Trump only running ‘to stay out of prison’

Social Media

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Yet more obfuscation in your never ending quest to justify voting for Trump.

It wouldn't matter who the Dems put up, the MAGA brigade and their GOP cohorts would find fault. .

To be fair , The Democrats do likewise to the Republicans

Whoever the Republicans put up, Dems will find fault  

57 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

EVERYONE should find fault with Trump. Even the GOP!

Just to demonstrate the depravity of Trump: not only did he watch the riots on Jan. 6 on TV with glee and didn’t do anything to stop it, but apparently he also chanted ‘hang Mike Pence’ with the rioters as he watched.
And that’s the guy that could become the next president of the USA. What a great guy! What a great country!

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/hutchinson-trump-chanted-hang-mike-pence-with-the-crowd-as-he-watched

• Like 1

"Following a full evidentiary hearing, and having failed to meet his low burden before the federal district court for the Northern District of Georgia, Appellant Mark Randall Meadows now asks this Court to apply a jurisdiction designed to insulate federal authority from state interference to a case concerning precisely the opposite: Appellant and his co-defendants engaged in activities designed to accomplish federal meddling in matters of state authority," Monday's filing stated.

Willis claimed Meadows could "point to no law, no constitutional provision, and no lawful duty which authorized him to take the actions he did, and his testimony at the evidentiary hearing in this case underscored the case against his removal rather than for it."

https://www.rawstory.com/fani-willis-smacks-down-mark-meadows-on-appeal-failed-to-meet-his-low-burden/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Now THIS is why people have so much trouble with the MAGA cult of personality. What you say never happened DID happen, in front of the whole world, captured on video and played over and over again, yet you cry, "it never happened."

When you deny facts then you can not ever be taken seriously.

To the collective "you" - What I really don't get is this: why does this criminal have such a hold over your brain? Why can he tell you such blatant lies and you just suck them up and say "Yup, fearful leader tells us so it must be true." How is this mass unable to perform even the simplest of critical thinking?

And the real problem is this inability to engage critical thinking has profound effects on the world around us. It isn't like preferring one sport team over another, this has real world implications that hurt the whole world.

The good news is you can admit you were wrong and no one will hold it against you. Hell, we'll throw you a party and welcome you aboard. The bad news - if continue down this path, US democracy will fall and history will hold you accountable.

Listening to the video , Trump did ask the question as to whether it was possible or not , he asked medical experts whether it was in some way possible to use disinfectant to kill the virus .

He asked the question  , rather that saying it was possible to do .

So, Trump didn't say you can inject disinfectant , he asked whether it was a possibility or not

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

You could say the same for both of them, ironically. Biden would lose to a younger and more vigorous Republican, Trump would lose to a less senile and more sentient Democrat.  

They need each other. 

I hope Biden decides to not run, but I think Trump loses no matter what. Without compulsory voting, some voters need a good reason to go to the polls. Voting against Trump is compelling.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

Oh fer crying out loud - OK, you're gonna use the "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin" defense, or "what the definition of is is?"

Again, THIS is why the MAGA cult of personality will never be taken seriously.

I am just going by what he actually said .

Are you hearing something different to what I am hearing ?

Did you hear him say that you can inject disinfectant ?

I heard him ask a question as to whether you can or not  , he was asking  question which he didn't know the answer to .

Although as POTUS , he really should have done some more research before asking such a question 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Now THIS is why people have so much trouble with the MAGA cult of personality. What you say never happened DID happen, in front of the whole world, captured on video and played over and over again, yet you cry, "it never happened."

When you deny facts then you can not ever be taken seriously.

To the collective "you" - What I really don't get is this: why does this criminal have such a hold over your brain? Why can he tell you such blatant lies and you just suck them up and say "Yup, fearful leader tells us so it must be true." How is this mass unable to perform even the simplest of critical thinking?

And the real problem is this inability to engage critical thinking has profound effects on the world around us. It isn't like preferring one sport team over another, this has real world implications that hurt the whole world.

The good news is you can admit you were wrong and no one will hold it against you. Hell, we'll throw you a party and welcome you aboard. The bad news - if continue down this path, US democracy will fall and history will hold you accountable.

Some I think want to damage America or if they can’t vote convince others who can vote cast their ballot for the one who can cause the most harm to American democracy obviously trump must never be potus 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Biden will run unless a catastrophic illness hits him. If VP Harris takes over between now and then, we are all in for a real shÍt show and all bets are off.

As an adult, I had never voted in a presidential election. I saw no real difference in candidates. They were all bought and paid for shills. Then came along THIS atrocity aka 45. I tried my best to support 45, but early on I saw what a truly evil, narcissistic man-baby stooge he was, particularly dangerous because he had the nuclear football and compulsive behavior. This prompted me to vote. Thankfully, internet voting overseas is not too difficult and 100% verifiable that your vote counts.

This clown aka 45 will get the people off their duffs and into the voting booths.

