Thai weather forecast: Heavy rain, storms, trouble brewing – stay vigilant

webfact

image.jpeg

The Thai Meteorological Department warned today there will be heavy rain and thunderstorms, affecting 60% to 80% of areas in Thailand. The public is urged to stay vigilant due to the potential dangers from heavy and accumulated rainfall that may lead to flash floods and forest run-off, particularly in hillside areas near waterways and low-lying areas.

In the northern region, 80% of the area will experience thunderstorms, with heavy to very heavy rain in some parts. Affected provinces include Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Uttaradit, Tak, Kamphaeng Phet, Sukhothai, Phichit, Phitsanulok, and Phetchabun. Temperature ranges from a low of 23 to 24 degrees Celsius to a high of 32 to 35 degrees Celsius.

Thunderstorms are expected across 80% of the northeastern region, with heavy to very heavy rain in Loei, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Mukdahan, Maha Sarakham, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, and Ubon Ratchathani. Temperatures will vary from 23 to 25 and 30 to 33 degrees Celsius.

by Nattapong Westwood

Image courtesy of Atilla Bingöl via Unsplash.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/meteorological-department-warns-of-heavy-rain-and-thunderstorms-across-thailand-vigilance-urged-due-to-potential-flash-floods-and-forest-run-off

-- The Thaiger 2023-09-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

These contant false alarm posts should really be for specific locations such as Pattaya 

Very much so...... dry as dust here, but the Mrs keeps telling me of heavy heavy rain back in the Korat village... she somehow thinks that's better.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Very much so...... dry as dust here, but the Mrs keeps telling me of heavy heavy rain back in the Korat village... she somehow thinks that's better.

It has been some of the constant heaviest I've seen for a while ...kuchinari parts flooded from the hills run off's.

3 or 4 days have had to take about 2" of water out of the pool each day....that's about 14 x 1.5 x .04 m.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

yeah my golf course outside Pattaya is getting very dry, grass yellow, ponds very low, need big rain soon