Paetongtarn Likely To Be Named Pheu Thai Leader

webfact

image.jpeg

PAETONGTARN SHINAWATRA, daughter of de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convicted inmate Thaksin Shinawatra, will likely be named leader of the ruling party, said an outspoken Pheu Thai MP yesterday (Sep.25).

In an extraordinary caucus speculated next week, Pheu Thai members will overwhelmingly vote Paetongtarn for the top partisan leadership, said Pheu Thai MP Khrumanit Sangpum.

The pro-Paetongtarn vote could probably be unanimous since there would be no competition among the Pheu Thai rank and file against Thaksin’s daughter who is more or less expected to agree to being named the new party leader in place of Public Health Minister Chonlanan Srikaew who has resigned, Khrumanit said.

According to the MP of Surin, Paetongtarn is not only viewed as a daughter of the de facto party boss but as politically-versed, proactive and charismatic.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

TOP: Paetongtarn Shinawatra campaigning prior to the May 14, 2023 general election. Photo: Matichon Weekly

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-09-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

PAETONGTARN SHINAWATRA, daughter of de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convicted inmate Thaksin Shinawatra, will likely be named leader of the ruling party, said an outspoken Pheu Thai MP yesterday

A racing certainty.... all part of the master plan

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder what Yingluck now privately thinks about her brother and politics. Was it worth it? Is she happy in the rest of the world knowing that if she would return to Thailand she would go to jail?

I'm not convinced they jail Shinawatras? ????

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

There is a reason why Yingluck is not in Thailand since many years. 

And for her it might be more difficult to play the "I am so old and sick" card. 

Wait till Tony assumes power, Y will be home in a flash! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder what Yingluck now privately thinks about her brother and politics. Was it worth it?

Remember the 12 or 15 suitcases she took out of the country when she was in power, of course it was worth it! She'll be back!

53 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Remember the 12 or 15 suitcases she took out of the country when she was in power, of course it was worth it! She'll be back!

Obviously it's nice to have 12 or 15 suitcases full of money. But for most of us 1 suitcase is enough - especially if we are free to travel wherever we want. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously it's nice to have 12 or 15 suitcases full of money. But for most of us 1 suitcase is enough - especially if we are free to travel wherever we want. 

It would be interesting to know how much was in the cop car that took her to Cambodia on her exit! ????

Edited by 2baht

Well, 15 minutes of fame for yet another family member before they realize, that Pheu Thai went down the drain weeks ago when they shortchanged their voter base big time. 
But time will tell, let "il padrino" get out of hospitalized jail to mix the cards and Srettha, well, he might start looking for a nice comfy retirement cushion - financially he seems to do OK ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

“According to the MP of Surin, Paetongtarn is not only viewed as a daughter of the de facto party boss but as politically-versed, proactive and charismatic.”

what a joke. How long would she survive in politics without her father? 

I wonder how long Thaksin plans for Srettha to be in the PM job.

Judging from the photo she's singing 'Don't cry for me Argentina' but with modified lyric.

On 9/26/2023 at 6:10 AM, Dogmatix said:

“According to the MP of Surin, Paetongtarn is not only viewed as a daughter of the de facto party boss but as politically-versed, proactive and charismatic.”

what a joke. How long would she survive in politics without her father? 

I wonder how long Thaksin plans for Srettha to be in the PM job.

The unelected soldier PM last 9 years, but wait! He had soldiers , tanks and guns behind him. Paetongtarn has not.