Leaky faucet

Captain Monday

A basic cheap basin facet leaks out the sides on my worktop when running. I would prefer to buy a new one without attempting to fix any seals or internals. Around  15 years old 

Before yanking it to bring for comparison to the Home Pro brain trust (who will inevitably respond “Mai Mee” like a chorus in Greek Tragedy) I want to ask here. Any idea what size/type I should be looking for here. The base looks like about 5 cm total not sure how big the hole in the top is. 

IMG_2513.jpeg

Edited by Captain Monday

I would measure (with a caliper) and make some pictures from top and also bottom and then go shopping.

I just discovered with my new kitchen sink from FRANKE that a faucet from KOHLER does not fit as planned. The diameters matched but the usual way to mount it was not possible. I found a way to do it. But I was happy I did a test assembly just on the sink before I installed the sink in the cabinet.

It seems there are some standards but don't be surprised if you get some surprise. 

• Like 1

It will have a few "O" rings inside that need changing, problem is, getting "O" rings that fit & seal.

I ended up going to Mr. DIY, they had a tap with a wide base for less than 200bht, works great, so much so, changed the one on the other side of the kitchen....????