O visa and education help plz

Hi guys. I am trying to work through the minefield as to what to do here. 

Two children studying in Thailand. As parents we can get O visa to be with each child. Now how do i navigate going forward and which option should i take?

Do i :

1) Apply for the O visa and Education visa in the UK? Then will i be correct in assuming that after 3 months, we will have to get these visas extended for the year. Will there be a fee for extending the visa? If so, how much?

2) As i am currently in Thailand. on a visa waiver. Do i just stay here, and apply in Thailand. How much will it cost to get the education visa for my children? I believe the school will help. Then how do we go about getting an O visa, and how much will those costs be here in Thailand ? And again, will we then have to go through an extension after 3 months?

3) It is very important for me to have multiple entries. How do we navigate this aspect of the visas we get? I have heard of reentry permits. Is there a cost for this ? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

1) If you are in the UK, and can get all the necessary documentation, getting the initial visas in the UK has advantages. Each one-year extension of stay costs 1,900 baht.

2) The school will help you with this process. Each visa applied for at Immigration in Thailand costs 2,000 baht. As with a visa from an embassy outside Thailand, this gives an initial 90-day stay that is subsequently extended a year at a time.

3) A multiple re-entry permit costs 3,800 baht. Every time your permission to stay is extended, you need a fresh re-entry permit. For the initial 90-day permission to stay, you may just want to get single re-entry permits before each trip (most easily at the airport on the day of departure) for 1,000 baht.

To get the extension will i need an agent in Thailand? If so, how much will they charge. Or is it relatively straight forward and something i could do myself?

Same with the multiple reentry permit - can i do on my own?

52 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

To get the extension will i need an agent in Thailand? If so, how much will they charge. Or is it relatively straight forward and something i could do myself?

52 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

Your posts are so naive it appears that you have done Zero research.

You state currently in Thailand on visa exempt entry.

You have no time to do anything.

You should obtain everything in UK.

Regarding your questions about extensions and reentry permits that is straight forward.

No need for agent.

If you are currently in Pattaya or Bangkok suggest you chat with an agent while in Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

Using an agent would save you a little bit of time, but you can definitely do everything yourself, especially with the school advising on the visas. The re-entry permit is very simple.