Sofar On-Grid Inverter firmware updates. Any luck?

MJCM

11 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

should take this to Sofar before attempting any more firmware changes.

I think in the last week since (Tuesday) we had about a dozen emails back and forth. I am not making any changes. Only in the Settings (on the inverter) turning on or off Anti-Reflux. That is it.

Question please

I have ordered a new CT online. Now I want to run a separate Cable (because the current CT cable is underground in HDPE) to the Inverter.

The distance is approx 20-25m. The current cable (for CT) (That is in the HDPE) is 2 x 1.5mm²

Would 2x0.5mm² x 20-25m be good enough to test the NEW CT or should I go 2x1mm² ?

Of course will also test with the current cable but I want to exclude that the (current) cable is the problem or maybe it's the connection.

Edited by MJCM
Changed some wording

40 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Would 2x0.5mm² x 20-25m be good enough to test the NEW CT or should I go 2x1mm² ?

I'd go for 2x1.0mm² because the voltage from the CT is quite low and the cable is long, even a few mV of drop will give the inverter a flawed export result.

• Thanks 1

Update:

Tested the (new) CT with the new 2x1mm² cable today and same results as with the original CT.

So still have ghost export, seem to think it's normal ????

Ps: Confirmed that it's still exporting by looking at the meter, and it's still going back ever so slowly.

Reflux Enabled and Power set to 0.0kW

• Like 1

We (not really us) have solved the Ghost Export.

Someone (who I have to thank again for his brilliant idea) has send me a PM.

His PM was so simple that it was brilliant.

In it said

do you have a small, constant, daytime load you can move to being outside the CT location? That would place a constant incoming load that would swamp any small export.

We have such a location as we have a GRID CU and a separate House/Solar CU.

The CT is connected to the cable that connects to the House/Solar CU.

Everything that is connected to the Grid CU will directly draw from the GRID. Now we also placed a Power socket in to the box that houses the GRID CU, so for example to connect a Welding machine and it will then draw from the GRID and not from Solar.

After reading that PM, I connected 1 Fan to that socket, on Speed #1 the meter was still going backwards, on #2 also, and also on Speed setting #3 although again ever SO slowly. We then connected another Fan to it, and after we set it to Speed #2 the meter finally went FORWARD.

So now when we go away we will have 2 fans running (I will put them on a timer so they start running at 6:15am and stop at around 6pm.) so the meter reader doesn't see the meter going backwards so Suc6 ????

Now I am looking for a Device (approx 100W max) that does something for example an ice-maker, but the problem with an ice-maker would be that it needs attention, water empty ice cubes full etc etc and it will stop producing (using electric).

Any ideas??

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Love It 1