"No Weed" signs have appeared in my Condo building..

bobbin

1 hour ago, Wonka200 said:

How about the situation now? Today I got a letter from condo management to stop smoke weed. I refused and offer them to order a special purifier if they agree.

I live at in ground floor so it is a bit complicated but to be honest normally it smells outside to 💩 in this area the whole day. 

I use it medical and I am able to get a prescription in Thailand without a problem. 

I thought we need to smoke in home and not outside. 

I am willing to help to find a solution but now to deal with this and are the able to ban this with board meeting? 

Switch to using a dry herb vaporizer. You can get a good one on Shopee for 3,500 Baht. It will be much healthier for your lungs because there is no smoke and almost no smell. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

Switch to using a dry herb vaporizer. You can get a good one on Shopee for 3,500 Baht. It will be much healthier for your lungs because there is no smoke and almost no smell. 

Thanks. I never tried vape with weed. I read you can get also more thc out of your weed with it. I just ordered one. Let’s see 👍 hopefully it solved the problem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Wonka200 said:

How about the situation now? Today I got a letter from condo management to stop smoke weed. I refused and offer them to order a special purifier if they agree.

I live at in ground floor so it is a bit complicated but to be honest normally it smells outside to 💩 in this area the whole day. 

I use it medical and I am able to get a prescription in Thailand without a problem. 

I thought we need to smoke in home and not outside. 

I am willing to help to find a solution but now to deal with this and are the able to ban this with board meeting? 

Edibles?I do that and it works fine and the buzz lasts a lot longer,good sleep.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, jvs said:

Edibles?I do that and it works fine and the buzz lasts a lot longer,good sleep.

Do I sometimes but always get nauseous if I do it for a few days in a row 

19 hours ago, Wonka200 said:

Thanks. I never tried vape with weed. I read you can get also more thc out of your weed with it. I just ordered one. Let’s see 👍 hopefully it solved the problem. 

Your welcome. I hope it works well for you. Yes, you can get more THC from the weed this way. Most vaporizers hold around .25 to .3 grams of weed in the oven chamber. That's equal to around one bong hit or about half a joint. In a vaporizer you can get about 6 really good hits from that. If the weed is good then about 2 hits on the vape and you're really feeling it. So you can possibly get 2-3 sessions out of one load of weed in the vape, which is a lot more than you would get out of the same amount of weed in a bong.

Don't pay attention to how much smoke comes out or doesn't come out of your mouth when using the vape. It doesn't account for anything. When using a vape you need to breathe out first and then do a slow steady strong pull for about 6 seconds. That should give you a good hit of THC. 

I am using the Starry 4 made by Xmax. It comes with a stainless steel dosing capsule that holds about .2 to .25 grams of weed. Using this works well (as opposed to loading the weed right into the oven of the vaporizer) because then you never have to clean the oven this way, only use some alcohol to clean the resin off the inside of mouthpiece of the vaporizer every few days.

I also bought an extra pack of five more dosing capsules for it. So what I normally do is just preload them all at once. Then, when they are all used up, I remove the already vaped weed from the capsules using the little metal tool and then I throw all the capsules in alcohol to soak for an hour to remove any resin. After that, I wipe the inside of the capsules out with a cotton bud, rinse with water, let them dry, and then I reload them all in one go. Big time saver to have multiple capsules and preload them. 

Enjoy...

• Love It 1

17 hours ago, Wonka200 said:

Do I sometimes but always get nauseous if I do it for a few days in a row 

Yeah, I think you will like the vape better. It feels just like smoking, but it tastes much better since the weed doesn't combust or get burned. Also, no smell to bother your neighbors and much better for the respiratory system since you aren't breathing in any ash, tar, or other particles found in the smoke. 

8 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

Yeah, I think you will like the vape better. It feels just like smoking, but it tastes much better since the weed doesn't combust or get burned. Also, no smell to bother your neighbors and much better for the respiratory system since you aren't breathing in any ash, tar, or other particles found in the smoke. 

If the weed is too dry / stale it will combust in a vape and that's really bad.

20 hours ago, Wonka200 said:

I don't believe you get more but you can use the  already vaped weed to make cannabis oil or butter as there is still some thc in it. So if you do that you get more.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

If the weed is too dry / stale it will combust in a vape and that's really bad.

