Trump vows to end ‘madness’ of EV push

Social Media

3 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Can you think of a reason why? C'mon, you can do it!

Why would one not put a reservoir full of fuel within a condo/apartment building complex? Any ideas?

Did you know that you could install a charging station for as little as $500 for a single car in your own garage? How much do you reckon your own personal gas station would cost? Oh, and that cost comes with hardly any long-term environmental costs, no risk of leakage into groundwater or other contamination, no remediation costs once you close the site.

My charging station in my garage was 6,000 baht, supplied & fitted.

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Can you think of a reason why? C'mon, you can do it!

Why would one not put a reservoir full of fuel within a condo/apartment building complex? Any ideas?

Did you know that you could install a charging station for as little as $500 for a single car in your own garage? How much do you reckon your own personal gas station would cost? Oh, and that cost comes with hardly any long-term environmental costs, no risk of leakage into groundwater or other contamination, no remediation costs once you close the site.

The initial discussion was around who should fund cost the of install Charging Stations and  associated costs in condo buildings

Then the forum pillocks ( POTV) jumped on board

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

The initial discussion was around who should fund cost the of install Charging Stations and  associated costs in condo buildings

Then the forum pillocks ( POTV) jumped on board

Some people are unable to understand that issues are highly complex and open fora tend towards wide-ranging discussions that expand the original thought based on points raised. At some point, "impulse" posted that he'd never seen a gas station in a condo/apartment complex, hence we posted reasons why. So this response was pertinent to the discussion.

I find it amusing that you believe one can dictate the scope of a discussion on an open forum and that it should somehow naturally be restricted to those responding. Can you show me an example of such an Eden of fora that isn't at the same time so highly restricted that it has managed to achieve popularity? This is a problem worldwide since moderation requires so much effort and no websites seem profitable enough or interested in paying for said tasks.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:00 AM, placeholder said:

Is this the end of the hydrogen highway?
A legislative fight over funding for hydrogen stations could be the fuel’s last gasp for passenger vehicles.

The stations are also expensive: The Energy Commission notes that building a hydrogen fueling station costs $6.5 million, while an EV charging station costs about $110,000.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/15/california-hydrogen-cars-00111323#:~:text=Part of the reason hydrogen,does a battery electric one.

You didn't say why putting a hydrogen filling machine in existing petrol stations would cost more than the CNG filling machine in petrol stations as were common some years ago in NZ. I'm not talking about building stations from scratch. Obviously installing an electrical socket is cheaper than a big machine, but your quote doesn't refer to what I said.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You didn't say why putting a hydrogen filling machine in existing petrol stations would cost more than the CNG filling machine in petrol stations as were common some years ago in NZ. I'm not talking about building stations from scratch. Obviously installing an electrical socket is cheaper than a big machine, but your quote doesn't refer to what I said.

You can ride around with a tank of pressurized hydrogen.

I’ll give that a skip.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:46 AM, LosLobo said:

You need to keep up, Biden is addressing those very issues.

Common Sense Biden who 'walks the talk' will 'make available $3.5 billion in funding to expand domestic manufacturing of batteries for electric vehicles'.

Biden-Harris Administration Announces $15.5 Billion to Support a Strong and Just Transition to Electric Vehicles, Retooling Existing Plants, and Rehiring Existing Workers | Department of Energy

Manufacturing of the batteries is not the issue - it's the mining of the rare metals and other scarce materials required for all the these 'Carbon Neutral' pseudo science projects that will cause irreparable damage to the environment over great swathes of the planet and deplete these resources within a few hundred years as opposed to the thousand plus years of available fossil fuels.    

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

CNG at 3,600psi & Hydrogen at 10,000psi.

What could go wrong?

Catch me up...  Are there any updates on the tech where hydrogen is stored in the interstitial spaces of some porous material?  I seem to recall it had some promise.

15 hours ago, HK MacPhooey said:

Manufacturing of the batteries is not the issue - it's the mining of the rare metals and other scarce materials required for all the these 'Carbon Neutral' pseudo science projects that will cause irreparable damage to the environment over great swathes of the planet and deplete these resources within a few hundred years as opposed to the thousand plus years of available fossil fuels.    

Are there processes for mining lithium without so many environmental impacts?

On 9/11/2023 at 8:00 AM, Danderman123 said:

Typically, nations that have lots of electric cars also use more clean energy.

https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/renewable-share-german-power-use-climbs-523-h1-2023-06-27/#:~:text=Renewables%2C at 137.5 TWh%2C represented,production volumes decreased by 0.6%.

Renewable share of German power use climbs to 52.3% in first half

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-model-y-is-the-best-selling-ev-in-germany-in-2023#:~:text=Tesla sales in Germany were,electric car in the country.

So, your post about EVs and coal is not consistent with reality.

Was it your idea, or something you read on the internet?

Coal burning China literally has millions more EV'S than Germay. 

1 minute ago, Furioso said:

Coal burning China literally has millions more EV'S than Germay. 

per capita, not so much.

But, yes, China is a special problem. They probably won't get serious until they have a climate catastrophe.

Edited by Danderman123