Small fridge w/o freezer brand name?

LikeItHot

32 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

I'm building a curing chamber. I need a small (not mini) fridge without the built in freezer/ice make section.  I know they have them but can't find one.  If you know of one by brand name and/or model number please advise.  TYIA

I got a tall freezerless one off Facebook Marketplace, to use as a Wine Cooler/ storage. Bht 2500 delivered. Polytron????

Old, but works OK. Holds 60 bottles at 12C.

Edited by KannikaP

What liter capacity and temperature ranges do you need?

First item that comes to mind are the soda & beer fridges that every small restaurant typically has sitting against a wall.  Just a big rectangle if you take the racks out.

If you don't care how it looks, you can place closed-cell foam sheets over the glass to better insulate it.

81Nd9+oIr2L._AC_SX679_.jpg

2 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

First item that comes to mind are the soda & beer fridges that every small restaurant typically has sitting against a wall.  Just a big rectangle if you take the racks out.

If you don't care how it looks, you can place closed-cell foam sheets over the glass to better insulate it.

He wants one with a freezer compartment but the OP still hasn't bothered to answer what capacity he wants, even though we tried to help him.  ????????

• Confused 4

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

He wants one with a freezer compartment but the OP still hasn't bothered to answer what capacity he wants, even though we tried to help him.  ????????

He wants a small fridge without the freezer compartment .....  he just wants a refridgerator with no freezer up top

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Small.  Not mini.  It's pretty clear.  Sorry I didn't respond instantaneously.  I'll avoid sleep from now on.

19 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Yeah these and wine coolers are not the best solution but it's been done before.  Once a humidifier is put in it really gets small inside.  I need something like this photo but no freezer defroster box

Screenshot_2023-09-15-11-32-44-366_com.lazada.android-edit.jpg

Between 6 and 16 degrees Celsius, with a humidity of anywhere between 70 to 85 percent is controlled by humidifier and dehumidifiers are controlled by sensors mounted outside the fridge.  Temperature is also override and controlled externally. Some examples below. The top two are perfect size and have no freezer as you can see.  It eliminates the need to cut out sections with a saws all making a mess of it.

Screenshot_2023-09-15-11-52-35-054_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-15-11-52-03-314_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-15-11-50-21-721_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg

Edited by LikeItHot

On 9/15/2023 at 12:09 PM, NanLaew said:

Try harder?

There are loads of them on the market and on lazada.

Bro do you have those links? I wanna get this project done. You are so much better at the interwebs than me since you found tons of options.  Can you just share them?  Do you still think I'm not trying hard enough?  I tried really hard.  O. I'll keep checking in for those links you have.

Have you checked out the possibility to make a chamber yourself? Tons of sulutions out there with small hacks can help you alot. 

Im going to make myself a wine chamber and curing chamber, and have looked around in youtube for possible solutions thats fits my purposes. 

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Have you checked out the possibility to make a chamber yourself? Tons of sulutions out there with small hacks can help you alot. 

Im going to make myself a wine chamber and curing chamber, and have looked around in youtube for possible solutions thats fits my purposes. 

I am building a chamber myself.  That's the whole point of my inquiry. But why would I build a box with aircon and insulation and sealed doors when they already exist in the form of a small fridge? I can just drill a few holes in a fridge, add a humidifier and de humidifier a few sensors and exterior temp/moisture controls.  Not trying to reinvent the wheel.  My only issue is finding a fridge that is not too large and doesn't sacrifice square footage to a built in freezer.  I know they exist in Thailand.  Yet they are seemingly rare.  The worst part is no matter where I ask everyone keeps pointing to regular freezer fridge combos as if their hearing and reading ability somehow can't follow this simple concept despite showing photos of examples.  I have a Thai friends scouring the internet too and every seller keeps insisting they have what I want then offer nothing but freezer fridge combos. Wine and beverage coolers are either too big or too small.  I know what I want and need and I know it exists.  The only issue is finding it.  It's really quite amazing in a world that now revolves almost completely around written information suddenly no one can read.

13 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

I am building a chamber myself.  That's the whole point of my inquiry. But why would I build a box with aircon and insulation and sealed doors when they already exist in the form of a small fridge? I can just drill a few holes in a fridge, add a humidifier and de humidifier a few sensors and exterior temp/moisture controls.  Not trying to reinvent the wheel.  My only issue is finding a fridge that is not too large and doesn't sacrifice square footage to a built in freezer.  I know they exist in Thailand.  Yet they are seemingly rare.  The worst part is no matter where I ask everyone keeps pointing to regular freezer fridge combos as if their hearing and reading ability somehow can't follow this simple concept despite showing photos of examples.  I have a Thai friends scouring the internet too and every seller keeps insisting they have what I want then offer nothing but freezer fridge combos. Wine and beverage coolers are either too big or too small.  I know what I want and need and I know it exists.  The only issue is finding it.  It's really quite amazing in a world that now revolves almost completely around written information suddenly no one can read.

Im not sure who is the problem here when the solution already is available but not to be found ????

I know it is annoying when somebody wants to help, but really do not help. Good luck .

Still not sure why I sometimes get bold text after hit enter for shift. 

Edited by Hummin

• 2 weeks later...

Alpicol on Lazada. Have mine for three years now running all the time and no issue.  Also great for camping or Lotus trips.  Set your own temp.  It can be a fridge or a freezer.  Uses about 260 watts a day when set to -6.  Not bad. Run off 12v or 220v.

https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/alpicool/?spm=a2o4m.order_list.search.d_go.5b0f61085AZ3cE&q=alpicool&catalog_redirect_tag=true