'Wise' what's up?

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Yes, I have always used Klarna without any problems, my bank is the Sparkasse. The transfer to Wise was no problem, Wise confirmed that they had received the money, the transfer to my Thai account was the problem and that lies firmly in Wises corner. I have just received an email from Wise saying they have sent my money now and it should arrive on the 30th. I still have the login problem, 'we have detected a suspicious login' and I have to verify it is me each time, the site explains that I am using a different computer to login which is nonsense, I am using the same PC as always. It still isn't possible to contact their support team about this as they are still overloaded with emails so I do suspect that they have a system problem. I too have found that the support team isn't much use, they are friendly but seem to lack any knowledge about the Wise systems or methods.

Do you use VPN sometimes, this could change your IP address while using it, so they think you changed your computer.

For work I need to change to a German location sometimes and then I won't be able to access BEIN Thailand website. After breaking the German connection, it works fine again.

Edited by FritsSikkink

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Maybe worth mentioning:

I always transfer from my WISE account (Belgian IBAN).

I fill up that account from my German bank account (DKB) with normal SEPA transfer.

So far never a problem.

I guess transferring with SEPA takes some time and then Wise transfers normally with the money arriving in Thailand a day or two later ?

The beauty of Klarna was that the money arrived in Thailand instantly. Important to me is not the immediate transfer but the transparency: click, click money in Thailand. Now Klarna says "no can do", only for the money to be booked and my renewed payment to Wise being booked as a 2nd transfer.

Edited by kalasiner

51 minutes ago, kalasiner said:

I guess transferring with SEPA takes some time and then Wise transfers normally with the money arriving in Thailand a day or two later ?

Yes it is of course not an instant/quick method.

But I usually transfer some funds to the WISE account as soon as pension is on German account. Then watch rate and hope to hit a good time to send.

23 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I logged in 3 different times into my 'Wise' account as normal and each time I received a warning that an unknown computer was being used, each time I ticked the 'computer can be trusted' button. After the first time I even changed my password, I was able to carry out a transaction and received an email that they had received my money and would send Thai Baht to my Thai account today, they would inform me by email when the money was on its way. After two hours and no email I tried the tracking option which informed me that it was taking longer than usual to process. I tried using the 'help' button only to find that the help team was overworked at the moment. Anyone know what's going on?

It isn't the PC they remember but your browser. The mobile phone is different tho' and I don't know about tablets

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Do you use VPN sometimes, this could change your IP address while using it, so they think you changed your computer.

For work I need to change to a German location sometimes and then I won't be able to access BEIN Thailand website. After breaking the German connection, it works fine again.

No VPN but although I still use windows 7  (blush blush) they describe my computer (the suspicious computer that is trying to login ie. me) as windows 10 which I have never had. when windows 10 came out my sister got it and hated it and wished she had never changed from 7 so I just kept mine.

23 hours ago, soalbundy said:

yesterday has come and gone, any one sent today?

An hour ago I made a transfer from American credit union to my Kashikorn account, took about 8 seconds for money to show transfer $ to Baht in my K account. No issues I performed the transfer from my iPhone using FaceID for authentication.

3 minutes ago, 9a9a said:

Worked perfectly for me yesterday, money from Uk bank to Bangkok bank in 5 seconds.

Well I'm at a loss for words, the quickest I have ever had was 7 hours even though Wise received my money immediately. This time around it's going to take 3 days, transferred on the 28th and will get my money on the 30th according to the Wise email, with apologies that it took so long to process, (what's to process?)

4 hours ago, kalasiner said:

I have been happily using Wise for 2 years to send money to Thailand from my German bank account...euro to baht The money has usually arrived within seconds.

But recently things have gone haywire with Wise. The problem seems to be with the Klarna method of paying Wise from my bank account which I have always used without difficulty. Now Klarna says Wise cannot receive money from my bank..DKB...So I transferred to Wise with a normal inter-bank transfer.

Confirming receipt of my payment I could see from the time given that the payment was from the first, "not possible" attempt to use Klarna. The 2nd, inter-bank transfer has its own transaction number and is "awaiting payment".

I have had no problem calling Wise, not that their friendly staff could really help.

Just to illustrate how "haywire" Wise have become.

Yesterday this transfer was paid into my Thai bank account. I have now received an email that this transfer will be paid into my Thai bank account tomorrow, 30 Aug. !!

