Teenager accidentally stabs friend to death while playing with knife

snoop1130

382195874_706038188221929_9064408657357123887_n.jpg

A 17 year old man accidentally stabbed his friend to death while they were playing with their brand-new knives in a public park in the northeastern province of Nong Bua Lamphu.

Nong Bua Lamphu Hospital reported the teenager’s death to Mueang Nong Bua Lamphu Police Station at 7.30pm on Sunday, September 24. The hospital reported that the teen, named Ton, suffered a deep stab wound to the neck. CPR was reportedly administered but medical staff were unable to save his life.

Police arrived at the hospital and met a group of Ton’s friends outside the emergency room. His friends were unaware of Ton’s death at the time until officers broke the news to the group.

One of Ton’s friends, 17 year old Thanate, collapsed in tears on the floor after learning the tragic news. He admitted to the officers that he accidentally stabbed his friend.

The other friends backed up Thanate’s words, saying that the two were close friends and studied at the same school since they were young children. They had never fought each other before and had no conflicts.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Facebook/ หนังสือพิมพ์หนองบัวลำภูนิวส์

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3

Younger than that we used to play splits using small sheaf knifes, the object was to throw the knife in the grass near your mates foot, then they step where it had landed, each taking turns till one of us could stretch no further, we never injured ourselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Younger than that we used to play splits using small sheaf knifes, the object was to throw the knife in the grass near your mates foot, then they step where it had landed, each taking turns till one of us could stretch no further, we never injured ourselves.

I bet you're lethal in close quarters combat !!! :giggle:

I used to play that game too...   

... Also used to play the same game with an air-pistol until one lad got shot in the ankle and the police were involved (the 22 pellet penetrated the skin and embedded itself about 0.5 to 1cm in)

17 year olds play fighting with knifes...  I guess it happens and a tragic mistake was made... a horrible horrible accident (death by misadventure).

I remember working in a butchers shop as a Saturday job for pocket money... 

I recall the boss grabbing me and slicing my throat with a knife, I felt the cold steel slice across my neck, my legs gave way, my heart missed beats....  scared the living shyte out of me..

The boss had used the 'rounded back of the knife'...  no harm inflicted at all... 

BUT - a mistake could have been made when people are mucking about like that...

Edited by richard_smith237

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

One of Ton’s friends, 17 year old Thanate, collapsed in tears on the floor after learning the tragic news. He admitted to the officers that he accidentally stabbed his friend.

Well, Thanate might struggle to find friends now, if that's how he treats them.