A stark reminder of Thai "hospitality"

mike111

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

You know, it's easy to notice, if you're an observant person, that you like to  dis foreigners. If you're a foreigner and not a local in drag, that doesn't look good to the rest of us. We have enough  US and Brit bashers here already. If you do it to troll, that's childish, arguing just for the sake of. But it's consistent, so at least you have that.

You bash Thailand daily. Go home.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Stop whining. Go home.

It isn't whining. Just telling it how it is here. And why would it bother you? Easier just to go to another topic you can make negative comments on. I will be going home, as will many others who figure out this isn't home for them also.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Have many, most of which can't be done here. And what do others do here to stay busy? I know a lot of foreigners, and most of them go to bars almost daily. That isn't my thing. Temple visiting ended the first year, when you've seen many, especially the bigger ones, you've seen them all. Only one I'd like to see is Angkor Wat in Cambodia, someday before I leave here. If the beaches were closer, I'd be fishing there, but since I'm in Isaan, there isn't much to do here. Seeing the Hill Tribes around Chiang Mai are on the list before I leave, but that's just one more thing. Watching the rice grow isn't too inspiring, so what more is there here? Most Isaan cities all look the same. Same villages, same shops, same food.

You REALLY screwed up, didn't you?

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Maya Angelou

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You bash foreigners daily, Go away.Saying Thailand isn't for me isn't bashing. Just hasn't been a good fit. Not alone in this thinking either.

Start packing your bags. Stop boring everyone. You wasted 5 years already.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Again, he assumes what others do here. For all we know, you could be another one who purchases women and doesn't look at them as anything but an object. Easy to judge with no conscience. You might stay in the house all day and never travel. I don't assume to know you other than your snide comments that are usually against farangs. Nothing positive ever to say.

41 cities 12 months. 

• Haha 1

Really!? You bought a pack of plastic bags. Did you get your 84 bath back?

The moral of the story, is not at all what you wrote. Here you have the real moral of the story:

I made a mistake so I have to make a big deal out of almost nothing just to feel that I have some power over people in the country I am a guest in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

41 cities 12 months. 

Good for you. And they all look alike and have the same things. I did ask what others do, and traveling isn't a bad choice, but when everything is the same all around Isaan, there's not much to do besides what you already have done.

• Confused 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Good for you. And they all look alike and have the same things. I did ask what others do, and traveling isn't a bad choice, but when everything is the same all around Isaan, there's not much to do besides what you already have done.

Phattalung looks nothing like Sisaket. Loei looks nothing like Mukdahan. CM looks nothing like Phuket. Bangkok looks nothing like Ban Krut.

22 hours ago, mike111 said:

Why is this considered "bothering" the shop staff is beyond comprehension.

Because you couldn't grasp the working of the cash register. You just should have taking the money and pay for your goods. 

I think you enjoyed great Thai hospitality as the people behind you kept quite during these antics. I don't think I could do the same.

Not ever coming back is a great decision, staff and customers will be very happy with that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

Phattalung looks nothing like Sisaket. Loei looks nothing like Mukdahan. CM looks nothing like Phuket. Bangkok looks nothing like Ban Krut.

I've been to those cities and more.Phuket on my honeymoon, looked okay if you loked towards the ocean, but trashy when you turned around. Bangkok looks like a bigger NYC with smaller buildings and worse traffic and drivers. Went to Mukdahan when I used to cross the river for my visa. Looks just like all other cities, including Sisaket, where I've been many times, and Roi Et. The beaches are pretty and one thing I like, because I fish, and love all saltwater fishing. I'm talking about cities and villages in Isaan anyway, which are all alike. I did say I would like to see Chiang Mai before I leave, meaning the old town and hill tribes. I have nothing against Thailand. I just said it's boring in Isaan, and every farang I know here says the same thing, and all go to bars almost daily to converse with other farangs.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Best relationship years are over. Sex and relatiinships is for under 65.

Speak for yourself. I've been weight lifting since age 17, kept lean all those years, and sex is always there. Relationships are for those that look at women as partners. Indiscriminate sex is for those that don't.

• Sad 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Speak for yourself. I've been weight lifting since age 17, kept lean all those years, and sex is always there. Relationships are for those that look at women as partners. Indiscriminate sex is for those that don't.

Your relationships failed. Your ex wife got a free house. You are bored in Isaan. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Me too! (67 years old)

For some reason I thought you were much younger than me.

11 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I've been to those cities and more.Phuket on my honeymoon, looked okay if you loked towards the ocean, but trashy when you turned around. Bangkok looks like a bigger NYC with smaller buildings and worse traffic and drivers. Went to Mukdahan when I used to cross the river for my visa. Looks just like all other cities, including Sisaket, where I've been many times, and Roi Et. The beaches are pretty and one thing I like, because I fish, and love all saltwater fishing. I'm talking about cities and villages in Isaan anyway, which are all alike. I did say I would like to see Chiang Mai before I leave, meaning the old town and hill tribes. I have nothing against Thailand. I just said it's boring in Isaan, and every farang I know here says the same thing, and all go to bars almost daily to converse with other farangs.

Chiang Mai isn't that different.

The western food availability (10 years back) used to be the big difference.

But now you can buy it all cheaper online and have it delivered anywhere in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

So am I.

If I had to change tomorrow I would do; age is only a barrier if you allow it to be.

There are few better places than Thailand for finding female company (if that is what you refer to)  -  at any age.

More health problems as you age. Sex is not exciting anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

just said it's boring in Isaan, and every farang I know here says the same thing, and all go to bars almost daily to converse with other farangs.

They cant speak much Thai and Isaan is mostly boring. Ubon, KK, Udon, NK, Loei are the best spots.