My daughters last trip to see her mum

JessieDog

My ex wife returned to live in Thailand. Buriram - Prakon Chai, Non Jaren about two years ago and has terminal cancer.

I have only seen my ex once in 9 years when she came to a Uk hospital last year.

Hope to plan this well as it will be a difficult emotional trip for my daughter. 

Sadly my ex has terminal cancer and time is tight for her. 

My daughter who is 21 now wants to come see her essentially for the last time.  

Need help with info on

Taxi firms and car hire in Buriram 

What flights to Buriram are good

Wondering where is ok to stay in the area we used to stay in Buriam generally but wonder if there’s anything closer to the village.

Village is about 2 hours from Buriram.

The village itself never used to have any comfy hotels.

Help please. 

Thanks in advance 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, JessieDog said:

The village itself never used to have any comfy hotels.

I don't know when you were last there, but my wife's family lives in a village in Buriram. There weren't any "comfy" hotels near there when we got married or for the next 10 years, but there's a nice small one now. Things change.   You've received some nice suggestions, but you might google for resorts or hotels closer to the village (if you know it by name or a mid size town near it). 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2023 at 11:52 PM, JessieDog said:

My ex wife returned to live in Thailand. Buriram - Prakon Chai, Non Jaren...

Non Charoen is in Ban Kruat district, further south of Prakhonchai.  There are a few Thai style resorts around there, and a few more in Ban Kruat town, but the best hotels in that area are in Prakhonchai, with the de l'amour (the THB 1,504 a night one on the map below) being arguably the best, (and most expensive).

Good luck, I hope all goes well for you and your daughter.

image.thumb.png.4c6f991ebff02e0827973031d57e5af7.png

image.png.bfa5e844061293826095c6b030d2b185.png

Hotel de l'amour – โรงแรมเดอลามูร์ (hotel-delamour.com)

Edited by ballpoint

15 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Non Charoen is in Ban Kruat district, further south of Prakhonchai.  There are a few Thai style resorts around there, and a few more in Ban Kruat town, but the best hotels in that area are in Prakhonchai, with the de l'amour (the THB 1,504 a night one on the map below) being arguably the best, (and most expensive).

Good luck, I hope all goes well for you and your daughter.

image.thumb.png.4c6f991ebff02e0827973031d57e5af7.png

image.png.bfa5e844061293826095c6b030d2b185.png

Hotel de l'amour – โรงแรมเดอลามูร์ (hotel-delamour.com)

Thank you 

• 1 month later...

To provide an update

Thanks for the replies to this topic prior to our arrival here 

Ex wife very sick but we have done what we achieved to do my ex-wife gets to see our daughter and my daughter gets to see her mum.

My daughter has been able to feel a little more closure regards her unusual relations with her mum. 

what has been surprising is my ex-wife’s burning desire to extort money from our daughter now that she can’t do it to me.

My ex left the uk about four years after living there for 16 years and she left financially very stable and now she seams to have various cars, land, houses and other debts and assets here in Thailand all of which are in a mess and now actual money.

The wheels of cultural dishonesty continue to turn.

• Like 1