E-visa - London

Rare for someone to leave positive comments and there's a reason for that - why should you when things simply happen as they should?

Check that they've spelt your name correctly and also the accuracy of your passport number - if they are wrong then it's tough **** - they will not/can not change it and you have to start and pay all over again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

Check that they've spelt your name correctly and also the accuracy of your passport number - if they are wrong then it's tough **** - they will not/can not change it and you have to start and pay all over again.

Not even the Thais would be that ludicrous lol

Worth checking though I agree that they are accurate prior to turning up to check in

A couple of years ago I applied and paid for a METV but, unbeknownst to me, they weren't issuing them at the time - they gave me a £25 SETV and kept the whole £125.

Last year they spelt my surname wrong by one letter on the visa despite it being correct on all of my documents and even on the covering email. Got a polite reply from the embassy but nothing they could do and in the end I had to start again from scratch and pay again.

On the plus side, my visa for next week's trip is fine but I always apply very early just in case.....

Edited by London Lowf
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, London Lowf said:

why should you when things simply happen as they should?

Don't you think people would like to know when things are working normally?

I don't actually need the visa but got a bit concerned because of the negative comments.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Don't you think people would like to know when things are working normally?

I don't actually need the visa but got a bit concerned because of the negative comments.

Nowadays, every time I buy something online, I get a "How did we do?" email a few days later.

So, you took my money and correctly supplied the goods/services that you advertised and you want me to congratulate you? I should be the one getting the praise for being a customer.

And the one that really grinds my gears? Guys that spend a small fortune on ladydrinks and then give the bar staff a wai on the way out - totally pathetic.

(Rant over)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2023 at 2:04 PM, London Lowf said:

Nowadays, every time I buy something online, I get a "How did we do?" email a few days later.

So, you took my money and correctly supplied the goods/services that you advertised and you want me to congratulate you? I should be the one getting the praise for being a customer.

And the one that really grinds my gears? Guys that spend a small fortune on ladydrinks and then give the bar staff a wai on the way out - totally pathetic.

(Rant over)

You seem to be confused between informing others and supplier feedback.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You seem to be confused between informing others and supplier feedback.

The supplier feedback is usually published, either on their own website, on the selling platform (e.g. ebay) or a review website (e.g. Trustpilot) and as a result it is "informing others".

On 9/25/2023 at 2:04 PM, London Lowf said:

Maybe, just maybe, the guy/s were very happy that the staff gave them good service and a fun time? Why not show some respect? Next time the guy/s will be welcomed back. Don't complain if not everyone behaves like you.

14 hours ago, London Lowf said:

The supplier feedback is usually published, either on their own website, on the selling platform (e.g. ebay) or a review website (e.g. Trustpilot) and as a result it is "informing others".

You are free to take the view a post on this forum is the same thing.

16 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Maybe, just maybe, the guy/s were very happy that the staff gave them good service and a fun time? Why not show some respect? Next time the guy/s will be welcomed back. Don't complain if not everyone behaves like you.

I have no problem with displaying appreciation for good service with a tip and a "Thank you" but (in my opinion) a wai is a traditional way for Thais to show respect but seems to have been cheapened, much like the handshake in the west.

Edited by London Lowf

On the subject of eVisa application to Royal THai Embassy London, have they simplified the web form by removing some questions? I'm sure that some of my previous applications you had to submit a head and shoulders photograph holding your passport bio page and also download, sign and scan a declaration?

Andrew, Confused of Oxford