Gordon Ramsay’s group set to open 14 restaurants in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Aaaaaaah, that explains it, Joes Cafe and no tooth brush.........????

I definitely have a tooth brush, this is why my teeth are only slightly yellow ????.

The main problems are crookedness and gaps. Facts are, British dental care is unavailable to many people. As with many things in the UK, it is a postcode lottery.

4 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I definitely have a tooth brush, this is why my teeth are only slightly yellow ????.

The main problems are crookedness and gaps. Facts are, British dental care is unavailable to many people. As with many things in the UK, it is a postcode lottery.

You can go to a dentist and pay for it, why should the taxpayer pay to sort your teeth out......:huh:

Dentist are everywhere in the UK, Google will help you find the nearest one for you.............????

But, you may have to dip into your beer money pot......????

Edited by transam

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Talking about people's intelligence, :huh:, it seems you have spent a life worrying over the cost of going out to dinner, so didn't go, instead Mrs. MG had to put up with your creations as a surprise.............:saai:.................................????

I can accept you buying a cheap MG, but slagging off more expensive dining venues is a bit "rich"...????

You apparently missed a few posts of mind.  As my dining out budget in the USA, would surpass most peoples annual income.

I don't mind springing for quality food, in nice restaurant, with good ambiance.  I just don't find them here/TH.  Or any to our liking, so we cook at home, and better than most restaurants that I've dined in here/TH.

Think and assume what you want, but as usual, you are again, mistaken.

Nice try though, HAVE A NICE DAY, EVENING.

Edited by KhunLA

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

You apparently missed a few posts of mind.  As my dining out budget in the USA, would surpass most peoples annual income.

I don't mind springing for quality food, in nice restaurant, with good ambiance.  I just don't find them here/TH.  Or any to our liking, so we cook at home, and better than most restaurants that I've dined in here/TH.

Oh, so now you do/did go to expensive "cafe's", yet you trashed Gordon Ramsay's venues without setting foot in one, talk about change your tune...:violin:

17 minutes ago, transam said:

You can go to a dentist and pay for it, why should the taxpayer pay to sort your teeth out......:huh:

Dentist are everywhere in the UK, Google will help you find the nearest one for you.............????

But, you may have to dip into your beer money pot......????

Erm... your post is both rude and ill informed. You clearly didn't read the story on the BBC posted here which shows the sorry, sad state of British dental care. Are the BBC lying? National insurance payments cover what exactly? Health and dental care. National Insurance is a whopping 12%... so why should I pay more, when I have paid more than enough over the years.

Do you really think everyone can afford a few hundred pounds to remove a tooth or get a check up? Single mothers (like mine) definitely couldn't. Now that I have money, I don't care about the state of my teeth, yet i was so self conscious when I was young. I would try to hide my smile, rather than show off my ugly mug!

Edited by Brickleberry

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

Erm... your post is both rude and ill informed. You clearly didn't read the story on the BBC posted here which shows the sorry, sad state of British dental care. Are the BBC lying? National insurance payments cover what exactly? Health and dental care. National Insurance is a whopping 12%... so why should I pay more, when I have paid more than enough over the years.

Do you really think everyone can afford a few hundred pounds to remove a tooth or get a check up? Single mothers (like mine) definitely couldn't. Now that I have money, I don't care about the state of my teeth, yet i was so self conscious when I was young. I would try to hide my smile, rather than show off my ugly mug!

You posted the NHS, I am not interested in the BBC, not many are nowadays.

I think you are overreacting, dental care has been done private for years, though the checkup may still be free.

Do folk on benefits, like single mums get their teeth sorted, perhaps they do, let me/us know.

What you are saying is the NHS is cr@p because you have to pay to sort your teeth out, oh dear, oh dear....????

And guess what, here in LOS us old 'uns have to pay for our teeth to be fixed too.........????...................????

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Hahaha.... yet you drive an MG !!!... Mr Big-shot 'dining budget' !!!   Love it !!!... 

Thats because you live in the ar$e end of no where !!!.... 

....  There are so many excellent restaurants in Bangkok... only those with a bigoted chip on their shoulder can't find excellence in Thailand when it comes to restaurants. 

