Any suggestions for replacing kitchen cabinet doors in Chiang Mai, thanks

scorecard

The kitchen cupboard 'boxes' are in OK condition but all the doors need to be replaced. Original doors poor quality and are deteriorating. Want to replacement with good quality door that won't deteriorate. About 14 doors, overall about 10 different sizes.  

I've tried a couple of 'good' quality places (Homikitch etc). but most want around 2,500Baht per door. Seems a little expensive but maybe I'm out of touch. Plus needs proper measurement and made to different sizes. 

Any suggestions of local tradesmen who does this tye of work much appreciated, thanks. 

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I've tried a couple of 'good' quality places (Homikitch etc). but most want around 2,500Baht per door. Seems a little expensive but maybe I'm out of touch.

You are completely out of touch and probably don’t understand the logistics.

if you are buying pre made fixed size kitchen cabinets, like IKEA, you will get the whole unit for that kind of price, but this is only because they are pumping out hundreds in a day, so due to economies of scale they are as cheap as can be, they are not very bad quality but they are plastic wrapped chipboard.

But for custom size custom style custom material you are going bespoke. Also you are not going to the maker so they are doubling the makers price. 

I have the capability to make your doors and so am very well aware of the step’s involved, at ฿2,500 from the kind of place you describe you are getting lowest cost materials available. Pay that directly to the craftsman and it’s getting better but it’s still cheap.

custom cabinets (or just doors) are going to cost 5 to 10 times the prices of bulk prefab units.

it’s like wanting Rolls Royce quality for the price of a Yugo