Getting 30/60 day extension to current multi entry Non-O visa to visit wife....

12 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

...didn't exit country within 90 days....

90 day reports are only submitted if having permission of stay for over 90 consecutive days to confirm your address.

If you apply for a 60 day extension based on Thai spouse, the application includes providing proof of your current address.

The visit to your IO to submit the application and confirm address, acts the same as a 90-day report.

With a Non Imm O ME visa you can stay in Thailand for almost 17 months, with only 3 border runs and 3 x 60 day extensions, without submitting any 90 day reports.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

...didn't exit country within 90 days....

~

When you entered Thailand with a stil valid 1-year Multiple Entry Non Imm O Visa, you will be stamped in by border-immigration with a Permission to stay for 90 days.  It would be difficult to 'loose track' on that one, as the expiry date of that Permission to stay is stamped in your Passport.  And at the end of the 90 days you have 2 options:

- Apply in the final days of that 90-day Permission to stay at your local Imm Office for a 60-day extension of stay for visiting your wife (requirements are addressed in previous posts in this thread);

- Exit Thailand latest on last day of that Permission to stay, and either returning when the 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa has not expired and is still valid, which will provide you once again with a 90-days Permission to stay;

- Apply for a NEW 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa, when he old one has expired (the Thai consulate in Savannakhet being one of the easiest ways to get hold of such NEW Visa - note that they now require proof of +400.000,- THB on a personal Thai bank-account as part of the application requirements.  Failing to do so, they will only provide you with a 90-day Single Entry Non Imm O Visa.

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2023 at 1:25 PM, Red Phoenix said:

When you are in Thailand on a Permission to stay based on a Non Imm O Visa (be it for Retirement or Marriage or any other reason), you cannot apply for a 30-day extension of stay at your local Imm Office, as such 30-day extensions are ONLY for those that entered on a VisaExempt or Tourist Visa.

But when you are married to a Thai national you can ALWAYS apply at your local Imm Office for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife and it doesn't matter on which Visa you entered Thailand (be it VisaExempt, Tourist, Retirement or Marriage). 

So in your case - married to a Thai national - you can apply at your local Imm Office for a 60-day extension of stay.  Such application can be done once for EACH entry into Thailand.  So those that have a MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa and are married to a Thai national can apply after every entry in Thailand (which will provide them with a 90-day Permission to stay).  So if it is cumbersome to do the border-hop every 3 months, one could also extend every 90-day Permission to stay with a one-time 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

To answer your last question > Immigration will not have any objections for you doing so, as you would be fully compliant with all Immigration requirements. 

Cheers and success!

Hello. Sorry about my English, it's not my mother tongue. I have a doubt, really are two.

1- Can you enter Thailand on visa exempt (30 days), extend it other 30 days and then apply for the 60 days extension of stay to visit your wife?

2-A friend went to extend his tourist visa (60 days) for 30 days, but he was granted 60 days without request it, was that the extension for visit wife or an error? (He is married to a Thai lady, but not mentioned it)

Thanks in advance for any useful comments.

14 minutes ago, AaronIsaan said:

Hello. Sorry about my English, it's not my mother tongue. I have a doubt, really are two.

1- Can you enter Thailand on visa exempt (30 days), extend it other 30 days and then apply for the 60 days extension of stay to visit your wife?

2-A friend went to extend his tourist visa (60 days) for 30 days, but he was granted 60 days without request it, was that the extension for visit wife or an error? (He is married to a Thai lady, but not mentioned it)

1: 30 day extension to visa exempt or tourist visa entry followed by 60 day extension to visit wife is possible. 

2: don't understand how he was given 60 day extension as that extension is specific to wife and docs required for that. 

Are you sure the friend did not have a METV. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AaronIsaan said:

1 - Yes, you have the option to extend the Permission to stay of a Visa Exempt entry or a Tourist Visa entry with a 30-day extension.  This can be done once per entry, costs 1.900,- THB (like any extension) and is delivered on the spot, with the additional 30 days added to the expiry date of the Permission to stay you received on entering Thailand.  So no need to wait till end of that Permission to stay to apply for the 30-day extension. 

2 - You friend, will have applied for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of 'visiting his wife'.  This can be done once for any entry, costs 1.900,- THB but requires a copy of the original marriage certificate and a recent Kor-Ror-2 (excerpt from the Thai national marriage register which can be gotten from ANY Thai amphur, providing evidence that you are still registered as married to a Thai national, and that Kor-Ror-2 costs between 20 and 100 TB).  His Thai wife needs to accompany him when applying for that 60-day extension for reason of marriage.

Note that you friend could have applied first for the 'regular' 30-day extension (when he entered VisaExempt or on a Tourist Visa) and then for the 60-day extension for reason of marriage.  But not all Thai Imm offices allow to do it in 'reverse order'.

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Note that you friend could have applied first for the 'regular' 30-day extension (when he entered VisaExempt or on a Tourist Visa) and then for the 60-day extension for reason of marriage.  But not all Thai Imm offices allow to do it in 'reverse order'.

That is also my understanding.  

Perhaps go a step further ....I think the 30 day extension must be applied for first. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

1: 30 day extension to visa exempt or tourist visa entry followed by 60 day extension to visit wife is possible. 

2: don't understand how he was given 60 day extension as that extension is specific to wife and docs required for that. 

Are you sure the friend did not have a METV. 

Thanks for your response. In fact, my friend's wife carried the weeding documents when he requested the extension, so he was granted the 60 days for visit wife without knowing about it. Thanks again!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

1 - Yes, you have the option to extend the Permission to stay of a Visa Exempt entry or a Tourist Visa entry with a 30-day extension.  This can be done once per entry, costs 1.900,- THB (like any extension) and is delivered on the spot, with the additional 30 days added to the expiry date of the Permission to stay you received on entering Thailand.  So no need to wait till end of that Permission to stay to apply for the 30-day extension. 

2 - You friend, will have applied for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of 'visiting his wife'.  This can be done once for any entry, costs 1.900,- THB but requires a copy of the original marriage certificate and a recent Kor-Ror-2 (excerpt from the Thai national marriage register which can be gotten from ANY Thai amphur, providing evidence that you are still registered as married to a Thai national, and that Kor-Ror-2 costs between 20 and 100 TB).  His Thai wife needs to accompany him when applying for that 60-day extension for reason of marriage.

Thanks for your complete information!

• Like 1