Do you really think drugs should be legalised ?

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Thieving, rape, murder has been going on since time began, do you want that legalised because it cannot be fixed..................:whistling:

No I don't, and stop trying to put words in my mouth that I have never uttered in my life. I do think that 5 or so decades of losing with actually the problem worsening, an adequate time to evaluate that the strategy isn't working. People want to get high.

Besides that, drugs harm the user, thieving rape and murder harm the victim.

Edited by retarius
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Sneaky... In summary, you are of the opinion that anyone who uses "illegal" drugs will die, leaving more room on the planet for "good" people..

When is your next sermon? Such a simple-minded solution..

Firstly, the planet is already de-populating. This will bring wide-ranging problems by itself..

Anyone that overdoses on such as heroin will likely die, and if people can have as much as they want for free.................................

I never said that non drug users are "good". Dealers probably don't use their own product because they know what it does.

The planet is not de populating, just advanced countries.

Anyway, with, IMO, 5 billion too many people it's going to take more than a few deaths from drug overdoses to correct it.

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

No I don't, and stop trying to put words in my mouth that I have never uttered in my life. I do think that 5 or so decades of losing with actually the problem worsening, an adequate time to evaluate that the strategy isn't working. People want to get high.

I am putting nothing in your mouth, just a question for your gray cells, ol' chum...

"People want to get high", spoken like a true junky...........:clap2:

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I am putting nothing in your mouth, just a question for your gray cells, ol' chum...

"People want to get high", spoken like a true junky...........:clap2:

Absolutely true people who have miserable, impoverished lives will use any substance which helps them out of their situation. Also true bored, spoiled people will do the same.

Three cups of coffee. You sound like a junkie yourself.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3777290/

• Haha 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Absolutely true people who have miserable, impoverished lives will use any substance which helps them out of their situation. Also true bored, spoiled people will do the same.

Three cups of coffee. You sound like a junkie yourself.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3777290/

Yeees, I never thought of that, Nescafe could be in trouble wiv the BiB.....????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Yeees, I never thought of that, Nescafe could be in trouble wiv the BiB.....????

You must drink different coffee to me then. I only drink coffee to stay awake. It never gave me a high.

I have asked smokers if tobacco gives them a high, but never got an answer. Does anyone know?

On a similar topic, someone I know has just been detained in Dubai for admitting to having smoked a J. Clear on everything else.

He faces 90 days in Dubai jail then deportation. It has cost his family GBP22,000 to prevent transfer to main jail in Abu Dhabi.

Does anyone here have any experience or information regarding conditions in such a place please?

1 minute ago, transam said:

Really.............................:coffee1:

IMO really.

Lot of bad people where I live and they all drink lots and lots of alcoholic beverages. None of the nice people I know drink more than a beer or a bit of wine now and then.

I used to drink, so I'm not talking as a wowser.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

You must drink different coffee to me then. I only drink coffee to stay awake. It never gave me a high.

I have asked smokers if tobacco gives them a high, but never got an answer. Does anyone know?

I drink coffee because I like it, and I don't think it has any noticeable effect on me.

As I am now a non-smoker, I can tell you smoking does not give one a high, more of a habit, relief............????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The nicotine in tobacco gives a temporary high. By the time a cigarette, cigar or pipe is finished, carbon monoxide and other toxins in the smoke offset the high.

It's why just one cigarette is never enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Plenty of thieving, rape and murder in Muslim countries, where alcohol is banned.

It may be banned, but to think it is unavailable is erroneous. Super markets sell a lot of fruit juice nudge nudge wink wink.

Guy I used to live with had a big plastic rubbish bin in the kitchen full of the stuff fermenting.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO really.

Lot of bad people where I live and they all drink lots and lots of alcoholic beverages. None of the nice people I know drink more than a beer or a bit of wine now and then.

I used to drink, so I'm not talking as a wowser.

Everyone is different in their reaction to booze intake............:drunk:.......:guitar:

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

The nicotine in tobacco gives a temporary high. By the time a cigarette, cigar or pipe is finished, carbon monoxide and other toxins in the smoke offset the high.

It's why just one cigarette is never enough.

Thanks for the 2 replies on that. I never smoked tobacco and was always curious why people did.

My first partner smoked before we lived together, stopped when with me and started again after I left. She claimed it stopped her gaining weight.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Everyone is different in their reaction to booze intake............:drunk:.......:guitar:

Alcohol removes inhibitions, it then depends on what inhibitions are being removed as to what reactions ensue.

49 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Once governments will up to task to keep up with the increased cases of the drugs over use, i.e police, hospitals, courts and prisons for those who abuse and commit offences under the influence, than sure, but i don't see it happening anytime soon. 

A lot of crimes are committed by people who need money to buy drugs,give the drugs a lot cheaper and save the police and courts a lot of time!

Giving Methadon to Heroin users has giving a lot of people their lives back.

So the Australian State that will legalise personal use of all drugs from October 28 is Canberra ,the Capital of Australia (Australian capital territory) and residents are mostly politicians and Government workers 

The Police commissioner there is concerned now that drug dealers and bikie gangs will move in for business 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12451693/ACT-fantasyland-drugs-Police-warn-Canberra-attract-cocaine-heroin-meth-LSD-users.html

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, transam said:

Thieving, rape, murder has been going on since time began, do you want that legalised because it cannot be fixed..................:whistling:

Now that is a completely off-topic reply to the discussion.

Thanks for playing,,,