US English teacher arrested for sexual relation with 16 y/o student

webfact

8 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The challenge he would have is that he was a teacher having a relationship with a student.  There is no other real crime.

Geez man, haven't you read some of these other posts that detail the specific crimes that this guy committed?  Nevermind Thailand, this guy is an American and he violated American law.

[Under the Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to End the Exploitation of Children Today Act of 2003 (PROTECT Act), it is a crime, prosecutable in the United States, for a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to engage in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign country with a person under the age of 18, whether or not the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident intended to engage in such illicit sexual conduct prior to going abroad.]

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/arrest-detention/crimes-against-minors.html

20 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

So as I understand it, he is not charged for having consensual sex, but for keeping her away from her family?

There is an easy solution for this guy to get out of jail.  It is called marriage.  If he marries her and pays sin sod then all is forgotten.

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would say the reason is parental extortion.

They think the guy has some money and are trying to get some of it.

Can't see this going anywhere, he'll pay them, and the charges will go away.

At worst he'll have to marry her.

Other than sin sod and I am not sure they would get a lot The real reason is that they want to make sure it is permanent and to save face.

Guaranteed that if he had of or dows marry her there will no longer be a problem.  All charges will be dropped.

While I think he made a mistake we also have to consider the possibility that mom and dad either knew about it for 5 months or did not worry about what their daughter was doing late a night or where she was gong during the day. 

How many times on here have we talked about the Thai women who want a Farang husband so that they can go to the U.S./UK AUS or other countries and be looked after?

How many times have we talked about Thai women wanting house/ car money?

In the 70's on the miltary bases there were 2 sets of parents.

1. Find a soldier get him to marry you and you are set for life.  The means of getting it did not matter to mom or dad

2. Stay away from dating soldiers and find a good man away from the base.

Again was he stupid YES

Should he have known better YES

Should the school he was teaching at been more aware YES

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Geez man, haven't you read some of these other posts that detail the specific crimes that this guy committed?  Nevermind Thailand, this guy is an American and he violated American law.

[Under the Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to End the Exploitation of Children Today Act of 2003 (PROTECT Act), it is a crime, prosecutable in the United States, for a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to engage in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign country with a person under the age of 18, whether or not the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident intended to engage in such illicit sexual conduct prior to going abroad.]

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/arrest-detention/crimes-against-minors.html

Please enlighten me on what sex crime did he commit.  Reading here, the only thing I read is that he took her away from her family which is not covered under the law you quote.

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Please enlighten me on what sex crime did he commit.  Reading here, the only thing I read is that he took her away from her family which is not covered under the law you quote.

Read the thread title.  He was arrested for having sexual relations with a 16 yr old without the parents' consent.  As for the US law, should be plainly obvious. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

They are not raping each other. In most cases, the sex between partners in their teens is consensual even though it may have had peer pressure.

BTW, before talking about Thailand it is important that we look at our own countries.  Teens having sex at an early age isn't uncommon.  Hell, the U.S. and U.K. have created TV shows about it,

I suspect a lot of the posters making these 'hang em high' posts have no contact with school kids and have no idea what the 13 and 14yo girls are getting up to back in their home countries.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hanuman2547 said:

Anyway you look at it, this teacher is in a world of legal trouble.  Unless he can get a very good, and expensive lawyer, he might be spending a little more time in Thailand than he had planned.

No, he's already out on bail and facing a 30k-60kbht fine and deportation.

Unless he marries her, in which case all charges will be dropped and he can stay.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Read the thread title.  He was arrested for having sexual relations with a 16 yr old without the parents' consent.  As for the US law, should be plainly obvious. 

Read the thread.  Yes the title is a gotcha

The suspect, identified as Mr. Luke, an American national, had been wanted by the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court on charges of "taking a minor who is over 15 years old but not exceeding 18 years old away from their parents, guardian, or caretaker without reasonable cause, willingly and intentionally." 

Says nothing about sex.  She could have decided that she wnted to live with im and he gave her her own room and did not touch her still could be charged with this.

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I suspect a lot of the posters making these 'hang em high' posts have no contact with school kids and have no idea what the 13 and 14yo girls are getting up to back in their home countries.

It is actually surprising in this day and age.  It is too bad people do not read and look around.  

Most of these people have not taught or been involved with schools or teenagers here.

For many sex starts in the early years because they are missing love at home or peer pressure.  

Girls here fall in love and think that in order to keep the boy, they have to do as he asks.  Unfortunately, they are not aware of things called Birth control and there is no sex education at the level needed.

This happens in many schools unfortunately.  It is one of the biggest reason I think that schools really hate hiring young male teachers or even single male teachers.

6 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Says nothing about sex.  She could have decided that she wnted to live with im and he gave her her own room and did not touch her still could be charged with this.

Even if you are into 16 year old children, I don't see how people like you are defending this guy. He is a real POS and a human excrement just for the fact he was taking sex videos without other people's knowledge and has in fact recorded a video with this child. So, in fact you are very wrong. He is also charged with making indecent videos with a minor and he will be a toast in Thailand and in the USA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Not only did they have sex, the perv took videos.  The mother has even accused the guy of giving her daughter gonorrhea.

Not sure why some of you are defending this guy.  He's a sexual predator, preying on very young girls.  This current situation is not his first rodeo. 

Where is your proof that he has done this before.

The mother says that he has a video

There is a rumour that she has an std.

None of that matters LEGALLY

Was he stupid? Definitely

But last time I checked, STUPIDITY IS NOT ILLEGAL.

No one here is saying he did not do wrong.  What we are saying is tht he screwed up, but legally there is no legal sex crime involved

The litmus test is that if he said he would marry her and paid a sin sod then all this goes away. There is nothing for the police to charge.

If it was a sex crime as you demand it is the parents would have no say and could not stop it.

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Even if you are into 16 year old children, I don't see how people like you are defending this guy. He is a real POS and a human excrement just for the fact he was taking sex videos without other people's knowledge and has in fact recorded a video with this child. So, in fact you are very wrong. He is also charged with making indecent videos with a minor and he will be a toast in Thailand and in the USA.

Defending him is a strong word.  Do I think he is an <deleted> and idiot YES.

The challenge I have is with everyone saying he committed a sexual crime. No charges have been evied.

As to being charged with making a video can you please provide a link I have not seen anything where he is charged by police.

This is a guy who thought with the wrong brain.  Did he screw up again I agree.

12 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

He will be popular in Prison.....555555.   Especially in America.

I doubt he goes to prison. The american system is so screwed up right now I doubt he will go to prison there either if he is sent back.  all he has to do is land in NY or California an he will be forgiven .

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Haha... better days for Luke

245366362_581993643148063_1655656344065787474_n.jpg

Lol, the poor man's Andrew Tate.

He should go to jail just for this photo. Hopefully the far reaching hand of US justice system will be vigorous and swift!

EDIT:

Oh dear, I recognize this place. It's Oka Haus on Rama IV. My wife's sister owns a place there. PLS don't tell me I swam in the same pool as this creep ????

Edited by Celsius

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

Lol, the poor man's Andrew Tate.

He should go to jail just for this photo. Hopefully the far reaching hand of US justice system will be vigorous and swift!

That reads like you have a problem with him personally.........:huh:

• Like 1