Bank Officer Nabbed for Embezzling Nearly 30 Million Baht from Customers

webfact

8 hours ago, david555 said:

I was referring to the example of online phishing fraud ,not directly about the "inside bank jobs" .....

Several examples in my E.U. country of online fraud by copied Bank-sites an spoofed phone numbers from bank , and so fake represented bank officials on client doorstep after.....(especially older persons as victims )

Yes, but this thread is about fraud by bank employees, not scammers.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:35 PM, webfact said:

1-แบบปกใส่คำพูด-New3-2023-09-03T164908.855-768x433.jpg

In a shocking incident, police have issued an arrest warrant for a prominent bank officer in Kalasin province, who allegedly embezzled almost 30 million baht from customers.

Operating within the network of Village Funds (GFs), the officer exploited her role as a bank officer to manipulate account books, fake transactions, and divert loans, causing cumulative losses of nearly 30 million baht, reported Daily News.

7-48.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The scandal came to light when the GF committee received complaints of delayed disbursements. Residents realized the officer in question was responsible for these discrepancies. She worked at the Savings Bank branch in Kuchinarai district for over a decade, wearing the bank's uniform.

The local police have responded promptly, filing charges against her for embezzlement, document forgery, and other related crimes. The investigative unit is gathering evidence to construct a robust legal argument.

The monetary losses stemming from the fraudulent scheme have surpassed 28 million baht, with projections indicating that the final sum could extend to 30 million baht.

This occurrence has sparked widespread public indignation, prompting the bank's leadership to take decisive measures. They have relocated senior officials from the branch and initiated internal inquiries. Furthermore, the bank's higher-level board has established dedicated committees to confront the situation and provide compensation to those impacted.

4-65.jpg

Picture: Daily News

This case underscores the crucial significance of upholding honesty and integrity within financial institutions, which is essential for cultivating trust and safeguarding customer interests. With the ongoing investigation, the bank's reputation hangs in the balance, underscoring the stakes involved.

Top Picture: Daily News

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-09-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

A new word for Transfer is now redeploy 5555

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes, but this thread is about fraud by bank employees, not scammers.

correct ,

but my recent reply was as answer to your latest comment about never happening by U.K. banks .....so both of us are drifting away from original post of mistrust putting money on Thai banks ....., meaning by me

Thai banks are no worse than western banks 

So best we  keep it at that finally i think. ????