Why Trump’s court dates may not impact his primary success

Social Media

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying that money makes voters support one candidate over another? Can they not make up their mind without ads?

I think it's pretty clear that too many fall for the razzamatazz, and the ones with the most cash can make the most razzmatazz.

Statistically 50% of voters are of below average intelligence.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying that money makes voters support one candidate over another? Can they not make up their mind without ads?

"Can they not make up their mind without ads?"

Many (Most?) can but don't.  They go with name recognition and the most appealing and simple-minded sound bites--MAGA, Drain the Swamp, Lock her up---regardless of how meaningless and detached from reality they are.

39 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Those who argue that President Joe Biden is too old to run for re-election are wrong. He’s not too old – he’s too Joe Biden. 

His age isn’t the problem. His competence is.

You really need to start judging Presidents by what they accomplish than by edited videos and soundbites.  Biden has passed far more legislation and done more for our international alliances than Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You really need to start judging Presidents by what they accomplish than by edited videos and soundbites.  Biden has passed far more legislation and done more for our international alliances than Trump.

This just in... Now that Secretary Blinken has reverted to an old and failed formula, promoted by President Barack Obama and some of his predecessors, the Saudis apparently think they can appease their fellow Arabs by appearing to squeeze Israel into making new concessions. This is despite the fact that previous concessions have not changed the minds of Palestinian leaders who regularly affirm their desire, not just for a state of their own, but for a state that replaces the Jewish state.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:15 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the people that will vote for Trump are already convinced to do so, and that there are few undecideds out there, so should not matter at all if he is in court or not.

A couple of convictions would have a big impact on the voters.

My guess is that Trump will be out on appeal during the November election.

On 9/9/2023 at 8:10 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Those who argue that President Joe Biden is too old to run for re-election are wrong. He’s not too old – he’s too Joe Biden. 

His age isn’t the problem. His competence is.

I agree he is not the best candidates for the Dems.

But Trump is the worst candidate for the Republicans.

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2023 at 8:30 PM, BusyB said:

I think it's pretty clear that too many fall for the razzamatazz, and the ones with the most cash can make the most razzmatazz.

Statistically 50% of voters are of below average intelligence.

If 50% of voters are of below intelligence, you are apparently claiming that low intelligence is a "norm" in the human race. Doesn't sound good for our future as a species.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If 50% of voters are of below intelligence, you are apparently claiming that low intelligence is a "norm" in the human race. Doesn't sound good for our future as a species.

He stated 50% are below average.

Which is true for all averages of large data sets.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Based on current performance no. Just look around you. Some struggle to get their acts together in a supermarket at the check out. I'm not advocating arrogance, merely a realistic look, coupled with compassion not condemnation.

And I do remain somewhat hopeful. Don't forget the other 50% ????

Edited by BusyB