Have you been to any of the restaurants I mentioned earlier ???

El Mercado, Cocotte, Kai, Helena, The Smokin Pug etc (to many a very small sample of very good 'international' restaurants in Bangkok...  

You too :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

You posted the NHS, I am not interested in the BBC, not many are nowadays.

I think you are overreacting, dental care has been done private for years, though the checkup may still be free.

Do folk on benefits, like single mums get their teeth sorted, perhaps they do, let me/us know.

What you are saying is the NHS is cr@p because you have to pay to sort your teeth out, oh dear, oh dear....????

And guess what, here in LOS us old 'uns have to pay for our teeth to be fixed too.........????...................????

It's like I'm talking to a wall - you only consider your own view and ignore other people's life experience.

My mother worked two jobs, and struggled after our father died. We did not live off of benefits.

Would you not be annoyed that 12% of your money is deducted each time you get paid for health and dental care, only for you to be told that all of that money you have paid was for nothing? Personally, I was never able to register as an NHS patient. I had to register privately. As I say, it's all a postcode lottery. Some have wonderful services, but there is a large part of the population (1 in 5) who are unable to. 

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

It's like I'm talking to a wall - you only consider your own view and ignore other people's life experience.

My mother worked two jobs, and struggled after our father died. We did not live off of benefits.

Would you not be annoyed that 12% of your money is deducted each time you get paid for health and dental care, only for you to be told that all of that money you have paid was for nothing? Personally, I was never able to register as an NHS patient. I had to register privately. As I say, it's all a postcode lottery. Some have wonderful services, but there is a large part of the population (1 in 5) who are unable to. 

Not interested in your tear jerk stuff, I came from a poor background too.

We all paid National Insurance, which is paying for many things, including your pension.

If you have teeth problems that need attention in a hospital, and you cannot afford private, then get your name on the NHS list to get them fixed for free, wait your turn.

I got my eyes fixed in a main London Hospital, I was sent there by my local hospital, who could not do the job, done for free..????

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

Do you not keep up to date with the news? Stereotypes exist for a reason....

Agreed... usually historical reasons.... 

I don't disagree with you comments on the state of the NHS though.

The British public have terrible teeth because it is impossible for them to find an NHS dentist. People are literally driving for hundreds of miles to try and find one, others are having to pull out their own teeth - as can be read about in this BBC story in July of this year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-66167563

Agreed...  horrific... but thats not where the 'stereotype' has come from...  the stereotype existed decades ago.

British food is notoriously bad. Just look at all of the top dishes that are recommended; sausage & mash, shepherds pie, roast dinner. All of these dishes are the same; meat, potato + veg.  The most popular takeaway food is all foreign. Italian, Indian, Korean, Thai, etc.

They're not the same, but if you think they are, then you're probably the sort of person that thinks Japanese food is all Sushi and Italian food is all pasta.

Fish & Chips ???...    or will you tell me this hugely popular dish is really from New Zealand ???

Every time we visit the UK we have to have Fish & Chips... (Wife and Son insist)... 

We also have to have some incredible fresh sausages, British cheeses, Pheasant in the Winter... 

I have to have some of the amazing beers on offer (but I'm in danger of digressing more than you have about teeth !!)... 

I guess you just don't like potatoes....  "its just meat, veg, potatoes"....  when you dumb it down like that... what is Thai food ?.. "its just meat, veg, rice" !!!... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, so now you do/did go to expensive "cafe's", yet you trashed Gordon Ramsay's venues without setting foot in one, talk about change your tune...:violin:

Why would I go to an overpriced celerity restaurant.  Eaten at Smokin' Joe's (not a chef) numerous times, but actually knew him, and not overpriced, and a 1st class personality.  A great man, and shame we don't have more like him.

Haven't been to an expensive restaurant since I've been in TH.   Was one nice one in Udon Thani, far from expensive, though many didn't go there and complained it was.  Shame it, and another closed.

Edited by KhunLA

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Hahaha.... yet you drive an MG !!!... Mr Big-shot 'dining budget' !!!   Love it !!!... 

....  There are so many excellent restaurants in Bangkok... only those with a bigoted chip on their shoulder can't find excellence in Thailand when it comes to restaurants. 

