Simp Service

JimTripper

On 9/11/2023 at 2:49 AM, JimTripper said:

Another weird thing is they don’t seem to do it with Thais as much. They are just left alone to shop or order. Simp.

Farangs are not trustworthy.

Re the OP, if you don't like it remember it's not YOUR country. Different country, different culture. Live with it or live elsewhere.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Re the OP, if you don't like it remember it's not YOUR country. Different country, different culture. Live with it or live elsewhere.

Great point. Maybe the criminal element is different here or Thais have different cues for sketchy behavior. I don’t know much about it.

It could explain why staff are nosey, or watching things all the time around my condo complex as well. No real crime in my building at all, but leaving the lobby unstaffed and not watching every resident coming and going would be a crime. I think it’s done under a guise of “service”, but it’s really keeping tabs on people.

Edited by JimTripper

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

First off, calling farangs, which includes you, untrustworthy, is a stupid remark.Speak for yourself before you generalize  about the characters of others. Before I came here, as a matter of fact, I heard all Thais lie, which means untrustworthy. After i lived here awhile, I see it's another inane remark, as my girlfriend is one of the most honest people I've ever met, along with others here. yes, my ex, some of her family, and other locals lie for a living, but I still won't think all Thais lie unless they prove it otherwise. Others have said the same thing, so that increases the possibility.                                                                                    Foreigners can, and have, changed things here. Thais have been copying western values and things for decades, and will continue, because they see that some things western work better. This might be their country, but no one owns it. It's just a piece of land where some people were born. That includes some foreigners and  half foreigners, who, since they now live here, it's their country too. Just like when a Thai moves to America, it is then their country. Not of origin, but of living. Brown nosing doesn't help a foreigners character, nor is it helping them, because people aren't all fools.

Edited by fredwiggy

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can you not recognise sarcasm when you see it?

I find humourless people to be rather boring, and there are quite a few of those on here.

Saying something like that, were it's said in various forms daily, doesn't look like sarcasm, and you don't know if a person is humorless unless you spend time with them. This is an impersonal forum, where lies are told all the time, and people may not be what you think they are.

On 9/13/2023 at 12:07 PM, fredwiggy said:

Saying something like that, were it's said in various forms daily, doesn't look like sarcasm, and you don't know if a person is humorless unless you spend time with them. This is an impersonal forum, where lies are told all the time, and people may not be what you think they are.

As I made a blanket statement saying "farangs are untrustworthy" that is the clue for those that can see it, given if I believed it I'd be including myself as "untrustworthy".

Ergo, it's unlikely to be taken seriously other than by those looking to be offended.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As I made a blanket statement saying "farangs are untrustworthy" that is the clue for those that can see it, given if I believed it I'd be including myself as "untrustworthy".

Ergo, it's unlikely to be taken seriously other than by those looking to be offended.

Almost everyone is untrustworthy, especially the woman in your bed.

And Christians ......... never ever trust anyone with invisible friends ..... God told them to do it!

Edited by BritManToo