Non o retirement visa accidentally got cancelled

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Stop posting rubbish.

There is NO such thing as 90 day extension.

There is also NO such thing as VOA for UK citizens.

There is a visa exempt entry that provides 30 day stamp.

In that period you can obtain a Non O visa which provides a 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days you can obtain a 12 month extension.

It's NOT a visa.

Geez 

How I wish I had my passport in hand, to refute your misinformation. 

I was given a 28 day voa when I returned. NOT 30 days, so get your facts straight! That may have been because I arrived via Hong Kong, but the stamp in my passport was definitely a 28 day voa, and not visa exempt!

In your words, geez!

The system is very clear. Yes, arrive from the UK, get a visa exempt stamp for 30 days, then apply for a 90 day extension from the original date of entry, followed by a 1 year application for a non o visa based on retirement. 

You really need to swat up on your misleading information!

The immigration officer at Bangkok Airport was adamant that she could only give me a 28 day voa. If I had not acted quickly, I would have been charged with a 2 day overstay on my voa.

I am stating the facts. 

Yes I arrived on a British passport but I was not given a visa exempt stamp in my passport. 

In fact, according to the Thailand immigration website, a voa is only valid for 15 days!

I can't understand or explain why I was given a maximum 28 day voa, but that is what the immigration officer gave me. NOT 30 days visa exempt. 

Look, I am only sharing my known information. 

I arrived in Thailand, via Hong Kong, on a British passport, and was given a 28 day voa.

That can be extended for 90 days, from the date of arrival. NOT 90 days after expiry of the voa.

Of course "seasoning" of 800,000 baht in a thai bank account is needed before an application for a non o visa based on retirement can be applied for. 

You seem to be spreading misinformation. 

I am however telling the truth. 

I am talking rubbish. 

I am sharing this information, so that other people know the actual facts.

Yes, there is actually no such thing as a retirement visa. It is an extension, based on 90 days after your original arrival date. Hence  the 1st "extension for a non o "visa" is 15 months.

How many times have people have to say this to you before you understand!

If you read all the replies to my post, many replies have been the same.

90 day extension from date of entry, followed by a 1 year extension based on retirement. Giving an initial permission to stay for 15 months. 

I don't know where you are getting your wrong information from, but you are wrong in everything you say.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

OP you state you got a 28 day VOA (which doesn't exist). You do know the 30 day visa exempt includes the arrival and departure day so 28 days if you don't count those arrival/departure days? 

Why don't you post what day you arrived and date of stamp. I'm sure that will be 30 days when you count properly

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Terry2905 said:

I was given a 28 day voa when I returned. NOT 30 days, so get your facts straight! That may have been because I arrived via Hong Kong, but the stamp in my passport was definitely a 28 day voa, and not visa exempt!

In your words, geez!

The system is very clear. Yes, arrive from the UK, get a visa exempt stamp for 30 days, then apply for a 90 day extension from the original date of entry, followed by a 1 year application for a non o visa based on retirement. 

You really need to swat up on your misleading information!

The immigration officer at Bangkok Airport was adamant that she could only give me a 28 day voa. If I had not acted quickly, I would have been charged with a 2 day overstay on my voa.

I am stating the facts. 

Yes I arrived on a British passport but I was not given a visa exempt stamp in my passport. 

In fact, according to the Thailand immigration website, a voa is only valid for 15 days!

I can't understand or explain why I was given a maximum 28 day voa, but that is what the immigration officer gave me. NOT 30 days visa exempt. 

Look, I am only sharing my known information. 

I arrived in Thailand, via Hong Kong, on a British passport, and was given a 28 day voa.

That can be extended for 90 days, from the date of arrival. NOT 90 days after expiry of the voa.

Of course "seasoning" of 800,000 baht in a thai bank account is needed before an application for a non o visa based on retirement can be applied for. 

You seem to be spreading misinformation. 

I am however telling the truth. 

I am talking rubbish. 

I am sharing this information, so that other people know the actual facts.

Yes, there is actually no such thing as a retirement visa. It is an extension, based on 90 days after your original arrival date. Hence  the 1st "extension for a non o "visa" is 15 months.

