Forgot to 90 day report. 9 days overdue. What happens now?

I'm on a Non- O retirement visa extension.   As the title says, I missed my report date.  9 days overdue.  First time this has happened.  Will go into the office today to report.  What will be the likely response from the immigration officer.  I assume there is a fine.  How much money do I need to bring?  What's a realistic worse case scenario?

Thanks in advance...

• Thumbs Up 1

If it were me, I wouldn't say anything, just keep filing online and see if they say anything on your next extension application.

OP, are you 9 days late for the actual 90 day date or 9 days late from the extra 7 we're allowed?

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the advice, everyone.  This is the first of three 90 day reports for this extension.  Since the general consensus is that this is not a big deal, I have decided to report online today.  I will report online again the next two times as well and then see if they catch me when I do my next extension.  Maybe I will intentionally file on the 5th or 6th day for the next two, so that this 9 day slip is less obvious/glaring.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Goat said:
1 hour ago, NotReallyHere said:

Thank you for the advice, everyone.  This is the first of three 90 day reports for this extension.  Since the general consensus is that this is not a big deal, I have decided to report online today.  I will report online again the next two times as well and then see if they catch me when I do my next extension.  Maybe I will intentionally file on the 5th or 6th day for the next two, so that this 9 day slip is less obvious/glaring.

Expand  

Bad idea, you online report wont work.

Just man up, go and see them and pay the fine. It isnt a big deal

Spot on.  It is no big deal, it is a very common, inadvertent, B2k slip up that no one in the Immigration office will care anything about.

In the 20+ years I have been living here with annual retirement extensions, I have missed the 90 day address report twice during that period. The result was a 2,000 baht fine. No other consequences.

As mentioned, online reporting is up to the due date, so trying to do it even one day late, will most likely see it rejected. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

Your online application is 9 days past the last expiry date, so your online report will fail.

You may get a report to the office reply.

Just go to the office, say sorry, pay the fine and get your next report date.

7 hours ago, bbko said:

If it were me, I wouldn't say anything, just keep filing online and see if they say anything on your next extension application.

I tried that, received email saying rejected as over due and goto office. Said nothing at office, fined 2000.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, moontang said:

What about TM30?

CM IMM now has a shop for this next to copy shop for TM30 reporting...nice chubby fellow in there got me updated ..free service.....as i did my last extension yest for my 2nd land crossing

Noticed they have new monitors inside for cue #....even though its always a pain it was my quickest ext so far..about 130-2 hrs as it usually takes me 3 hrs as i arrive right after lunch

Also my "visa" expired on sunday the 24th as as always i go there a few days early to see what they did to confuse me since last visit...as i have been going in days early due to weekend closure so it would have been the friday the 22 for my ext stamp....lost about a week worth of days sue to weekends..BUT i found out they give you a GRACE day....not 2 days but one day..so i was able to go monday the 25th with no fine even thought my stamp was valid until the 24th..

Old guy on glasses outside is nice enough BUT there is a young thai guy that was just in  a bad mood that works there..window #1....scolded me for folding my paperwork and tried to get me on overstay but called him on it as the glasses guy next to him (his boss) gave me the ok on it

So had i known about this one day amnesty could have saved me about a weeks worth/credit

also the vol girl inside was really checking my info...compared my PP to paperwork and really checked on my address vs TM30...never had this done but maybe just never noticed.....anyway i was just glad i was in and out in my quickest and last visit for another 6 months stay-visa free

1 hour ago, soisanuk said:

In the 20+ years I have been living here with annual retirement extensions, I have missed the 90 day address report twice during that period. The result was a 2,000 baht fine. No other consequences.

As mentioned, online reporting is up to the due date, so trying to do it even one day late, will most likely see it rejected. 

as noted for me doing visa exempt ext. yesterday they allowed me a ONE day grace period since my stamp ended on sunday the 24th and they were closed..but they said one day is ok but TWO would be overstay....but im also the guy that flies with one way tixs and no visa for 15 yrs

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

In Person - up to 15 days prior and 7 days after due date

If I am not mistaken, up to ..5.. days early. I saw a person ( in fron of me ) turned away IN BANGKOK several years ago, trying to do 6 days eary.  Be sure, ask your LOCAL IO what their policy is.

8 hours ago, bbko said:

OP, are you 9 days late for the actual 90 day date or 9 days late from the extra 7 we're allowed?

If you are overdue the online stuff will be rejected.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

I'm on a Non- O retirement visa extension.   As the title says, I missed my report date.  9 days overdue.  First time this has happened.  Will go into the office today to report.  What will be the likely response from the immigration officer.  I assume there is a fine.  How much money do I need to bring?  What's a realistic worse case scenario?

Thanks in advance...

Similar situation I forget to do the 90 day for about 10 days late. Went to CW reported in, 2hr wait then Baht 2000 fine and stamp in my PP. All fine and dandy then, after all what is the 90 day all about? $$$$$$$$$

2000 THB fine the next time you show up.  Go down and get it done and pay your fine.  It can go to 5000 THB. 

Been there, done that. 

Watch the IO.  They'll put on really, really serious faces.  Fun to watch!  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda

Went to IO.  Paid the fine.  In and out in 10 minutes.  New date, Christmas eve.  Should be easy to remember, but just in case, I will set up several reminders using different media.  Hopefully the redundancy will help prevent this from happening again.  Will set the reminders for the earliest possible day to give myself leeway if anything comes up that might delay me.  I need to find some way of incorporating this rhythm into my life since I might be doing this every 90 days until I die.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

Thanks in advance...

first go to the bank  with big sack .second buy a diary so never forget next time !!!

• Confused 1