neighbour should keep their windows closed....????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, digbeth said:

So you probably won't care if the ones above you start pissing out their balcony every time you smoke then

This kind of back and forth BS is why anti-cannabis folk are not welcome here..

And for the obtuse, when a forum is created it's understood that it's a forum for enthusiasts...

You want to promote anti-cannabis propaganda? Take it to the General forum. It's a free for all there with regards to cannabis.

Finally, you antis are nothing but a mosquito on an elephants butt..we pro people have been dealing with heavy-handed LE forever.. You guys are just good for a laugh.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/7/2023 at 7:52 AM, digbeth said:

So you probably won't care if the ones above you start pissing out their balcony every time you smoke then

Yeah that's exactly the same... Instead of lowering my answer to your level, please find below my situation, maybe you'll have a better solution for me:

- I do not smoke inside in my condo to avoid contaminating common area with smell.

- There is a smoking area outside but with unit above (same distance as the unit above my balcony).

- I smoke on my balcony maybe 5 to 10mn per day and try to be careful where I exhale the smoke in order not to bother anyone.

So please, enlighten me on how I can smoke without bothering my upstairs neighbor (who never complained by the way).

Edited by Dewey

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 9:35 AM, bobbin said:

"No sure if it's legal."

Your condo is your private property. Legal.

Again, that's my working theory..

Might be yours but smoking on balconies and being a nuisance is not on. I’m pro and will partake on occasion but would not light up if they were on their balcony below. For non-smokers especially, it is disgusting to have fag/weed smoke wafting through. Spare a thought for others. Regards the op, the law is clear, not in public—might also extend to balcony if others are being affected. Those guys are out of order. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 7:18 AM, daveAustin said:

Might be yours but smoking on balconies and being a nuisance is not on. I’m pro and will partake on occasion but would not light up if they were on their balcony below. For non-smokers especially, it is disgusting to have fag/weed smoke wafting through. Spare a thought for others. Regards the op, the law is clear, not in public—might also extend to balcony if others are being affected. Those guys are out of order. 

I forgot to inform in my original post that there is no-one on the balcony above or below my unit when I smoke.
Balconies in our condo are just really a space to put the AC unit, barely enough space to put a chair...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

How about the situation now? Today I got a letter from condo management to stop smoke weed. I refused and offer them to order a special purifier if they agree.

I live at in ground floor so it is a bit complicated but to be honest normally it smells outside to 💩 in this area the whole day. 

I use it medical and I am able to get a prescription in Thailand without a problem. 

I thought we need to smoke in home and not outside. 

I am willing to help to find a solution but now to deal with this and are the able to ban this with board meeting? 

Edited by Wonka200