How many times have people have to say this to you before you understand!

If you read all the replies to my post, many replies have been the same.

90 day extension from date of entry, followed by a 1 year extension based on retirement. Giving an initial permission to stay for 15 months. 

I don't know where you are getting your wrong information from, but you are wrong in everything you say.

Your funny..

Read post just above yours from @Pattaya57 

That post is correct.

Suggest when you know nothing about immigration rules learn from some that do.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Terry2905 said:

It can't be far away as it is the property of the British government and it is your responsibility to take care of it.

Just get hold of it, take a picture of entry stamp, post it on here, and all will become clear.

26 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

No doubt that's what you believe you'll have. In reality you'll have a 30 day visa exempt stamp, followed by a 90 day non-imm O visa, followed by a 12 month extension stamp

I was actually only given a 28 day visa on entry stamp in my UK passport. Why only 28 days, I have no idea, but that was the visa that I was given, a visa on entry, and not visa exempt. 

Yes you are partially correct, but I was not given a visa exempt stamp. 

Yes I can then get a 90 day extension on application for a non o stamp, and then get a 1 year extension, based on retirement. 

Of course all based on the initial entry date.

So, to get an extension for permission to stay, you 1st have to apply for a 90 day extension from date of arrival. Then apply for a further 1 year extension based on retirement, giving the 1st "retirement visa", 15 months from arrival date. Then extend the original visa every year for 12 months. Of course with 800,000 baht locked away in a thai bank for the rest of your life. 

I wonder what actually happens to that 800,000 baht when you die?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terry2905 said:

Of course I know the procedure. 

Seasoning of at least 800,000 baht in a thai bank for at least 3 months (90 days), and then get a yearly extension

To apply for 12 month extension from a non O retirement the 800k baht needs to be in bank account for 2 months. Not 3.

However keep posting incorrect info. 

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your funny..

Read post just above yours from @Pattaya57 

That post is correct.

Suggest when you know nothing about immigration rules learn from some that do.

OK

I read that post. So even though a visa exempt is 30 days, it is actually 28 days from date of entry. He made that clear. But he added that day of arrival and departure would be 30 days 

Yes I agree that the seasoning is now only 2 months, but it used to be 3 months. I apologise for the slight information.

However, I still want to put the record straight. 

No, I didn't have the 800,000 baht in my bank account, which was why I used an agent. I had to spend the all my savings to pay for a heart operation last year. The local Thai insurance company refused to pay, because I neglected to declare that I had a hemorrhoid removed at pattaya city hospital in 2017. They have now cancelled my health insurance. 

"You are funny" is not a remark that I take lightly!

So? You are an expert for all immigration related things. 

Then why not just give me some advice instead of abuse!

I am not a newcomer to Thailand. I have been coming here for more than 25 years, but the rules change almost on a daily basis, and it is hard to keep up with. 

If I remember correctly, the seasoning of the 800,000 baht used to be 6 months, which then got reduced to 3 months, but now I see that it is only 2 months?

But we still have to go back after 3 months to immigration after an extension, to show that we still have 800,000 baht in the bank. 

It is total nonsense. 

And I am not the fool you seem to take me for.

This all started with my concern about renewal of my cancelled non o extension. 

I have a lot to lose if I was forced to leave Thailand, because of the stupid immigration system. 

I could move to the Philippines and get a 1 time visa for life. None of the nonsense of 90 day report. But Still with about 100,000 baht tied up in a bank account there. Cambodia is also very relaxed about visas. 1 application, with an annual renewal through any travel agents. No bank deposit needed. 

I am going to ignore any further comments from you, unless you will be civil enough not to call me a fool or ignorant.

I am seeking advice, but you seem to be hell bent on criticism!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I have now closed this topic, something that the OP actually already suggested with the following comment in an earlier post:

I will add 1 final note. Not all of us that have chosen Thailand to retire to have 800,000 baht to lock away in the bank forever. I will be able to live in Thailand on only my UK oap, now also with some emergency savings, thanks to my Father who sadly passed away last year, and left me a small inheritance. 

I will close by saying a big thank you to those of you who gave me positive feedback.