Blockbuster movie scares Chinese tourists away from Thailand

webfact

Does this movie clear that that it's MOSTLY CHINESE GANGS that are doing the kidnapping and scamming? As if the CCP govt. who is still working with the military dictatorship in Myanmar and has heavily backed the Hun Sen regime in Cambodia -- the Chinese govt. still cannot crack down on their criminals? They go after Chinese dissidents abroad and set up secret Chinese police stations in the West.... but next door neighbours don't get any crackdowns?! 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

Easy. First time visitors are exempt. You come for the first time, you realize what a huge clown show LOS is, and you are smart and don't want your brain to shrink, you never come back. 

Granted, maybe you are smart, but you are also an unattractive sex addict. Then it's possible that your Libido wins out over your brain, and since you don't get laid much in farangland dueto a lack of sex appeal, the clownshow is your only option, and you are willing to put up with some shrinkage of the thinking organ in order to keep the other organ from shrinking  It's a question of priorities.

Interesting view. So where do smart people go on holiday again and again? The leader of the world, USA? Or maybe somewhere in Europe? Where do they go? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

Yes, myself included. My IQ probably dropped by 10 points during my time in LOS.It has slightly recovered since I left. 

Why did you let that happen to yourself? Isn’t educating one’s self a life long venture no matter what borders one is surrounded by?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Interesting view. So where do smart people go on holiday again and again? The leader of the world, USA? Or maybe somewhere in Europe? Where do they go? Asking for a friend.

Well. more and more countries are drifting towards a MAGA like, dumbed down version of fascism. Maybe smart people should start a colony on the moon or Mars. Or collective suicide of all smart people, and leave planet Earth to the Trumpian/Thaksinian/Boris Johnsonian morons .????????????????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, retarius said:

Can't Thailand sue the producers of this movie for defamation? No, thought not.

Theoretically they probably could, as well as bring criminal defamation charges. But the blowback from that might make things exponentially worse, and maybe they know that. Are the creators residing in Thailand such that they could be brought to court? Also, the movie was informed by investigators from established Thai news organizations like the Thaiger, would they want to go after them as well? But it wouldn't surprise me if someone announced some kind of legal action, even if it was just sabre rattling

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When will some people learn that fiction is not the same as reality?

And is it really bad for Thailand if some ignorant people don't visit? 

Chinese very superstitious, I don't know if Thai are more so than Chinese, I guess Chinese more than Thai, and more scarred of their own people, look at the conditions of lockdown they went through. 

10 hours ago, mithunonthenet said:

Does this movie clear that that it's MOSTLY CHINESE GANGS that are doing the kidnapping and scamming? As if the CCP govt. who is still working with the military dictatorship in Myanmar and has heavily backed the Hun Sen regime in Cambodia -- the Chinese govt. still cannot crack down on their criminals? They go after Chinese dissidents abroad and set up secret Chinese police stations in the West.... but next door neighbours don't get any crackdowns?! 

Myanmar militia repatriates 1,200 China nationals allegedly involved in online scams

The military junta is not in control of the whole country.

And in Cambodia, there are local businesspeople and politicians that are involved in the scam business.

Four Thai Citizens Arrested in Cambodia Over Links to Online Scam and Triple Murder

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So many people are simply unaware of the degree of heinous behavior on the part of the CCP.

Anus behavior I would say.  They are not to be trusted.  A real eye opener for me was reading Wild Swans (1991) where the author recounts Mao's many disastrous policies and how her family - her father in particular - was denigrated by the Party and sent away to rot, all for being incorruptible. The book is banned in China.  Speaks volumes.

Edited by Woke to Sounds of Horking
Clarity
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Well. more and more countries are drifting towards a MAGA like, dumbed down version of fascism. Maybe smart people should start a colony on the moon or Mars. Or collective suicide of all smart people, and leave planet Earth to the Trumpian/Thaksinian/Boris Johnsonian morons .????????????????

What a laugh.

Let me guess your broke, homosexual or both.

• Haha 2

I teach an average of 15 different Chinese business people every day who tell me that they hear Thailand is dangerous as people kidnap them and steal their organs. Also, drugs are legal, and they thing cannabis is dangerous due to being brainwashed by their government. 

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:32 AM, webfact said:

But thanks to social media rumours and a blockbuster movie, the kingdom’s image among many Chinese people is now one of dangerous illegality and seedy scam border compounds — leaving visitor numbers plummeting.

Give that movie an Academy Award

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PassportBro said:

What a laugh.

Let me guess your broke, homosexual or both.

5555 neither actually. Are you projecting?

How do you get from my semi tongue in cheek remarks to queerness and lack of funds? I hope it's not some Floridian Ron De Sanctimonious paranoid pseudo masculinity reasoning. 

On 9/22/2023 at 7:56 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

When will some people learn that fiction is not the same as reality?

And is it really bad for Thailand if some ignorant people don't visit? 

Probably close on the heels of the day that people learn that modern news stories are about getting clicks on the internet, not informing the readers.