Phuket’s pristine promise: Chalong’s no-littering sign takes center stage

snoop1130

bd61b8c9-7f30-4c42-8b20-21dd64ee89b4.jpg

In a bid to maintain cleanliness and orderliness, the Chalong Municipality erected a sign prohibiting littering and the dumping of garbage in Phuket. This commendable move is aimed at preserving the beauty and hygiene of the municipality.

According to Chalong’s village headman Kokchai Sae-Ung, the land is privately owned. Last year, approval had been given to raise the site using construction waste.

A prior fire at the location raised concerns, resulting in the intervention of local firemen and a subsequent prohibition on additional rubbish disposal. Kokchai further denied littering allegations in Phuket and that the pictures making headlines online were recent.

“The pictures seen today, released by the mass media all over the country and in Phuket, are old pictures.”

Due to the significant storms, Patong City’s Soi Na Nai, Sai Kor Road, and Pracha Nukroh Road all received major flooding. Residents’ worries have increased as the rain continued throughout this week.

By Top

Caption: Image credit hotels.com

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In a bid to maintain cleanliness and orderliness, the Chalong Municipality erected a sign prohibiting littering and the dumping of garbage in Phuket. This commendable move is aimed at preserving the beauty and hygiene of the municipality.

Yep, that'll work.

• Haha 1

bd61b8c9-7f30-4c42-8b20-21dd64ee89b4.jpg

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

e Chalong Municipality erected a sign prohibiting littering and the dumping of garbage in Phuket.

Where is the sign ?

I can only see one man who , apparently , has nothing to do with the anti - littering sign ....

May be this one will represent the TAT in their next campaign to lure more wealthy tourists to Thailand ?

Won't work .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Travelling to Japans outer towns and villages and making not just a physical, visual comparison of waste but the psychological experience of moving about in both environments and it seems to me such a shame to see the levels of rubbish, and disregard for their environment in LOS.

As a retired existential psychotherapist I can't help but wonder if, and to what degree, others experience what I am aware of i.e. The damage to the psyche of all those in LOS, and all the other places in the world from the trash we consume and then simply throw at our feet. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1