Cannabis Network Gives Health Minister A Warning

webfact

12 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

This is of course incorrect.

Cannabis Flower, regardless of THC content, was removed from the Narcotics Lists as of 9 June 2022.

Not true, cannabis under 0.2% THC was removed from the narcotic list, all imported cannabis wasn't and recreational use still remains illegal.  I have already published the ministry's press release listing the conditions referred to in the current narcotic list below. Cannabis over 0.2% is Category 5 on the Narcotics list.

image.png.f5e2811495208a2fce0724e39dcaf827.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, stoner said:

what local knowledge would that be ? very curious to hear all the ancient secrets of cannabis thailand is holding onto. 

yea i think the cat is out of the bag lol

cannabis may have come from Asia, but the West mastered it.

the main problem i've seen here is a straight up refusal to look for knowledge outside the border. they could have easily put a tax system in place like Colorado and made billions in taxes already.

high tax revenue makes legalization a no brainer.

#

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Incorrect. Your list is from 2021.

Cannabis is classified as a Controlled Herb, and as such all parts of the plant, including inflorescences (flower) are legal.

You're right, my list was from 2021, my mistake & I apologise for that.

However, as I said in other posts, the legal uses exclude recreational use & Anutin himself said  at the time of removing it from the Narcotic list that recreational use was illegal.

Currently, no check is made on what the grower or purchaser is going to do with it, I can see that changing.  The entire market is currently recreational use which was never what was intended.

The government's own press release said only 0.2% THC and below was legal, I've posted that infographic too.

The weed shops can only blame themselves for what might be coming.

My friend who has the huge growing operation has said he is now growing for stock as the market seems to have evaporated.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

The problem is recreational use.  Recreational use has never been legal.  They removed it as a narcotic providing THC content less than 0.2% and Anutin himself couldn't have been clearer at the time, as he said to CNN...

Thai Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said he expected legal cannabis production to boost the economy but cautioned that recreational use of the drug remains illegal.

“It’s a no,” said Anutin, who is also a deputy prime minister. “We still have regulations under the law that control the consumption, smoking or use of cannabis products in non-productive ways.”

Thailand just decriminalized cannabis. But you still can't smoke joints, minister says | CNN

The problem is growers and shops didn't listen and followed one another like lemmings.

Every shop sells cannabis bud which is usually >10% THC. I believe the .2% is confined to synthesized THC sold as edibles and oil. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roietfortress said:

yes lol

most US states tax cannabis at 25-35% in addition to sales tax.

#

In my state the total tax is 20%;  15% go to the state, 5% to the city/town where the sales occur. 

Saying it again, the Cannabis Control Board would consider additional taxes (over 7 % VAT), as the ACB/TCB do for alcohol and tobacco.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Of course they can pull the pin at any time they want.

If the cannabis is not specifically for medical use then the shops are selling illegal drugs openly.

You mean exactly like every reggae bar before the law was changed!? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, XJPSX said:

They can’t pull the pin on this now. 20% of BKK retail would be empty if this happened.

Some of the money retailers have invested on their Fitout’s to sell weed is indicative of the margin they make….even though there are so many of them.

Of course they can pull the pin at any time they want.

If the cannabis is not specifically for medical use then the shops are selling illegal drugs openly.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Billybaroo said:

Unfortunately, one needs quite a high THC level to shut out chronic pain due to illness or nerve conditions. At higher levels cannabis operates like alcohol. You feel happier, but are usually quite bombed. Very difficult to function at that point. 

A friend of mine had MS. He would constantly shake uncontrollably but after 1 or 2 puffs on a joint, he'd be relaxed and no longer shaking. He certainly wasn't at "stoned" level at that point.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pedro01 said:

There's a lot of drugs that can only be prescribed in a hospital - in other words, the local clinic can't prescribe them. Drugs like Tramadol are a good example - they used to be OTC here but then Thai kids started abusing the stuff mixing it with booze and so they brought in additional restrictions years ago.

I bought Tramadol at Boots last week.  Walk in, no prescription at all.  Just had to put my name on a list of people who purchased it.  Underneath several completely illegible signatures of others who had bought it.  I don't remember the nice lady asking to see if the name matched my passport...

I do have one script that can only be filled at a hospital, so your point is valid.  Just not the details, if my experience was any indicator.

• Like 1