How much alcohol is too much?

EVENKEEL

On 9/20/2023 at 3:29 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Is it OK to drink moderately everyday and what does moderately mean?

According to science it means 1 unit per day for women and 2 units per day for men – some times calculated as 7 and 14 units per week – one unit can be a glass of 12.5cl wine og a .33 bottle of beer.

Science finds little daily alcohol healthy for elder people, i.e., folks that have passed the age of 40. If younger, you should not drink alcohol daily.

Yeah, I'd say three to four small beers a day, with an occasional blow-out, is moderate drinking. If you never get in trouble because of your drinking you're not an alcoholic. If you're an alcoholic, eventually you'll know it. One symptom is blacking out -- continuing to drink and interact with people, but not remembering it the next day. In my case, in thirty years of drinking I never remembered going home. Sometimes worse.

Seen some good advice in this thread. For me, the thing that convinced me I was an alcoholic (besides health problems) was a test from Alcoholics Anonymous. It takes a lot of self-discipline. For ninety days, depending on how much you normally drink, every day drink two of your favorite drinks. No more, but no less, either. If you don't feel like a drink, you have to force yourself to drink two. If you can do that for ninety days, you're not an alcoholic. If at some point you drink more, you are. I was able to see, without trying it, that nobody could possibly pass that test. Of course, I was wrong.

15 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

You should learn what racism means and chill

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

You referred to ALL Native Americans as Tonto. I fictional Native American character on a TV show. I would love to see you walk up to any adult Native American male and call him Tonto just I could see your butt get kicked in a major way. But of course, you wouldn't do that as you're a scared little wimp who thinks he's funny making classless remarks hiding on a msg board. 

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

You referred to ALL Native Americans as Tonto. I fictional Native American character on a TV show. I would love to see you walk up to any adult Native American male and call him Tonto just I could see your butt get kicked in a major way. But of course, you wouldn't do that as you're a scared little wimp who thinks he's funny making classless remarks hiding on a msg board. 

Sorry for your anger issues