I've run more than 25 different strains through my vape and that has never happened. The vape temperature can also be set up to 240 degrees Celsius, but I always use it at a lower temperature around 185-190 degrees, which is enough heat to release the THC and terpenes and should prevent any combustion. I think at 170 degrees you should already start getting results too. I found at the higher temperatures at 200 or above that the dry heat makes me a cough a bit, so I avoid it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 5:48 PM, Wonka200 said:

Which one did you order? I had 2 Black Widows. The charging port was shot after about 2 months on each. Currently have a Flowermate V5 Nano, maybe 5 months old. Such a superior device.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:52 AM, bobbin said:

To all who may have arrived here from a notice on the right side.. (just checked..topic is not showing on the right hand side, so you are actively seeking out the Cannabis forum so you can post sh*t)

You are in the Cannabis forum. We are pro-cannabis..

Your anti-cannabis comments are unwelcome here.

Take them to the General forum.

I'll stay and there's nothing you can do about it.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Skipping right to the end of this no doubt pedantic snooze-fest to share that I was indeed whacked with a 3,000 baht fine for lighting up in a hotel room. 'Won't name the venue due to Thai getting sued madness.

Their business, their biz. Fair enough.

I peeled off the notes and apologized. Said the desk clerk, "normally we have to threaten to call the police". I asked if that ever actually happened. She shook her head.

But at least she had a single scalp to brag to her boss about. Or maybe I just bought the staff a seafood fiesta that night.

25 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Hoz it going bud?

At least in Canada the cities smell of piz and weed

we just harvested some woo wee from my farm. things are about to get serious. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2023 at 12:57 PM, bobbin said:

Like i said. .Life is tough. You were not born with a promise that you would never smell something you don't like..

Well, just keep in mind that the war about the public use of the tobacco stinky products is just about won...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, transam said:

Smoking dope in an apartment building should be banned. The stuff stinks, even on a balcony on a windless day, the stink can get into anothers living space........????

But what about the 9am fecal smells in apartment building corridors? I'd prefer Northern Lights any day!

Edited by eumenades
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, eumenades said:

But what about the 9am fecal smells in apartment building corridors? I'd prefer Northern Lights any day!

I would move from there, chap...🤗

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

People complain about the air quality in Thailand - and then smoke?!  Strange world.

I can tell you as a smoker, that I actually have gotten problems by now, from the burning up north, both my throat, nose and eyes, while I never had anything close to that after a night out with 2 packs of cigarets, hitting the bong a few times and talking all day long. Not to talk smoking good, but just telling you, that is entirely different, my best guess is that this burning smog is like being in a room with 100 cigarettes at once, without the smell.

I guess like many others, I have been lucky in many years during burning season to not really get much issues from it, but this year I did get it. For that reason will also be the last year I'm there. I mean there is like 30,000 people up north knocking on hospital doors for help due to it, those amounts weren't even seen during covid.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Agree 1

On 8/25/2023 at 9:12 AM, bobbin said:

Yesterday I was surprised and not pleased to see "No Weed" signs posted at the main entrance of my Condo building and in the lifts...

I blame the young Russian men who have been hanging out near the main entrance in groups ranging from 3-5 smoking reefer and cigarettes, with the odd beer in sight as well.

But the signs say no smoking weed in public, bringing the "hazy" situation of public smoking of cannabis to the fore. Firstly, a condo is private property, not a public space. Secondly, my understanding was that you can smoke anywhere as long as no one is complaining. If someone does complain then you have to move on or stop..

I think these signs are going to "disappear" or be vandalized..

What? You have to wait to be told before you move on or stop?  You can't use your judgement to determine if it's appropriate?

When cannabis was legalized and the shops started multiplying like 7/11s no one really cared, I didn't care one way or another, but then they started taking the piss, smoking the stuff on pub terraces, in family restaurant gardens, at entrance to condos, around the pool, on steps of 7/11 and so on. The signs quickly appeared.

They won't disappear, but you might see more of them, as it seems some cannabis users need to be told explicitly that this ain't appropriate at places where it should be obvious.

Edited by eyeman
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, eyeman said:

What? You have to wait to be told before you move on or stop?  You can't use your judgement to determine if it's appropriate?

When cannabis was legalized and the shops started multiplying like 7/11s no one really cared, I didn't care one way or another, but then they started taking the piss, smoking the stuff on pub terraces, in family restaurant gardens, at entrance to condos, around the pool, on steps of 7/11 and so on. The signs quickly appeared.

They won't disappear, but you might see more of them, as it seems some cannabis users need to be told explicitly that this ain't appropriate at places where it should be obvious.

i agree and would like to see the same kind of approach to cigarettes.