Gordon Ramsay’s group set to open 14 restaurants in Thailand

webfact

54 minutes ago, Bim Smith said:

He got outcooked by the Thai chef in Thailand. Hope he stays clear of Thai cuisine as he hasn't got a clue

:cheesy: No he didn't. He went up against one of Thailand's top chefs who turned up with 5 chef helpers and his dad as one of the judges. Ramsey was alone and he still managed a draw.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2023 at 2:03 PM, Brickleberry said:

Nah, I'm British and I can tell you... we are famous around the world for having bland, sh!tty food.

After traveling the world and experiencing many different cuisines, British food is by far the most boring. Meat, potatoes, veg. Every. Damn. Meal.

He is just trolling with his Brit apologist for everything oversensitivity. He is quite happy to throw the boot in to the Thais, including for their food.

Now he expects us to pretend British food is tasty. If it was any good the world would have british restaurants everywhere. 

It doesnt.

And whiney Gordon will fail here. 100%

What a complete tool.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Goat said:

He is just trolling with his Brit apologist for everything oversensitivity. He is quite happy to throw the boot in to the Thais, including for their food.

Now he expects us to pretend British food is tasty. If it was any good the world would have british restaurants everywhere. 

It doesnt.

What a complete tool.

Good morning Goaty, your fellow Aussie chums have missed your input on Brit stuff...

Talking about tools..................:whistling:

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Well you do have Australian Michelin Star chefs, which work abroad...:whistling:

I would have thought they had some clout in what restaurants in Australia are of Michelin grade and doesn't allow your tomato sauce on their premises, even for the likes of you.......????

I think the difference is Australians can admit our food isnt the best, world famous or desirable to people from other countries. We can accept the reality.

But their is a high % of Brits like yourself and Dick that just cant accept the reality that British food is world renowned for being terrible. You get your knickers in a knot and jump to the report button.

In dreamworld if you think any of these 14 restaurants will still be open in 3 years.

Talk about frail egos. Gawd.

Cooking is a womens job anyway. Gordon does speak with a lispe. I thought he was gay for many years before finding out he has children.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, Goat said:

I think the difference is Australians can admit our food isnt the best, world famous or desirable to people from other countries. We can accept the reality.

But their is a high % of Brits like yourself and Dick that just cant accept the reality that British food is world renowned for being terrible. You get your knickers in a knot and jump to the report button.

In dreamworld if you think any of these 14 restaurants will still be open in 3 years.

Talk about frail egos. Gawd.

Cooking is a womens job anyway. Gordon does speak with a lispe. I thought he was gay for many years before finding out he has children.

You think everyone is gay, is it what you look out for. ?.............????

As for your Brit food comment, once again, you can stand down now...????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He went to a Thai cooking school for a day, he's not a trained Thai chef, so where is this losing face you mentioned?

Most Thais are not trained chefs either.

But their food tastes better than the angry clown.

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your comment was lazy and misleading, as if you cooked your steak in salt, butter and cream....

Now the Brits are telling Aussies about steaks?

Stick to your macaroni and cheese.

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Goat said:

It doesnt.

What a complete tool.

Oh. The irony.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, transam said:

We now have a couple of anti-Brit Aussie baiters on board, but it can be fun burying them....????

We said we dont like english food, and most people in the world agree with us. But in your mind you think we are anti British for saying it.

On this thread you said you dont like Thai food. Are you Thai bashing? or just telling the truth.

The reality is people from other countries think it is terrible, but Brits get overly defensive about it as proven by this link I have kindly provided for you.

https://vocal.media/feast/how-beige-and-bland-is-british-cuisine

Evryone saying it is terrible, but the Brit arguing. 

And arguing and dummy spitting are obvious characteristics of Gordon.

Typical.

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 12:04 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Seems though it, and many others (Outback Steakhouse and International House of Pancakes among them), fell victim to the COVID related loss of tourism income and drop in dining out

Jamie's restaurant had been racking up reasonable and consistent losses since their inception in 2016.

For sure, COVID made the decision easier to wind it up but I understand it was badly struggling even prior to this.

Jamie's operated under a licensing/franchising type arrangement (perhaps similar to hotels) and he provided some Management & other staff here in Thailand, as I met some of them. The business was actually owned by Siam Piwat Group.

I assume Gordy will be looking at a similar arrangement, at least, he will be if he has any sense !

Edited by realfunster
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Goat said:

We said we dont like english food, and most people in the world agree with us. But in your mind you think we are anti British for saying it.

On this thread you said you dont like Thai food. Are you Thai bashing? or just telling the truth.

The reality is people from other countries think it is terrible, but Brits get overly defensive about it as proven by this link I have kindly provided for you.

https://vocal.media/feast/how-beige-and-bland-is-british-cuisine

Evryone saying it is terrible, but the Brit arguing. 

And arguing and dummy spitting are obvious characteristics of Gordon.

Typical.

No, you are a 100% anti-Brit baiter, every Brit thread and near all your own topics are the same.

Your problem is you think readers are daft and can't see through your baiting stuff.

You are wrong, but you don't care, you have been here before, eh.....:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

No, you are a 100% anti-Brit baiter, every Brit thread and near all your own topics are the same.

Your problem is you think readers are daft and can't see through your baiting stuff.

You are wrong, but you don't care, you have been here before, eh.....:whistling:

If it really makes you feel better i will say it.

British food is the most delicious cuisine in the world. Those Brits really know how to cook. The frozen chip sandwich with supermarket white bread is my all time favorite food. Nutritious as well.

Happy now Petal?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Goat said:

If it really makes you feel better i will say it.

British food is the most delicious cuisine in the world. Those Brits really know how to cook. The frozen chip sandwich with supermarket white bread is my all time favorite food. Nutritious as well.

Happy now Petal?

Well no, it just shows what Brit food you have tried to comment. But at least we all know where you are coming from, eh Tulip......????

1 hour ago, Bim Smith said:

I saw that one. But did you see this 

Yes saw that, an opinion piece by a Thai chef whereas the video I posted was judged blindly by 3 Thai food experts, oh and Ramsey made his own sauce rather than the prepared ones that the Thai chef and his 5 assistant entourage brought

13 hours ago, Goat said:

It doesnt.

No....   you are trolling with your anti-brit comments as you do on nearly every thread at every possible opportunity. Just like another poster known for such anti-brit comments, you can't help but let your negative bias get the better of you, the combination of your outright bigotry and boresome idiocy suck the oxygen right out of a thread with a toxicity only someone as nasty as you could muster...   I'm quite certain that in reality you'd be a awful person to be around.

If you made such negative comments about any other nation with such frequency you'd be labelled a toxic troll about those nations too....  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goat said:
On 9/24/2023 at 5:23 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Your comment was lazy and misleading, as if you cooked your steak in salt, butter and cream....

Now the Brits are telling Aussies about steaks?

Stick to your macaroni and cheese.

Aberdeen Angus....     

What did you lot to ??... thieve some Wagyu jizz from Japan ...    sounds about right..  

Now.. if only the culture-less, crass, bigoted, philistines would get back to there VB and Witchetyy Grubs....