Permanently living on a Cruise Liner that travels around the world ?

nobodysfriend

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/three-year-cruise-never-ends/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/3-year-cruise-mv-gemini/index.html

Life at Sea Cruises will now allow passengers to join the three-year voyage at any point.

Passengers can work from the pool deck as they roam around the globe.

The suites are the size of a small apartment.

Passengers will spend three years on the ship.

I like the idea ... Restaurants , Health care , pool , sightseeing , people of a similar standard , not cheap , but better than a home for retired ...?

A lot of people seem to like that idea ... BUT , need to sign up ( and pay ) for the first three years , ( minimum $ 30000 per year and person ) , no " red light quarters " , stormy weather ( ? ) Covid ( ? ) ,

They surely have bars and internet ...

Would you like it ?

Edited by nobodysfriend

I'd rather sail the world while working on a container ship.  Ex-navy.  I really enjoy being out at sea for extended periods of time.  If I had this life to do over again, I would have entered a maritime academy with the end goal of captaining a commercial ship.  Not a cruise liner.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My idea of hell. Stuck in a shoe box cabin with thousands of chavs and their screaming children. Getting fatter by the day.

It seems that most of the people who signed in are retired people with no children .

( 3 years trip won't have many children ...)

I worked on a similar sized boat when I was young and it was a pleasant experience .

I would not do the cruise today , because I love my dogs and the daily walk on the beaches ,

I would go for it, but only on a regular cruise ship.

On a regular cruise ship you have a cabin with ocean view, room service and laundry all included.

You have a choice of several restaurants and bars and nightly Entertaiment. Swimming pool, sports and fitness facilities.

Medical and dental available and best of all you get a change of passengers every few weeks so never get fed up with the company.

What's not to like

• Like 1

Imagine being trapped on a boat with a thousand retired ex-pats.  Always the same crowd in speedos at the pool drunk by 8am, and always the same Chinese retirees at the shrimp buffet.

The only question is, will it by you on the promenade shaking your cane yelling "git off muh poop deck!"

As a follow up to my earlier post:-

Don't forget all fresh batch of ladies that come with every new bunch of holiday makers.

There will be rich widows, wifes and daughters of all ages all looking for that shipboard romance of their dreams

Something for everyone :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1