Do you really think drugs should be legalised ?

I was very shocked to see marijuana legalised recently in Thailand.

The country had the most harshest drug laws at one stage .

Now I see a State in Australia going one step further on October 28 and not only legalising weed but other drugs ,meth etc for personal use too which the Police commissioner of that Australian State has spoken out it will lead to more crime in his State by blow ins coming in to use and sell as well as more traffic accidents 

He stated he recently done a study tour of the USA to visit a State there that had legalised drugs and even the police commissioner there told him it's now out of control 

Whilst Thailand only legalised weed for personal use has the traffic accidents increased ,what's your feeling in legalising drugs 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

As probably well known I believe there are too many people on the planet. Legalise all drugs and give them out for free and the population will surely decrease.

Any that are not of the mind set that it's better to be high than normal will live and be the better for their departure, IMO.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

It is illogical to criminalize other drugs, when alcohol is legal and the cause of considerable violence.

Most of the evidence supports legalizing illicit drugs, crime rates go down, legal drugs are less expensive and far less likely to be adulterated.

The only caveat I have is anyone who commits a crime under the influence of drugs get the same standing in law, and the same sentencing, as someone who is stone cold sober.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As probably well known I believe there are too many people on the planet. Legalise all drugs and give them out for free and the population will surely decrease.

Any that are not of the mind set that it's better to be high than normal will live and be the better for their departure, IMO.

Sneaky... In summary, you are of the opinion that anyone who uses "illegal" drugs will die, leaving more room on the planet for "good" people..

When is your next sermon? Such a simple-minded solution..

Firstly, the planet is already de-populating. This will bring wide-ranging problems by itself..

• Like 1

Once governments will up to task to keep up with the increased cases of the drugs over use, i.e police, hospitals, courts and prisons for those who abuse and commit offences under the influence, than sure, but i don't see it happening anytime soon. 

Edited by ezzra
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Did you mean this?

Once hailed for decriminalizing drugs, Portugal is now having doubts

Portugal's drug decriminalization faces opposition as addiction multiplies - The Washington Post

Sorry, anything you read in the Washington Post, like all things that come out of the US ir a biased, slanted, or an outright lie.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, mikebike said:

And cannabis and psilocybin have been used for millennia, what's your point?

My point, whatever you want it to be, but to be sure, I am not a substance jockey, never needed it.......................????...............   ????

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Of course there is opposition!There should be and now they found out they will need more regulation.

I find this normal.

Still a whole lot better then fighting a losing war against drugs.

People have been using drugs since the beginning of mankind and they will continue to do so.

Like a lot of things in the world we now have to chose between the lesser evil instead of a better choice.

Maybe the government should create a saver alternative to these

dangerous drugs and sell them so the criminals need to find something else to do?

Exactly, how long has the war on drugs been losing....maybe 5 decades. As Einstein supposedly said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It is high to to try a different strategy. It is not irrevocable if it doesn't work. But instead of locking millions of people up world wide and having criminals make massive fortunes, why not try legalisation.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, retarius said:

Exactly, how long has the war on drugs been losing....maybe 5 decades. As Einstein supposedly said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It is high to to try a different strategy. It is not irrevocable if it doesn't work. But instead of locking millions of people up world wide and having criminals make massive fortunes, why not try legalisation.

Thieving, rape, murder has been going on since time began, do you want that legalised because it cannot be fixed..................:whistling:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Adumbration said:

I was always against legalisation of drugs.  

But now I am a staunch advocate.

Drugs are a helpful tool to offset the monotony of the endless fake click bait content that gets posted on this forum nowadays.

A junky member, hmmmm, perhaps find another hobby away from a PC screen.......................????

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Thieving, rape, murder has been going on since time began, do you want that legalised because it cannot be fixed..................:whistling:

You are high on what now?

Apples and oranges there i think.

• Haha 1

Yes, legalize drugs for adults....with the caveat that committing crimes while under the influence is absolutely no excuse.  Drunk driving comes to mind.  Adults should be allowed the freedom to make choices for themselves and also be held to account.