EVs Might Not Cost A Butt Load Soon

placeholder

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

In metro area, imagine diesel banned, and half of or more cars are EV, then what a pleasure breathing the air would be.  And avoid a lot of health issues diesel exhaust causes.   Not a big believer in MMCC myself, but local air pollution would be much improved.

I've long been saying that private vehicles should be banned in metro areas, provided decent public transport is available. I never had a car or m'bike while living in London, but they do have a decent public transport system. That would apply to EVs as well as private cars are a plague in a built up area, not a benefit.

The generation before mine grew up without cars till the post vWW2 era when they became mass produced and affordable, but times have changed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've long been saying that private vehicles should be banned in metro areas, provided decent public transport is available. I never had a car or m'bike while living in London, but they do have a decent public transport system. That would apply to EVs as well as private cars are a plague in a built up area, not a benefit.

The generation before mine grew up without cars till the post vWW2 era when they became mass produced and affordable, but times have changed.

Unfortunately, that will never be a reality.  Why when O&A, we don't even bother with the metro areas, as hate driving in congestion, and public trans is lacking.   Even Krung Thep is annoying to get around during rush hour on public trans.   If not for daughter living there, we would avoid going there at all.

On 9/25/2023 at 1:29 PM, KhunLA said:

Unfortunately, that will never be a reality.  Why when O&A, we don't even bother with the metro areas, as hate driving in congestion, and public trans is lacking.   Even Krung Thep is annoying to get around during rush hour on public trans.   If not for daughter living there, we would avoid going there at all.

I hate going to the nearby city, given the traffic chaos, but unfortunately sometimes I do have to go there. I try to do so in off peak times, but seems that peak times are extending to all day sometimes.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hate going to the nearby city, given the traffic chaos, but unfortunately sometimes I do have to go there. I try to do so in off peak times, but seems that peak times are extending to all day sometimes.

I've always been on off hours person.  Only had 1 job that I actually used public trans to/from the city (Philly, USA), and was a bit eye opening.

Longest job with airlines, 13+ years, had shift start times at 0600, 1430, 2200 hrs.  When working 1st shift, done, home, showered & out the door, on the train to Philly for 'happy hours' when everyone that got off early, were going in the other direction.  

If not meeting up, then catch the train home well after rush hour.  Schedule like that could turn you into an alky, as I did a pub crawl on a weekly basis ????  Free food & half price beers on Wed/Thurs/Fridays.

Actually miss that, as some of my best times knocking around the city.

The one bar in Nana Plaza use to have a 2 for 1 happy hour, which I popped in to more than few times, while GF at the time went shopping mid afternoon.

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I've always been on off hours person.  Only had 1 job that I actually used public trans to/from the city (Philly, USA), and was a bit eye opening.

Longest job with airlines, 13+ years, had shift start times at 0600, 1430, 2200 hrs.  When working 1st shift, done, home, showered & out the door, on the train to Philly for 'happy hours' when everyone that got off early, were going in the other direction.  

If not meeting up, then catch the train home well after rush hour.  Schedule like that could turn you into an alky, as I did a pub crawl on a weekly basis ????  Free food & half price beers on Wed/Thurs/Fridays.

Actually miss that, as some of my best times knocking around the city.

The one bar in Nana Plaza use to have a 2 for 1 happy hour, which I popped in to more than few times, while GF at the time went shopping mid afternoon.

Nursing was good for off hours start/ stop times. When doing 8 hour days if I remember correctly it was 7am to 3 pm or 3 pm to 11 pm.  Nights were 11 pm to 7 am. meal times were not counted as work hours.

• Thumbs Up 1