El Mercado, Cocotte, Kai, Helena, The Smokin Pug etc (to many a very small sample of very good 'international' restaurants in Bangkok...  

What the hell does a car have to do with dining out.  I prioritize, and a car is low on the list.

Those restaurants don't ring a bell.  

• Haha 1

Why would I go to an overpriced celebrity restaurant.  Eaten at Smokin' Joe's (not a chef) numerous times, but actually knew him, and not overpriced, and a 1st class personality.  A great man, and shame we don't have more like him.

Are you saying nobody does go to celebrity cafes...?

Strange, there are thousands out there worldwide.........:whistling:

But, no, you just don't like spending a few quid on an up market venue, those with a few quid do.

Anyway, I heard MG's aren't allowed in the car park, lowers the tone of the place....????.....................................????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

Anyway, I heard MG's aren't allowed in the car park, lowers the tone of the place....????.....................................????

I'm sure your Celerio will be well received at valet parking ... ????

• Haha 1

I'm sure your Celerio will be well received at valet parking ... ????

Nooooo, I would turn up in a Merc, one has to use one's loaf with the "in" crowd........????

Sadly, you know nothing about that kind of thing, Mrs. MG told me.....:saai:

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

What the hell does a car have to do with dining out.  I prioritize, and a car is low on the list.

You 'money' dropped and stated your dining budget in the US would surpass most peoples annual income...   Cracking hubris while driving a sh!!ty car....

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Those restaurants don't ring a bell.  

Of course they wouldn't... because you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking !!!....  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think you & I have different ideas of fine dining ...

... tell me that's not a plastic chair ... ????

None of those are close to expensive, not have any ambiance, although, some food selection sure do look tasty.

image.png.40ba05051d29ec816b57fc8bd43b9dd2.png

image.png.f0df6f5eb9052daa8266d21f38e84b8b.png

image.png.f0171d0540c5ab4180c362733e47b66d.png

image.png.8a39655fa8218903392556c044778805.png

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Nooooo, I would turn up in a Merc, one has to use one's loaf with the "in" crowd........????

Sadly, you know nothing about that kind of thing, Mrs. MG told me.....:saai:

Didn't know you truck was made by MB... ????

1 hour ago, transam said:

All cr@p, us British do not get teeth done on the NHS, unless something that needs a hospital, we have to pay for it. 

I think you read too much gossip.  :saai:

Where do you come from...?

British teeth are no better or worse than anywhere really, but we don't do cosmetic dentistry generally - we get stuff fixed when it needs to be. However Americans tend to go for super white, straight, Hollywood teeth and we don't so anything more normal gets categorised as "bad teeth".  I used to get metal fillings as a kid - not white fillings.

Also we started putting flouride in our domestic water supply decades after the US and I think a lot of the stigma comes from those years when our teeth probably were significantly worse. But not these days.

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

British teeth are no better or worse than anywhere really, but we don't do cosmetic dentistry generally - we get stuff fixed when it needs to be. However Americans tend to go for super white, straight, Hollywood teeth and we don't so anything more normal gets categorised as "bad teeth".  I used to get metal fillings as a kid - not white fillings.

Also we started putting flouride in our domestic water supply decades after the US and I think a lot of the stigma comes from those years when our teeth probably were significantly worse. But not these days.

At my old age, I still have my own teeth, less a couple, and many have metal fillings that were done 50 years back.

Though the mercury in them has made a difference to my gray cells, as many have been noticed on here.............:crazy:.............:guitar:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Basing your dining experience on notoriety doesn’t always fit the bill. You can get many delicious foods all over the spectrum from inexpensive to very expensive.  …

I Wouldn’t go to a fancy restaurant to order a $30-60 hamburger… 

When it’s basically to stuff in my face… …

You can get a SGD 55 hamburger (with foie gras) at DB Bistro in Singapore. The original one in NY was definitely worth a try.

6 minutes ago, placnx said:

You can get a SGD 55 hamburger (with foie gras) at DB Bistro in Singapore. The original one in NY was definitely worth a try.

Being a carnivore, even I think that's animal abuse to the max.  Surpasses veal.

• Confused 1