New passport stamps procedure with re-entry permit.

I hold an O Visa Extension based on retirement and will be returning to Thailand shortly on a re-entry permit with a brand new passport. What do I need to do regarding transferring required stamps, whichever they are, from my old to new passport please? Do I need to make a special visit to my immigration office or can it wait until my 90 day report? And if I do an online 90 day report can it wait until my extension renewal which is 5 months away? Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Do I need to make a special visit to my immigration office or can it wait until my 90 day report? And if I do an online 90 day report can it wait until my extension renewal which is 5 months away? Thanks in advance.

No time frame requirement to transfer stamps and visa information.

Needs to be done prior to any immigration matters.

Eg for extension can be done on same visit.

Obviously transfer prior to extension.

At CW can be done at same L desk.

Other immigration offices may be different 

If you need to exit Thailand and reenter then travel with both pp.

Don't forget to update bank account information.

DTL not so important. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Needs to be done prior to any immigration matters.

Eg for extension can be done on same visit.

Obviously transfer prior to extension.

At CW can be done at same L desk.

Other immigration offices may be different 

If you need to exit Thailand and reenter then travel with both pp.

Don't forget to update bank account information.

DTL not so important. 

You need to get the stamps transferred beforehand if you want to file the 90 day report online.

I did mine last week at CW and submitted the 90 day report online the same evening. 

As Dr Jack says, updated bank account information is important - that was what they paid the most detailed  attention to during the process of moving the stamps to the new passport.

I just reentered Thailand on a valid non-o. in my old passport.  They just stamped that I had a valid visa until

xxx from my old Passport into my new passport, upon exit

no problem re-enerering. My new passport was nearly 3 months old. Going to immigration is a chhoive, but not necessary. Just carry both passports with you intil

you get a new visa. This was about 2 weeks ago. 

On 9/27/2023 at 2:53 PM, Drumbuie said:

You need to get the stamps transferred beforehand if you want to file the 90 day report online.

I did mine last week at CW and submitted the 90 day report online the same evening. 

As Dr Jack says, updated bank account information is important - that was what they paid the most detailed  attention to during the process of moving the stamps to the new passport.

What do you mean by updated bank account info.? What does a new passport have to do with that? Do you mean I need to inform my bank of my new passport number? Immigration does not need anything from the bank until extension.

On 9/26/2023 at 9:54 PM, DrJack54 said:

Is there a form that needs to be completed or is it just a case of taking both passports to immigration. Jomtien is my office

Thanks

On 9/29/2023 at 6:13 AM, SunsetT said:

Do you mean I need to inform my bank of my new passport number?

yes, and your phone provider as well (AIS for me), and most probably any company that registered your passport number to identify you.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:13 AM, SunsetT said:

What do you mean by updated bank account info.? What does a new passport have to do with that? Do you mean I need to inform my bank of my new passport number? Immigration does not need anything from the bank until extension.

Perhaps the poster was just giving you a general heads up, there are banking processes (nothing to do with immigration) which will reject / fail if you have to enter your passport number but you enter new pp number not the pp number recorded previously at the bank.

For folks who have a pink ID card all banks will update the passport information by entering the pink ID number, which for many holders doesn't need updating.

Banks will readily enter the pink ID card number for PR holders in place of a pasport number and the bonus (for most) is that it never needs updating ever again, the pink ID card number is valid for lifetime as is PR.  

• Like 2