Thailand’s EV sector hopes for spark

webfact

1 minute ago, transam said:

????.................Yeh, riiiight.................????

Now why don't you admit it, it would be a pain in the ass, especially if a charger queue or an out-of-order sign.....:whistling:............????

I tell you what would be a pain in the ass, if I met you whilst charging and I had to talk to you for the whole 20-30 minutes, it will take to charge my car.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

I tell you what would be a pain in the ass, if I met you whilst charging and I had to talk to you for the whole 20-30 minutes, it will take to charge my car.

????............But that will never happen, I would be on my way after a 2-minute benzine top up.....:intheclub:

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

EV’s are anything but slow, you only need a charger when you are driving distance is more than half your car’s full range. 

Yes, these cars may be fast and have a power but for short distance. As i remeber you have the car with 50KW battary, it is about 300KM with 80km/h speed, so on the motorway with 120-130 km/h it become 150-200 km. Bangkok Pattaya ~ 110 km, so round trip ~220, what about traffic jams and etc.. Not comfortable.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

No, it’s about 420km at 90 Km/Hr, I don’t know at 120-130Km/Hr I don’t cruise that fast.

EV’s perform much better than ICE cars in traffic jams, no engine running wasting fuel.

I hired a Honda Hybrid in 2008, at every stop the engine turned off.....????

Good option for LOS where charge points maybe problematic, eh........????

On 9/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, JBChiangRai said:

EV’s are anything but slow, you only need a charger when you are driving distance is more than half your car’s full range. 

Heaven forbid heavy traffic, an accident or other unforeseen incidents on your way home..... hopefully you have a neutral so you can push it into the drive.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Heaven forbid heavy traffic, an accident or other unforeseen incidents on your way home..... hopefully you have a neutral so you can push it into the drive.

Heavy traffic is no issue, no motor running except the electric compressor for air con and electric power steering/brake pump.

I am not sure why an accident would be any different than in an ICE car, yes EV's do have a neutral, they even have a heated rear windscreen to keep your hands warm whist you're pushing it, just like ICE vehicles.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Heavy traffic is no issue, no motor running except the electric compressor for air con and electric power steering/brake pump.

I am not sure why an accident would be any different than in an ICE car, yes EV's do have a neutral, they even have a heated rear windscreen to keep your hands warm whist you're pushing it, just like ICE vehicles.

Like explaining relativity to the cat!

• Thumbs Up 1