'Wise' what's up?

I logged in 3 different times into my 'Wise' account as normal and each time I received a warning that an unknown computer was being used, each time I ticked the 'computer can be trusted' button. After the first time I even changed my password, I was able to carry out a transaction and received an email that they had received my money and would send Thai Baht to my Thai account today, they would inform me by email when the money was on its way. After two hours and no email I tried the tracking option which informed me that it was taking longer than usual to process. I tried using the 'help' button only to find that the help team was overworked at the moment. Anyone know what's going on?

Can't help.
Logged in to the Android app with fingerprint. No problem.
Logged in to the website (email, PW), confirming login on the app (2FA), no problem.

All from Thailand.

I don't remember the details when the two factor authorization (confirm on mobile) came into effect.

Sounds like you can login with just email and pw?

From where are you trying to login, what currency you send?

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Can't help.
Logged in to the Android app with fingerprint. No problem.
Logged in to the website (email, PW), confirming login on the app (2FA), no problem.

All from Thailand.

I don't remember the details when the two factor authorization (confirm on mobile) came into effect.

Sounds like you can login with just email and pw?

From where are you trying to login, what currency you send?

Login from Thailand, sent Euros from Germany. login from PC with sms code as double confirmation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Could be delayed because currency is a bit volatile since new govt formed. It's obviously an issue for them

Screenshot_2023-08-28-14-31-05-857_com.google.android.gm~3.jpg

but why 'we detected a suspicious login attempt' notice when from the time stamp it was obviously me using the same PC that I have used for transfers 100's of times before, not just once but each time I tried to open my account, the last time was merely to use the tracking service, as soon as I typed in the sms code up came the warning for the third time.

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Login from Thailand, sent Euros from Germany. login from PC with sms code as double confirmation.

Very similar to my procedures except the SMS thing,

I can't and will not transfer anytime soon.

I >once< had this "takes longer" with Euro to Baht.

Annoying and making me nervous.

In the end (day 3?) transfer done as ordered.

Maybe someone comes up with similar experience.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not much to find at WISE.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2960081/theres-a-problem-with-the-website

Private/Incognito window might be worth a try.

The fact that the 'contact us' button shows, 'Our support team is really busy at the moment, a lot of customers are trying to contact us' seems indicative of a system problem.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Very similar to my procedures except the SMS thing,

I can't and will not transfer anytime soon.

I >once< had this "takes longer" with Euro to Baht.

Annoying and making me nervous.

In the end (day 3?) transfer done as ordered.

Maybe someone comes up with similar experience.

Did UK bank to Wise, then transfer to AED in Dubai. All within 2 hours yesterday

20 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

but why 'we detected a suspicious login attempt' notice when from the time stamp it was obviously me using the same PC that I have used for transfers 100's of times before, not just once but each time I tried to open my account, the last time was merely to use the tracking service, as soon as I typed in the sms code up came the warning for the third time.

VPN? dunno, that's something for you to workout

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Don't forget that it's a Bank holiday in UK today.

Today I got a change of address form from Phoenix Life. I didn't even know I had a policy. Thought I would phone just for a laugh. No..., Bank holiday. ????

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Today I got a change of address form from Phoenix Life. I didn't even know I had a policy. Thought I would phone just for a laugh. No..., Bank holiday. ????

It must just be International transfers which cannot be done on a Bank Hol.

I have just done a Nationwide to Barclays transfer instantly. 

52 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I logged in 3 different times into my 'Wise' account as normal and each time I received a warning that an unknown computer was being used, each time I ticked the 'computer can be trusted' button. After the first time I even changed my password, I was able to carry out a transaction and received an email that they had received my money and would send Thai Baht to my Thai account today, they would inform me by email when the money was on its way. After two hours and no email I tried the tracking option which informed me that it was taking longer than usual to process. I tried using the 'help' button only to find that the help team was overworked at the moment. Anyone know what's going on?

There are a number of reasons why a payment can be delayed. Despite their best endeavors, transfers are not always immediate. The problem is we have all got used to them being so quick and reliable that we feel let down when it doesn't work out that way. Like when your car doesn't start first time.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2977951/why-is-my-transfer-taking-so-long

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

My German bank told me that all my 'Wise' transfers have gone through Holland

Well I just managed to login this time with no problems but their support team is still overloaded and can't be reached and their website is down so there are problems somewhere. Wise has deducted my money from my German account but it isn't being sent on at the moment.

