Thai PM to discuss visa-free travel, boost Indian tourism in Thailand

webfact

Let's see how it goes.

I am wondering how Thailand will look like in 5 years with the massive influx of tourists coming from China and India which are absolutely massive markets.

I also start to be optimistic some Western countries might get a 90 days visa exemption in the same package.

31 minutes ago, El Matador said:

Let's see how it goes.

I am wondering how Thailand will look like in 5 years with the massive influx of tourists coming from China and India which are absolutely massive markets.

I also start to be optimistic some Western countries might get a 90 days visa exemption in the same package.

Love it or hate it but Get used to it 

They are going to be everywhere.

Tourists from these 2 countries are massive market for any country’s tourism industry 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slightly off-topic, by the way, as it is nearly October already, I am sadly assuming that there won't be the extension of the 30-day visa exempt period this high season. As I am sure most of you know, last high season, this was extended to 45 days. From the start of October to the end of March, I think.

22 hours ago, ChipButty said:

That's all we need more cheap charlies, 

Cheap Charlies are the only thing keeping Thailand afloat at the moment..

why such emphasis on daily numbers, tourism spend etc etc.

the millionaire traveler is not interested in a plastic seat on a road-side vendor selling 40 baht rubbish. 

They want thousands of back packers here for a week or two, then go to make way for more.

Boasting about millions of tourists sounds better than half that number spending 10x as much.

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Cheap Charlies are the only thing keeping Thailand afloat at the moment..

why such emphasis on daily numbers, tourism spend etc etc.

the millionaire traveler is not interested in a plastic seat on a road-side vendor selling 40 baht rubbish. 

They want thousands of back packers here for a week or two, then go to make way for more.

Boasting about millions of tourists sounds better than half that number spending 10x as much.

going by some of the rents being charged down here Im not so sure about that

Well, well, what do you know!  

"Boost Indian tourism in Thailand" should read "boost Indian tourism in Thailand in general". 

Thailand's tourism industry was second to none 35 years ago, when "Amazing Thailand" was coined. Thailand lived up to its promise, tourists came, enjoyed, paid and left. On the way out they took their newly-discovered love for Thai food along which put Thai cuisine firmly on the map of the planet. 

Today, the tourism is a disaster of many-tier-pricing, English is on the way out, people became as unfriendly as their greed increased; it is rip-off and taking visitors for a ride on the Thai tourism-merry-go-round. Prices went up proportionally to the service going down and today the industry has to move around many more tourists for less money in the bank. 

The answer is not free visas for Kazakhstan (although I am happy for all those Kazakhstani who were waiting in the wings for this privilege). Increase the present visa-free duration from 30 - 45 days, offload 90% of your bureaucracy with TM1 to TM100, allow tourists to open bank accounts (as in the past, when it was no problem) as they do not want to roam the land with tons of cash, get all those ghost services lurching around airports and tourist sites away, clean up your act and start (again) to provide "service with a smile". 

Do NEVER EVER forget, that the tourist has the choice and Thailand has to adjust to that as well; it is not that the tourist adjusts to Thailand for a temporary stay of a few weeks. 

11 hours ago, JemJem said:

Slightly off-topic, by the way, as it is nearly October already, I am sadly assuming that there won't be the extension of the 30-day visa exempt period this high season. As I am sure most of you know, last high season, this was extended to 45 days. From the start of October to the end of March, I think.

It would be a boost to tourism if this could be implemented again!