METV Visa question about Intended Date of Departure

Hi, i will apply for the METV Visa soon. What Date should i enter here @  Intended Date of Departure ?

Plan is to go from ocotober to mid February but i will leave thailand after 60 days.

I enter now the real date of my return ticket or when i leave after 60 days ?

thanks

bye

Whilst I had applied for SETV rather than multiple (on a 5 month trip) I put on the application form 59 days and only had a one way ticket as well uploaded to them

That wasnt queried at all

Put the real date of eventual departure but I suspect its of no consequence

From what others were saying the online application form covers all types of visa and some questions left me scratching my head at one point as to appearing irrelevant

Edited by Chivas

Some people who didn't show onward travel in 60 days and then returning to thailand shortly after that were denied an METV and issued just a single entry tourist visa (which means in the US losing 160 USD ???? the difference between a single and multi entry tourist visa 200/40) It even says you have to show a "genuine reason" to get the METV. I'd book a ticket out in 60 days and then back in a few days later to show WHY you need METV
image.png.53a49510a725f013183ccc79cd516d57.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chris KL said:

Hi, i will apply for the METV Visa soon. What Date should i enter here @  Intended Date of Departure ?

The date of departure cannot be more than the time allowed on entry from the date of arrival for the visa in question. eg tourist visa would be 60 days and Non O - 90 days.

Going to immigration for an extension should be viewed as a departure.

On 9/23/2023 at 2:37 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Depends on Embassy/Consulate I guess but I'm on a SETV in Thailand now and I just made up dates on my application. Put 26 August for departure and 24 October return (60 days).

Once I got my SETV I booked the actual flights which was 29 Aug and 24 Nov (90 days)

That`s interesting - I thought you had to provide proof of ticket purchase when applying for the Visa , that was always a drawback for me , having to buy the ticket before being certain of getting the visa .