E-Visa Document Upload Problem - Passport Lost

Hi,

I’ve reached the ‘Supporting Document’ stage of the online E-Visa process and not sure what to do regarding ‘Applicant is required to upload passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 1 year.’

My issue is that I lost my previous passport. I now have a nice new passport, however there’s not a single immigration stamp inside as it’s never been used, so I don’t have anything to upload.

I’ve emailed the Thai embassy (London) and will also try phoning them but I'm not too sure it'll get me anywhere.

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

23 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I would suggest including a copy of the lost passport report you used when getting your new passport. That, combined with the issue date of the new passport should satisfy the officials if they have a higher IQ than a lava lamp.

There was no report made to the police, only an online form completed for the passport office and subsequent phone call, however I could try uploading their email to me acknowledging the lost/cancelled passport.

Thanks for the suggestion Tim.

Edited by brotherother

19 hours ago, brotherother said:

I’ve emailed the Thai embassy (London) and will also try phoning them but I'm not too sure it'll get me anywhere.

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

You are right to doubt it will get you anywhere.

If you want to make a comment regarding anything on the application the easiest way is to write on a piece of paper, take a photo and upload that. If necessary you can combine the note with a document.

In your case I would suggest something like " New passport - Old passport unavailable, reported as lost to HM Passport Office."

Simplicity is best, if they want more info they will ask. Usually quite quick, I applied on a Monday, they asked for more info, and I got the visa on the Thursday.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

I would suggest including a copy of the lost passport report you used when getting your new passport. That, combined with the issue date of the new passport should satisfy the officials if they have a higher IQ than a lava lamp.

Trouble is their IQ. isn't quite up to that standard