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not missed but what is dramatic here over the weekend.

No reason to hold transfers.

2% movement in a week is pretty big, don't forget we aren't talking about a few thousand euros, it's hundreds of millions and people timing the market and cancelling transfers if the rate moves the wrong way hence why they sometimes add in additional charges

17 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Well I just managed to login this time with no problems but their support team is still overloaded and can't be reached and their website is down so there are problems somewhere. Wise has deducted my money from my German account but it isn't being sent on at the moment.

Standard transfers usually go through in seconds.  If you ticked "funds for longterm in Thailand", that may required additional processing, possibly even human intervention, and may take a day or two.

Also, if you're having Wise deduct from your German account, there is a small additional fee for that service.  Sending from your German account should cost nothing.  I assume domestic transfers in Europe are free as with ACH transfers in the US.

6 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Standard transfers usually go through in seconds.  If you ticked "funds for longterm in Thailand", that may required additional processing, possibly even human intervention, and may take a day or two.

Also, if you're having Wise deduct from your German account, there is a small additional fee for that service.  Sending from your German account should cost nothing.  I assume domestic transfers in Europe are free as with ACH transfers in the US.

I always tick funds for long stay in Thailand and get same day transfers, their email informing me that they had received my money also said it would be transferred today, only when I used the tracking service did it inform me there would be a delay and would take longer than usual. I find it strange that their support team still can't be reached, never happened before.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

2% movement in a week is pretty big, don't forget we aren't talking about a few thousand euros, it's hundreds of millions and people timing the market and cancelling transfers if the rate moves the wrong way hence why they sometimes add in additional charges

If so then presumably those making EUR/THB transfers are currently being specifically advised by Wise that the xrates upon which their transfers would be based would be subject to short-notice variation (or words to that effect), just as those making GBP/THB transfers were a few months ago when the GBP/THB xrate was yo-yoing violently. Perhaps the OP and/or @KhunBENQ could let us know whether or not this is the case?

Edited by OJAS

I have been happily using Wise for 2 years to send money to Thailand from my German bank account...euro to baht The money has usually arrived within seconds.

But recently things have gone haywire with Wise. The problem seems to be with the Klarna method of paying Wise from my bank account which I have always used without difficulty. Now Klarna says Wise cannot receive money from my bank..DKB...So I transferred to Wise with a normal inter-bank transfer.

Confirming receipt of my payment I could see from the time given that the payment was from the first, "not possible" attempt to use Klarna. The 2nd, inter-bank transfer has its own transaction number and is "awaiting payment".

I have had no problem calling Wise, not that their friendly staff could really help.

9 minutes ago, kalasiner said:

I have been happily using Wise for 2 years to send money to Thailand from my German bank account...euro to baht The money has usually arrived within seconds.

But recently things have gone haywire with Wise. The problem seems to be with the Klarna method of paying Wise from my bank account which I have always used without difficulty. Now Klarna says Wise cannot receive money from my bank..DKB...So I transferred to Wise with a normal inter-bank transfer.

Confirming receipt of my payment I could see from the time given that the payment was from the first, "not possible" attempt to use Klarna. The 2nd, inter-bank transfer has its own transaction number and is "awaiting payment".

I have had no problem calling Wise, not that their friendly staff could really help.

Yes, I have always used Klarna without any problems, my bank is the Sparkasse. The transfer to Wise was no problem, Wise confirmed that they had received the money, the transfer to my Thai account was the problem and that lies firmly in Wises corner. I have just received an email from Wise saying they have sent my money now and it should arrive on the 30th. I still have the login problem, 'we have detected a suspicious login' and I have to verify it is me each time, the site explains that I am using a different computer to login which is nonsense, I am using the same PC as always. It still isn't possible to contact their support team about this as they are still overloaded with emails so I do suspect that they have a system problem. I too have found that the support team isn't much use, they are friendly but seem to lack any knowledge about the Wise systems or methods.