"No Weed" signs have appeared in my Condo building..

bobbin

6 minutes ago, Sharp said:

It's easily banned in any condo block by a vote in favor through the management committee 

EGM Meeting set up and voted for in day if needed 

I have been the Chairman of the Condo Committee. What you are saying is not so easy..  EGM meetings cost money and inconvenience for owners to attend..

And could only apply to "common areas". Then they ban cigarette smoking.. and alcohol.

All are legal products.

Edited by bobbin
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/25/2023 at 9:12 AM, bobbin said:

bringing the "hazy" situation of public smoking of cannabis to the fore.

There is not hazy area.

It is against the law.

From an interview with CNN

Thai Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said he expected legal cannabis production to boost the economy but cautioned that recreational use of the drug remains illegal.

“It’s a no,” said Anutin, who is also a deputy prime minister. “We still have regulations under the law that control the consumption, smoking or use of cannabis products in non-productive ways.”

Under decriminalization, it is no longer a crime to grow and trade marijuana and hemp products, or use parts of the plant to treat illnesses. Cafes and restaurants can also serve cannabis-infused food and drinks – but only if the products contain less than 0.2% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the plant’s main psychoactive compound.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, bobbin said:

Who are you going to believe?

This or your lying eyes?

That is a quote from Anutin - the health minister.

Smoking cannabis is not legal.

Cannabis was decriminalised - not legalised - talk to a lawyer about the difference.

Who the heck smokes dope that is less than .025 THC.

Carry on breaking the law if you wish to stay in denial, but these are the facts.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is a quote from Anutin - the health minister.

Smoking cannabis is not legal.

Cannabis was decriminalised - not legalised - talk to a lawyer about the difference.

Who the heck smokes dope that is less than .025 THC.

Carry on breaking the law if you wish to stay in denial, but these are the facts.

Anutin, he's the first one I always turn to when I want to know the facts. "Dirty Farang"

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Dewey said:

Similar situation in my condo. They put no weed/no smoking sign in the elevator.

I've been smoking on my balcony long before it became legal and never got any complain.

Recently, a neighbor complained to management, they contacted me and I told them that it wasn't me.

Where am I supposed to smoke if I can't on balcony ? inside ? It will be way worse and smell will go in the common area.

Anyway, I doubt they can do anything unless they can prove I smoke on my balcony (innocent until proven guilty).

I'm not a huge smoker (only smoke 1 or 2 joint every evening and during the weekend) and I'm careful where I exhale the smoke.

Balcony is fine.. these notices refer to public (common) areas. Your condo is private property and completely acceptable. That is my working theory.

Like you, I have been smoking on my balcony for years. Also like you, my consumption is not over the top.

As the OP, I note that the groups of young Russians that I believe were the reason for the signs in my building have resumed smoking in groups of 3-5 in larger common areas with no apparent consequences..

Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dewey said:

Well, that's what I though too, balcony is fine. However, condo still trying to enforce "no smoking on balcony" (weed and cigarettes).

No sure if it's legal.

Anyway, the neighbor who complained brought the subject during the annual owner meeting (which happened every year). Luckily she is in the condo below me and all the other owner told her it couldn't come from me since the smoke is going up not down so it couldn't be me.

No more complain since that ????

"No sure if it's legal."

Your condo is your private property. Legal.

Again, that's my working theory..

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to smoke, I don't mind people smoking in their room or out on the street away from entrances, but in my condo the room several floors below me smokes heavily, before it was cigarettes and now with legal weed it reeks

When I smoked I smoke on my balcony too but it's understandable how it can become a nuisance, plus there has been issue of people just flicking hot ashes out the balcony, the odd cigarettes are fine but chain smoking packs after pack let alone cannabis is intolerable to the rooms next to you 

smoking in rooms just turns into hot boxes, without air filters, any smell that escapes out the door just makes the corridor smells like cheap bars 

considerate smokers in my condo come down to the carpark in designated corner where it won't disturb the rooms above so much

If you have way of ensuring that smoking in your own room doesn't disturb other then by all means go ahead, same as playing loud music

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobbin said:

"No sure if it's legal."

Your condo is your private property. Legal.

Again, that's my working theory..

You already can't have gas stove in condos, anything the majority of co-owners voted in as long as it's within the law of the land is legal, say you can't have pet in the room, even though it's your own room the condition of living there is you agreeing to that

• Thumbs Up 1