Is there a legitimate way to make a meaningful amount of money online that does not involve speaking?

3 minutes ago, acepredator said:

Sorry, but I don't know exactly what you mean by market trading. Trading in which market or markets? I've been invested in the stock market for the last 20 years, during which time I've made a lot of money, but not from trading. I have mutual funds my investment advisor put me in that I sell when I need money. I tried buying penny stocks on my own, but every one of them lost money, so I stopped doing that. If you mean day trading, from what I've read day traders always lose money in the long term. 

If you made lots why you poor now? Yes day traders mostly lose or give up due to stress

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Most ideas online are scams

As we've discussed on this thread, I think it's true that the online jobs that require money up front are scams. Many of the ones that don't require money up front seem to be legitimate, but they pay a ridiculously small amount of money.

Just now, acepredator said:

As we've discussed on this thread, I think it's true that the online jobs that require money up front are scams. Many of the ones that don't require money up front seem to be legitimate, but they pay a ridiculously small amount of money.

Easy jobs pay crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, acepredator said:

Sorry, but I don't know exactly what you mean by market trading. Trading in which market or markets? I've been invested in the stock market for the last 20 years, during which time I've made a lot of money, but not from trading. I have mutual funds my investment advisor put me in that I sell when I need money. I tried buying penny stocks on my own, but every one of them lost money, so I stopped doing that. If you mean day trading, from what I've read day traders always lose money in the long term. 

Yes, I meant stock market, or others of same; commodities, futures, currencies.  You're already in, so that's good.

Don't know who told you we lose money, as I retired early because of trading, and most made in pennies.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

If you made lots why you poor now? Yes day traders mostly lose or give up due to stress

I'm not poor now by any means. I didn't say that I was poor. It's just that my expenses have continued to increase while I have been retired so that I'm not bringing in any money other than what I make on the stock market, and it has been stagnant for a few years now. I'm only preparing for a future that will be more expensive than today.

• Like 1

I'm not poor now by any means. I didn't say that I was poor. It's just that my expenses have continued to increase while I have been retired so that I'm not bringing in any money other than what I make on the stock market, and it has been stagnant for a few years now. I'm only preparing for a future that will be more expensive than today.

Go get a job in the west.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan said:

Can and will be be detected but doesn't mean VPNs aren't allowed - well some merchants require you to turn off any VPNs. But, obviously it is possible to hide the VPN by using own setups.

A better solution is getting your own VPS or VPS root server. It's like having a PC in your destination country. I've used VPSs in Europe and USA. For example my current server is in Germany, the Internet speed is 2 Gbps and it costs about 11 Euro per month. You connect to it via Windows RDP. I use them for trading but you could run any business on them.

• Thanks 1

Go get a job in the west.

Thanks for the suggestion, but what job do you think I could get in the West at 66 years of age? Who would hire me and to do what? The last time I worked in the West was in 1994, which was 29 years ago. So I don't think looking for a job outside Thailand is really a viable option.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

A better solution is getting your own VPS or VPS root server. It's like having a PC in your destination country. I've used VPSs in Europe and USA. For example my current server is in Germany, the Internet speed is 2 Gbps and it costs about 11 Euro per month. You connect to it via Windows RDP. I use them for trading but you could run any business on them.

Very interesting. That's something I've never heard of. Thanks for the information. I'll look into it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, acepredator said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but what job do you think I could get in the West at 66 years of age? Who would hire me and to do what? The last time I worked in the West was in 1994, which was 29 years ago. So I don't think looking for a job outside Thailand is really a viable option.

I know an 80yo, a 77yo and a 75yo that work in west. They make $20 to $70 an hour.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

I know an 80yo, a 77yo and a 75yo that work in west. They make $20 to $70 an hour.

Very interesting, but in my case, I've been out of the job market in the West for 29 years, so I don't really see what job skills I could offer a potential employer who could find a much younger man to do the job instead of me.  

Very interesting, but in my case, I've been out of the job market in the West for 29 years, so I don't really see what job skills I could offer a potential employer who could find a much younger man to do the job instead of me.  

Uber?

Drive a bus

Handyman

• Thanks 1

Very interesting. That's something I've never heard of. Thanks for the information. I'll look into it.

Once you've set it up, your PC is basically in the country where your VPS server is located. You're accessing your virtual PC remotely from Thailand. I've been using them from Thailand for 5 years. Provided you find a good company, your Internet speeds will be much faster too. If you need to find the best service for Europe, PM me. There is another option that is even better, but much more expensive - a dedicated server. Most companies provide both options.

• Thanks 1

Uber?

Drive a bus

Handyman

Thanks again for the suggestions, but I haven't owned or driven a car since I left the West 29 years ago, and I've never driven a bus. Bus companies don't hire inexperienced 66 year olds. I have zero handyman skills, and certainly wouldn't try to acquire any now.

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for the suggestions, but I haven't owned or driven a car since I left the West 29 years ago, and I've never driven a bus. Bus companies don't hire inexperienced 66 year olds. I have zero handyman skills, and certainly wouldn't try to acquire any now.

Oh well give up then. Bus companies hire lots of older guys, 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Once you've set it up, your PC is basically in the country where your VPS server is located. You're accessing your virtual PC remotely from Thailand. I've been using them from Thailand for 5 years. Provided you find a good company, your Internet speeds will be much faster too. If you need to find the best service for Europe, PM me. There is another option that is even better, but much more expensive - a dedicated server. Most companies provide both options.

Thanks again. I would need the service to America, and not the expensive one. It's not that critical an issue for me, but if I could improve on my VPN, I'd be interested in checking it out.

I don't have any ideas for YouTube videos that people would watch. Also, I don't have anyone who could speak for me. The only people I know are Thais. Thanks for the suggestion.

I cant see any options in Thailand apart from trading which is high risk and stressful.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, acepredator said:

Thanks again. I would need the service to America, and not the expensive one. It's not that critical an issue for me, but if I could improve on my VPN, I'd be interested in checking it out.

It's a huge improvement on VPNs, which are detectable anyway. You're not disguising your location, you are accessing your own virtual PC from inside the destination country. There are a huge number of providers for people requiring VPSs in the USA.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It's a huge improvement on VPNs, which are detectable anyway. You're not disguising your location, you are accessing your own virtual PC from inside the destination country. There are a huge number of providers for people requiring VPSs in the USA.

Thanks. I'm definitely interested and will look into it right away.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

I cant see any options in Thailand apart from trading which is high risk and stressful.

Yes. Trading is high risk and stressful, which is why I wouldn't consider doing it. If there are no viable options, then I will continue doing what I've been doing. I'm only exploring the possibilities.

14 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

You could try Appen. They offer menial online tasks. If you're looking for an extra 20,000 THB per month to supplement your pension, then it could be worth looking at. I have never worked with them myself, so I can't give you any info on them, but they have been around a long time.

https://appen.com/join-our-crowd-2/#part_time

Thanks for the information. I checked the website, and it looks very interesting. I'll start investing time in it starting tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OP, why does it have to be an online job ? Why not just buy/setup a bisiness, plenty of guys own laundries, small restaurant, coffee shop, rent scooters etc. You dont need to work in the bisiness, and it provides an income.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Yes, that's what I meant with "own setups". But an even better solution is to use a LTE/4G VPN as datacenter IPs are also detected as datacenter IPs.

• Thanks 1