Beer

KannikaP

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Agreed. I shall do further investigations.

Next time weigh the beer.  As water and beer are so close in weight, as are different beers that the difference would be miniscule.  Nothing near 3%, or even 1%.  So round down the difference, and that's what they're cheating you, and you're probably being very generous.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Next time weigh the beer.  As water and beer are so close in weight, as are different beers that the difference would be miniscule.  Nothing near 3%, or even 1%.  So round down the difference, and that's what they're cheating you, and you're probably being very generous.

620ml is a measure of Volume so the weight does not matter. 620ml of Duckhams 20/50 is the same volume as 620 ml of H2O.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, transam said:

Perhaps the 620ml is what the bottle can actually hold, all beer in bottles has a free space gap in the neck.

Have you noticed that the different Thai brands have a different ml capacity, Archar is the biggest at 630ml..????

So 10 ml more cat pee than Singha! 555

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

620 ml of water will weigh 620 gm, whereas 620 ml of beer will weigh more, as would 620 ml of Bisto gravy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, even fridge space is measured in litres........????

That doesn't really make sense, should be in cc's, cubic centimetres as in car engines. But more interesting than Pies v Pizza or Underpants !

It's a long time since I was at school, but is one millilitre the same as one cubic centimetre.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

I have not tried it, but on your valued recommendation, I shall be in Makro at 11.01 tomorrow. Are there different ones?

No, just the cheapest, but I find it refreshing, though I can drink near anything, plus my local booze agent likes me, she charges me 250 bht for  6 bottles ...........????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

No, just the cheapest, but I find it refreshing, though I can drink near anything, plus my local booze agent likes me, she charges me 250 bht for  6 bottles ...........????

33ml or big un's. 6 x 33 = 2 litres. 

I get 3 x big (620ml) Singhas for Bht 188 from a shop 1km from me. ( And a pretty owner! )

Edited by KannikaP

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

620 ml of water will weigh 620 gm, whereas 620 ml of beer will weigh more, as would 620 ml of Bisto gravy.

620ml water = 620gr

620ml beer = ~620gr

"One litre of beer corresponds to about one kilogram"

Difference is negligible, and not worth noting.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

620ml water = 620gr

620ml beer = ~620gr

"One litre of beer corresponds to about one kilogram"

Difference is negligible, and not worth noting.

Is the Specific Gravity of Ethanol the same as water?

Dunno, it is negligible. It's the principle of saying it is 620 ml when it is only 600ml. 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Just opened my big Singha bottle, which  says 620 ml. Filled the bottle up with water and here is the result.

20 ml less, which is 3.33% they are cheating you out of.

image.jpeg

One CONFUSED and one SAD. Come on, tell me why please.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Is the Specific Gravity of Ethanol the same as water?

Dunno, it is negligible. It's the principle of saying it is 620 ml when it is only 600ml. 

Do as suggested, weigh 620gr of water, and pour in your meauring vessel, than see if beer comes up to same level.

Do as suggested, weigh 620gr of water, and pour in your meauring vessel, than see if beer comes up to same level.

620 ml/cc of water WILL weigh 620gm, unless it is from a UK water company and contains a certain percent of 5hite. But let's go with bottled water. 

So are you suggesting I take 620 ml of beer, or 620 gm of beer? 

11 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Volume changes with temperature.  Not sure by how much, but a cold beer from the fridge will have smaller volume than a warm one.

F1 measures fuel by weight, not volume.

Yes, very understandable, thanks. So keep my beer at room temperature and I will get more.

• Haha 1