A stark reminder of Thai "hospitality"

mike111

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So your claim "There's a reason thousands of locals have moved out and never came back. And it's not only because of money." Is unsubstantiated. I think your claim is totally incorrect.

Fred has trouble distinguishing between belief and fact.  He has a tendency confuse  anecdote with authority and he is unshakeable in and discussion.

He can and will type nonsense for days without ever acknowledging counter arguments or requests for verification (and without paragraph breaks)

Save yoreslf the frustration now. Do not engage.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, n00dle said:

The entitlement is strong with this one. 

Ffs, You are not shopping at home pro or a major department store. You would fail in this errand in any convenience store around the world. It is not how 7 11 operates 

And then you have the gall to turn it into racism because someone reacted to your being an irritating pain in the ass willing to make a scene over some garbage bags.

Get over yourself and stop bothering people just trying to make a living. In fact just bugger off. And do us a favour by taking that halfwit fredwiggy with you.

I was counting the minutes until you had to come here and post one of your inane, assuming replies. This halfwit is probably more rehearsed in matters psychological than anyone you'll ever meet, and you are among the narcissists that just have to come in and make your mark, although it always is a stupid one. I've watched you for a long time, and all you do is try and argue with people, with no sense of logic, and always making things sound worse than they actually are. That's a narcissists way's. Thinking somehow they are superior when in fact they are inferior, even to their own thinking. The OP came here and posted an experience HE went through, and other's, some of whom are known brown nosers and plain trollers, just had to put in their opinions on how things went down, all the while knowing they weren't there. This HAS happened to me and others that live here, and there's nothing wrong with wanting a refund, or credit, for something you didn't need, especially a day later, to the same store, with a receipt. 7-11 has many stores, and many are franchises. All have their own rules. What works at one will not at another. Kids are hired at these stores, with many of them going through the motions, and some are kids raised by prejudiced parents, of which there are many here. The worker was going to make a refund, but then said it was too late. If you look at the policies of 7-11's, you have 30 days to bring something back. Again, this store might have been a franchise, and their rules might be different. We don't know, and anyone, like you, that assumes things about people, isn't too bright because you don't know anyone online unless you meet them, and people like you would never meet a person in person and talk your <deleted> then, because cowards are always big talkers in forums.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

56 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Are you a serial "I want to speak to the manager" complainer ?

I find it really unpleasant when a customer behaves like that "Im going to speak to your manager, make a complaint, you're going to lose you job" "I'm videoing this" blah blah blah

Westerners should leave that kind of attitude back home and not bring it to Thailand 

Don't you think your assumption is the exact reason why nothing works here or things won't change for the better simply because ' don't complain'  attitude.

If no one complains,  how can anything get fixed?

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Fred has trouble distinguishing between belief and fact.  He has a tendency confuse  anecdote with authority and he is unshakeable in and discussion.

He can and will type nonsense for days without ever acknowledging counter arguments or requests for verification (and without paragraph breaks)

Save yoreslf the frustration now. Do not engage.

Fred only goes by facts , and some, like you, that aren't educated but have their own belief system, just have to come and make their own opinions. I'm sorry if you can't comprehend a long paragraph, but most adults that conquered high school can. YOU save yourself the trouble and stop making yourself out to be the fool. A lot of us here know you as well. I'm here to help. You're here to argue and assume you know people because they suggest things you can't understand or relate to. If I'm wrong, I always admit it. When you're wrong, you call people names. People who are obviously much more educated than you. You name sure fits.

• Sad 3

33 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Call the hospitals. they'll let you know how many died after the fact. I know of 5 that did after going to the hospital just in my girlfriend's tesaban, as she works for them.

No one is denying that people die in hospitals after road accidents. Jeez. 

Please share your evidence that only deaths at the scene are counted in the statistics. As someone else said this is an oft repeated myth that NOBODY has ever provided a single link for, nor shared a shred of evidence. It can’t be hard, surely? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes,  we suggest you do that before posting false information.

False.  It is 14,737 not 1437.

According to data revealed by ThaiRSC on Friday, road accidents claimed 14,737 lives and injured 924,799 in Thailand last year. Of them, 536 deaths and 7,885 injuries were foreigners.

ThaiRSC said that the average damage incurred.

Typo

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Don't you think your assumption is the exact reason why nothing works here or things won't change for the better simply because ' don't complain'  attitude.