I have checked and the money for this transfer has been debited just once from my bank account.

Should this money really turn up on my account, I will tomorrow be visiting my bank branch with a wry grin on my face !  (only kidding....I do not want to risk being blacklisted from the European banking system).

Well I finally managed to contact support. They told me for verification I should use Chrome or Edge (I always use Chrome) and if I switch to sometimes using my Android phone that could cause confusion (I never do) so that was all the help I got. I used 'Help' again to ask why some people get their money in seconds and I usually wait 7 hours, I'm not holding my breath....7 hours is better than 3 days which my latest transfer is now taking.

On 8/28/2023 at 3:08 PM, scubascuba3 said:

You seem to have missed the recent movements

A change of 1 peak to peak over 38 during a whole month... and you call that volatility??

Besides, the problem has appeared in the last few days, a change of 0.2 over 38, the definition of stability.

On 8/28/2023 at 8:22 AM, soalbundy said:

I logged in 3 different times into my 'Wise' account as normal and each time I received a warning that an unknown computer was being used, each time I ticked the 'computer can be trusted' button. After the first time I even changed my password, I was able to carry out a transaction and received an email that they had received my money and would send Thai Baht to my Thai account today, they would inform me by email when the money was on its way. After two hours and no email I tried the tracking option which informed me that it was taking longer than usual to process. I tried using the 'help' button only to find that the help team was overworked at the moment. Anyone know what's going on?

August Bank Holiday in the UK.....Long weekend.

29 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

A change of 1 peak to peak over 38 during a whole month... and you call that volatility??

Besides, the problem has appeared in the last few days, a change of 0.2 over 38, the definition of stability.

the poster was implying the rate barely moved, but it moved 2% in a week, that's a lot. I didn't call it volatile, Wise might consider it so, Revolut used to consider THB volatile, maybe still do

Several months ago, I cleared out my laptop's history file and cookie file (had had some issues with accessing my USA Financial Account to check on my IRA. 

After that, I attempted to login to my WISE Account.  Because now, WISE assumed I was logging on using a 'different computer'.  So, I had to go through formally identifying that it was truly me.  With a picture of my passport and allowing the WISE site to take my facial picture (took about 3 tries to get one that met their satisfaction.)  I was then allowed to access my account.  WILL NEVER DO HOUSEKEEPING OF MY COMPUTER AGAIN!

Also, in November, I was in the US, and had to send funds using WISE to my Thai savings account.  They sent me an emailing identifying a possible security issue with the transaction.  I had to acknowledge that it was me.

Am happy that WISE is managing the security on their website to this level of accountability.

5 hours ago, fceligoj said:

Several months ago, I cleared out my laptop's history file and cookie file (had had some issues with accessing my USA Financial Account to check on my IRA. 

After that, I attempted to login to my WISE Account.  Because now, WISE assumed I was logging on using a 'different computer'.  So, I had to go through formally identifying that it was truly me.  With a picture of my passport and allowing the WISE site to take my facial picture (took about 3 tries to get one that met their satisfaction.)  I was then allowed to access my account.  WILL NEVER DO HOUSEKEEPING OF MY COMPUTER AGAIN!

Also, in November, I was in the US, and had to send funds using WISE to my Thai savings account.  They sent me an emailing identifying a possible security issue with the transaction.  I had to acknowledge that it was me.

Am happy that WISE is managing the security on their website to this level of accountability.

That is strange because I clean my computer every evening and have never had a problem until now. Something is going on at 'wise'. First I was told on the 28th my money would be in my Thai account in 7 hours, ie. the same day. Later I was told there would be a delay in processing my money and it would take longer. On the 29th they sent me an email saying they were sending the money and it would be in my account on the 30th. Today (30th) I picked up my money from BBK and saw on my bank book they had booked the money into my account on the 28th. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

• 5 months later...

Today I sent money with Wise to the UK.

I got the message within seconds, the money arrived in the recipient's bank, but the bank will pay him out tomorrow at 4.58pm

How does Wise know at what time the bank will credit the recipient's account? Sounds fishy to me.

This evening at 8pm someone from Europe sent me money. He got the message, the money is in Ben's bank already, but it may take up to 2 days for the bank to credit his account.

I got email with the tracking from Wise, and it tells me the same. I'm with Kasikorn, it is less than 2000 baht, and this has never happened to me before.

At the time of writing, the money is still not in my account