Non o retirement visa accidentally got cancelled

Hi everyone. 

I fell ill and returned to the UK to try and get some help. 

I did have a non o retirement visa, but I totally forgot about getting a re entry stamp.

I was actually only in the UK for 3 days, because social services and the NHS refused to help me.

Upon my return, I was only given a 28 day voa. 

I immediately went to my visa agent, who told me that I need to apply again for a new non o retirement visa, so I paid them to do that.

Today they told me jomtien immigration have refused the non o retirement visa, and will only give me a 90 day extension. 

I don't really know or understand the next steps, so I am asking for advice. 

From what I understand, I  can get 2 more 90 day voa extensions, but what happens after that?

As I understand it, I would have to leave Thailand for 3 months, before returning on another voa?

And rinse and repeat for the rest of my life?

I will add that when I returned from the very short and expensive and frustrating and fruitless few days in the UK, I did not have the 800,000 baht in the bank. 

The visa agent did do the usual thing, deposited 800,000 baht and withdrew it the same day, which had worked in the past, but it seems that jomtien immigration have tightened up, and not allowing that visa agent bypass to work anymore. 

What I don't is if a visa bounce still works, for example, 3 extensions, followed by a 1 day border run, and rinse and repeat?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, because the stress is almost too much for me to deal with in my current state of health. 

Thanks 

• Confused 6
  • Haha 1

I agree with the above post, 90 day extension sounds fishy, so probably incorrect. Check passport carefully, post on here photo if you can 

Agents usually get 90 day non imm O + 1 year extension so 15 months, it's not clear why that didn't work.

Op is you putting 800k in the bank possible?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terry2905 said:

Today they told me jomtien immigration have refused the non o retirement visa, and will only give me a 90 day extension. 

Post pic of your stamp that agent obtained.

Thinking it was a Non O based on retirement.

Ask agent why they could not obtain the 12 month extension (it's not a visa) 

Which agent did you use.

Jomtien currently requiring 2 months seasoning for the Non O.

I realize you used an agent but the 2 months indicates Jomtien currently throwing a hissy.

Suggest that you consult with a reputable agent such as Maneerat Soi 13/2 for advice. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Ginkas said:

The rules on NHS cover for people returning from abroad changed some years ago.

If you've been living abroad for more than a certain amount of time you are no longer entitled to free NHS treatment.

In fact, they will charge you 150% of their costs!

To become eligible again you have to prove that you are now resident in the UK -Council tax, utility bills, etc.,

this can take up to 6 months.

They will, however, always treat an emergency without question, it's just any follow up treatment that may be charged.

Good info.  Thanks.  Just out of curiosity, does anyone tuned in here know the exact amount of time abroad before you're vulnerable?

4 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

And while OFF TOPIC: just to give a pointer to people

Here's how you can tell AGENT gotten Non-O and year extension stamps from SOME offices

Look at the dates on the stamps the Non-O, the year extension and the re-entry permit were issued ALL in one day. Oct 6, 2022

There is no way for a "normal" person to walk in and get that done..

You have to apply for the Non-O, WAIT the under review period, go back get it inked in WAIT until you have so many days left on your stamp, go back and apply for the extension. The dates will be spread out over a period of a couple months..

Now don't think these aren't real stamps by real officers at real offices, because they are.

All I'm doing is pointing out how you can tell agent gotten stamps, and if I can spot them imagine how good immigration officers are at it ???? ???? ????

same day stamps.jpg

Excellent Tod, nice to see someone with good experience and imput on the forum!????????????

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

I think you're confused about the process.

There is no such thing as a 90-day extension.

I think if you look carefully at your stamp you will see what your agent got you was a 90-day non-o Visa based on retirement.

And you will have to wait and then apply again for the year extension.

Most agents in Pattaya do what's called a 3 + 12, meaning they get you the initial 90 day non-o Visa, and then they get you the year extension after that. Giving you a total of 15 months.

So talk to whatever agent you used and look carefully at the stamp you have in your passport because I believe you do have a 90-day non-o Visa and will be able to get the year retirement extension after this runs down some

seems about right!

8 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

I think you're confused about the process.

There is no such thing as a 90-day extension.

I think if you look carefully at your stamp you will see what your agent got you was a 90-day non-o Visa based on retirement.

And you will have to wait and then apply again for the year extension.

Most agents in Pattaya do what's called a 3 + 12, meaning they get you the initial 90 day non-o Visa, and then they get you the year extension after that. Giving you a total of 15 months.

So talk to whatever agent you used and look carefully at the stamp you have in your passport because I believe you do have a 90-day non-o Visa and will be able to get the year retirement extension after this runs down some

Agree...????

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Good info.  Thanks.  Just out of curiosity, does anyone tuned in here know the exact amount of time abroad before you're vulnerable?

There is no minimum/ maximum time abroad(once you move abroad and are no longer resident you lose your right to free NHS treatment getting it back is quite simple see below 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-nhs-when-you-return-to-live-in-the-uk#:~:text=Complete a GMS1 form to,are eligible for free healthcare.

for what it is worth if you are still registered with your gp you would be covered unless you tell them you live abroad, i hear some people use a relatives house to still show an address in UK(they get themselves on the council tax bill, but as you know the GP where you are registered must be in the area where your 'new address' is

5 minutes ago, howerde said:

There is no minimum/ maximum time abroad(once you move abroad and are no longer resident you lose your right to free NHS treatment getting it back is quite simple see below 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-nhs-when-you-return-to-live-in-the-uk#:~:text=Complete a GMS1 form to,are eligible for free healthcare.

for what it is worth if you are still registered with your gp you would be covered unless you tell them you live abroad, i hear some people use a relatives house to still show an address in UK(they get themselves on the council tax bill, but as you know the GP where you are registered must be in the area where your 'new address' is

He probably didn’t own property in the U.K. so couldn’t provide the required documentation.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Terry2905 said:

What Dr Jack 54 has said may be true, and my agent will get me a 90 day extension, followed later with a non o retirement visa stamp for 1 year. I hope

You are confused.

There is a pathway from visa exempt entry to Non O (retirement). It's a visa that provides a 90 day permission of stay stamp (it's not an extension) 

In the last 30 days of that permit you apply for a 12 month extension (it's not a retirement visa stamp).

It's unclear if you are using agent to bypass the financial requirements or just an organizer and you actually do have the required funds in bank account. 

These threads explain the process that you are currently doing 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1282251-visa-exempt-to-non-o-retirement-dates/ 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1301615-converting-visa-on-arrival-to-non-o-retirement-based-in-nan-province/

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

I think what it is also, the fact that the agents can't get both stamps at the same time.

They get the 90-day Visa first and then a couple weeks later or a month later they get the year extension.

Most of those agencies hold passports for a month to 6 weeks to do the complete cycle of the 3 + 12..

that's not how it usually works, usually you get the passport back with 15 months in it