Did you appreciate living in the 70s, 80s and 90s?

thaibeachlovers

1 hour ago, Robin said:

If only I could do it all again, knowing what I know now.

One ambition ( dream ) I had then was to visit Thailand.   I had read abut it in some underground magazine.

Thailand has not disappointed.

Thailand was a happy accident for me. On my flights to Saudi I had a stop off on the way and normally stopped in Singapore, which I knew well, but wanting a change I stopped in Bkk and fell in love with Thailand instantly. The rest, as they say, is history.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Great times in Singapore indeed. Certainly my most enjoyable posting.

If you mean the gliding club at Kangaw, I used to see the gliders flying there from Dieppe Barracks. I was also quartered at Nee Soon with the famous Transit Road for all things desired.

I spent many a night in Bugis Street- certainly nothing like it anywhere else I have ever been.

Happy days, but all gone to history.

And I/we managed to do all that without any artificial stimulants.

I ate and enjoyed the food in the many macan stalls, at Fatty's in Albert Street, now Albert Plaza, Bobby's beef stew with chillies, pirate taxis.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 4:43 PM, xylophone said:

I forgot to mention that the "love of my life" in the 60s was playing football, and luckily enough I got paid for playing as did the rest of the team, even more if we won the match. I lived for football and would play on Saturday and in the mid-week floodlit league on Wednesday, and again on the Saturday and also played for a senior Sunday league side, as well as training midweek whenever possible, so I was very fit and just loved my football – – although it didn't stop me from partying occasionally, especially in the off-season!

This pic is of us lining up before the start of the Cup Final at Brighton's ground in 1968/9 in front of a crowd of around 9,000........plenty nervous!

image.jpeg

You are properly old… congratulations ???? Carry on ????