If no one complains,  how can anything get fixed?

I go to Thailand because I like it the way it is , I don't go to Thailand to try and make it the same as my own Country

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

1. I do not have such a rich imagination. I wish I did.

2. I have no motivation to make up stories, at this point in my life. I have nothing to prove. LOL. Believe me, this technique of escalating it to a manager really works here, if you are not getting any help from an underling.

Can't think of any retail problems I've had since stopping buying Samsung products.

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

I bought a Mars bar yesterday but i didn’t eat it. I’m going to go and take it back now and demand they exchange it for some M&Ms. There’ll be Hell to pay if I shout at them in English to do it and they don’t understand what the hell I am on about. I might even come on here and complain about Thai hospitality!!

They will only behave that way because you are a felang and they wouldn't do it if you were Thai 

*sarcasm* 

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So your claim "There's a reason thousands of locals have moved out and never came back. And it's not only because of money." Is unsubstantiated. I think your claim is totally incorrect.

It isn't only because of money. From what I've been told, it's because there is a lot more things to do there. They didn't have to stay at the farm and work to the bone till death. They could open a restaurant that can make not only a living but do something they enjoyed. They had more freedom there than here. The variety of foods is much higher than here and more to the original tastes than restaurants here. Schools for their children are much better. Health care is better. Driving is safer. You can buy and own land there. This I already knew before these and others told me. Many people like Thailand, and it does have a lot of nice things, but living in other countries is a lot more rewarding.

9 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

No one is denying that people die in hospitals after road accidents. Jeez. 

Please share your evidence that only deaths at the scene are counted in the statistics. As someone else said this is an oft repeated myth that NOBODY has ever provided a single link for, nor shared a shred of evidence. It can’t be hard, surely? 

Ok, so I heard it many times watching news both here and on stations I receive from America. There isn't any evidence besides that either way. The only way to know for certain that the hospital deaths and at the scene deaths are counted together is to ask the stat makes themselves. End of discussion. The stats say 62. I've heard from 58 to 75 on many occasions in all the years. If you look at Wikipedia, the average is around 60 plus. That's a lot of deaths a day, and that's what I was saying.

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

For the love of god are you dull.

And you are confused, a person who, like a few here, assumes you know someone from a few typed words. It's easy to type a few words, making your own opinion, yet be always wrong. You're very good at that. Consistent at least.

• Sad 1

The problem is, it depends on where the Thai person learnt to speak English if they learn from their friends then that's the English they understand, not your English and yes many can speak some English but don't understand English hence the blank stare, then you have all the different English accents, my English accent is still quite strong so I have to tone it down if I'm speaking to a Thai or the staff at 7/11, but I can speak Thai anyway, 

Don't forget all the other foreigners like Germans/French/Italians/Russians all speaking their versions of English not easy for them, I remember sitting at a bar one night got these Russians trying to order cocktails and drinks and the girl was not understanding them, the guy remarked why don't they speak English, I chipped in and said they do speak English but you are speaking English with a Russian accent that's what they don't understand, ok tell me what you want and I will translate it for you, 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, n00dle said:

For the love of god are you dull. If you think I'm going to read that self involved pile of rhetorical vomit past you affirming yourself as "probably more rehearsed in matters psychological than anyone you'll ever meet," you truly are delusional.

Have a nice day Fred. 

Please. Don't read, don't comment, stay away. You have a reputation as a troller, someone who only argues for the sake of it. As I said, you don't know me, nor anyone else here, yet you assume you do. Not a mark of intelligence.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Great.

Now about those road death facts ?

Here's another, since I'm guessing you don't have a computer to easily google things. Says 56 a day, so you see, you get different things from different sources. The newscasters have said they aren't taking into account deaths after leaving the scene................https://tdri.or.th/en/2020/11/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis/

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

<snip>The newscasters have said they aren't taking into account deaths after leaving the scene................https://tdri.or.th/en/2020/11/road-accidents-biggest-health-crisis/

Nothing of the kind in the article.

I did my own stats some time ago and concluded that the after accident hospital deaths are included in the road death number. 

That was done when there was daily reporting on accidents , I think songkran some years ago.

10 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Hopefully not used......

well how do you think I found out it was too thin ...   I only used a couple of sheets, I've still got the plastic wrap it came in,   it's slightly stained but i'm sure they'll understand that can't be helped.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1