just a reminder, they will ******* kill you

NorthernRyland

Just now, bignok said:

Ive had arrogant cyclists abuse me when they were all over the road. One day I had enough so said ok mate lets go. He cycled away like a coward. Get off the road. The road isnt for bicycles.

this goes all ways in Thailand. Unless you're in a tank you will get abused.

Having said that the number of cyclists that are dicks is astounding. The only defense I have is that the feeling of almost getting hit when you're on a bike is visceral so people tend to lash out easier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

I have had many motorcycles in my lifetime and even raced motocross for a short period of time. From what I have seen of the Thai drivers including foreigners, I will never get on a motorbike in Thailand. It is a death wish.

to be fair it's much safer than it looks and the stats include the idiots that are weaving in an out of traffic and people that pull into roads without looking etc.... that's not saying much though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

In fact, the hill tribe that transport vegetables are the #1 most dangerous fools on the road in Thailand. I see these people come off the road so many times but they never learn. It's such a shame because the mountains here are beautiful and my favorite place to ride.

They are still not used to traffic faster than 40km/h 

• Like 1