Might not be that easy to persuade people that Trump is a danger. All they have to do is look at their lives today and compare their situation to 2018 or2019, and ask themselves, "am I better off today or 5 years ago?". The answer is not good for Biden.  

1 hour ago, Paradise Pete said:

I hope Biden decides to not run, but I think Trump loses no matter what. Without compulsory voting, some voters need a good reason to go to the polls. Voting against Trump is compelling.

Perhaps there is a big enough anti-Trump vote. THe problem for Democrats is that Biden is beginning to alienate the Hispanic and Black communities. Trump is picking up support in both. Or, they will simply stay home. Either is a big problem for Democrats. I mean, you can't have the president calling an African American man "boy" and expect to do well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Listening to the video , Trump did ask the question as to whether it was possible or not , he asked medical experts whether it was in some way possible to use disinfectant to kill the virus .

He asked the question  , rather that saying it was possible to do .

So, Trump didn't say you can inject disinfectant , he asked whether it was a possibility or not

Do we want a clueless president who asks questions like this in a national press conference instead of maybe just checking with the experts first and perhaps propose a remedy that works. Like the vaccine, perhaps?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Perhaps there is a big enough anti-Trump vote. THe problem for Democrats is that Biden is beginning to alienate the Hispanic and Black communities. Trump is picking up support in both. Or, they will simply stay home. Either is a big problem for Democrats. I mean, you can't have the president calling an African American man "boy" and expect to do well.

<satire>

Well yeah, but he did it at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual Legislative Conference so no one will ever hear about it.
</satire>

Joe has pulled some real gaffs, but this one might truly wind up biting him on the butt. For what it's worth, we all know he didn't mean it in a demeaning fashion, but it's now out there, squirming on kitchen tables all over.

I grow absolutely weary of having to hold my nose when "pulling the lever" to vote in a presidential election. We no longer vote FOR a candidate, we vote AGAINST a candidate. Joe disappoints me severely - he was supposed to be a one term interim president to defeat 45. I honestly think his ego overtook his logic, so here we are again, choosing between two steaming piles.

Edited by HappyExpat57

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

<satire>

Well yeah, but he did it at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual Legislative Conference so no one will ever hear about it.
</satire>

Joe has pulled some real gaffs, but this one might truly wind up biting him on the butt.

I grow absolutely weary of having to hold my nose when "pulling the lever" to vote in a presidential election. We no longer vote FOR a candidate, we vote AGAINST a candidate. Joe disappoints me severely - he was supposed to be a one term interim president to defeat 45. I honestly think his ego overtook his logic, so here we are again, choosing between two steaming piles.

The both sides-ism is strong today. Is that the talking point du jour on Newsmax today? There's no sane comparison. At worst one is a bit doddery, the other a hardened criminal with a lifetime of fraud.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The both sides-ism is strong today. Is that the talking point du jour on Newsmax today? There's no sane comparison. At worst one is a bit doddery, the other a hardened criminal with a lifetime of fraud.

No. This "both sides-ism" is my own personal observation. I have no idea WHAT the hell is ever on Newsmax, never watch that trash. How is it you know about it?

2 hours ago, candide said:

"A New York judge has found Donald Trump and his adult sons liable for fraud, saying the Trumps provided false financial statements for roughly a decade.

Judge Arthur Engoron’s ruling came days before the civil case involving the New York attorney general’s office and the former president was set to go to trial."

New York judge finds Donald Trump liable for fraud

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/26/politics/trump-organization-business-fraud/index.html

And here’s yet another reason (how many more do these people need) that this man is nothing more than a con artist. The judge has already said he’s liable for fraud. Will it make a difference? I guess not. 

• Like 2

It's all coming back to bite me now.

"In 2008 during the Great Recession, he blamed UAW members. He blamed our contracts for everything that was wrong with these companies. That's a complete lie."

He went on to recall in 2015, when Trump was running for president, "he talked about doing a rotation — taking all these good-paying jobs in the Midwest and moving them somewhere in the South where people work for less money, and then to make people beg for their jobs back at lower wages."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-auto-workers-billionaires/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

And here’s yet another reason (how many more do these people need) that this man is nothing more than a con artist. The judge has already said he’s liable for fraud. Will it make a difference? I guess not. 

Already baked into the 'pie' for a lot of people. In 2016, the revelations about Trump being scummy towards women and being a legendary BS artist were new and surprising. These days, people aren't surprised anymore. Plus Biden is also a known commodity, and polling suggests that people don't like what they see.

If it comes down to the two old codgers again, it is going to be closer than many think IMHO. But hopefully both parties will come to their senses and choose other candidates.

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Already baked into the 'pie' for a lot of people. In 2016, the revelations about Trump being scummy towards women and being a legendary BS artist were new and surprising. These days, people aren't surprised anymore. Plus Biden is also a known commodity, and polling suggests that people don't like what they see.

If it comes down to the two old codgers again, it is going to be closer than many think IMHO. But hopefully both parties will come to their senses and choose other candidates.

Don't bother trying to defend Trump. Both sides seems to the be talking point today.