Reckless car drifting stunt in busy Chon Buri intersection sparks outrage

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There won't be a video of him drifting.

WRONG

https://carfromjapan.com/article/driving-tips/easy-techniques-to-perform-fwd-drifting/

Drifting is an art and most people think the feat requires a rear-wheel-drive car with a 1000+ hp engine and a hydraulic handbrake. Wrong. You can do FWD drifting too. It will take lots of practice, patience, and following proper safety rules.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

WRONG

https://carfromjapan.com/article/driving-tips/easy-techniques-to-perform-fwd-drifting/

Drifting is an art and most people think the feat requires a rear-wheel-drive car with a 1000+ hp engine and a hydraulic handbrake. Wrong. You can do FWD drifting too. It will take lots of practice, patience, and following proper safety rules.

Yes, you were wrong.  You should have read the article that you linked to before posting it.  Technically, yanking on the handbrake while turning the steering wheel of a FWD car produces a very brief "drift" but that is nothing more than momentary oversteer.   If proper drifting was possible in FWD cars professional drift drivers would use them...and they don't!

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, you were wrong.  You should have read the article that you linked to before posting it.  Technically, yanking on the handbrake while turning the steering wheel of a FWD car produces a very brief "drift" but that is nothing more than momentary oversteer.   If proper drifting was possible in FWD cars professional drift drivers would use them...and they don't!

Of course I read the article, and it says that drifting with a FWD car requires more skills, but it is still  DRIFTING.

Of course, I hadn't expected you to admit you are wrong, because hell will freeze over before that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A video of someone driving slowly in a circle!

Indeed....  as you mentioned this is an idiot making an utter nuisance of himself driving in circles at an intersection...  

... No drifting, no handbrake turns, no sliding....  

As usual, the reporting is totally inaccurate as it is in so many other reports we read.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I was not wrong.   There is no video of that car drifting.

Now you really show your pedant colours.

I never replied to a post that said there is no video of that car drifting. I replied to a post that said, there won't be a video of him drifting.

So I assume you were at the location, and know everyone else who was there, who could or could not have taken a video of him drifting with his FWD car.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:
7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I was not wrong.   There is no video of that car drifting.

Now you really show your pedant colours.

I never replied to a post that said there is no video of that car drifting.

Yes, you sure did!...

25 minutes ago, BenStark said:
40 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There won't be a video of him drifting.

WRONG

Q.E.D.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

To which you replied "WRONG" and, sure enough, there was no video of him drifting!

H Mr Pedant, firstly you should know that it is against forum rules to omit parts from a quoted post to change it's context.

Secondly, since I replied to a post of you that quotes, there won't be a video, I would have thought that you as Mr Know IT All, knew the difference between is, was and won't.

'Is' is used in the present tense, 'Wasn't' is used in the past tenses, 'be' is the base form of a verb, and 'won't is used to make the simple future.

Edited by BenStark
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

13 hours ago, novacova said:

In time? How many decades? Who gets used to imbeciles putting other peoples life at risk? Over the years, per capita I’ve seen way more farang stupidity on the roads then Thais by far, nearly every day. I can care less if someone wants to put their own life at risk without involving others. I think most of you are easily offended on the road and diaper rash ensues, now that is funny.

"You'll get used to it in time"...means if you are any sort of a decent driver you will modify your Western training to be far more defensive and vigilant..learning to back off and let them go. By now you should have realised Thai drivers are aggressive and selfish, and as a result you have to adjust your driving style so as to avoid a collision. Alternatively, record their antics and take it to the RTP Traffic Division and report them. ????

10 hours ago, BenStark said:
12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

To which you replied "WRONG" and, sure enough, there was no video of him drifting!

H Mr Pedant, firstly you should know that it is against forum rules to omit parts from a quoted post to change it's context.

I'm aware of that rule, that's why I didn't do it.  I quoted your one word sentence that directly addressed my comment as "Wrong", there was no other context to that one word response other than my comment was wrong.  It wasn't. 

• Sad 1