Beer

KannikaP

12 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Check again, water is an exception to the general rule.

Check again, beer is water with some  extras added.

When put my whisky in the freezer, it will not feeze, but it becomes almost so thick that it flows difficult through that plastic top with the SS ball inside.

I assume it has expanded then

Edited by BenStark

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

620 ml/cc of water WILL weigh 620gm, unless it is from a UK water company and contains a certain percent of 5hite. But let's go with bottled water. 

So are you suggesting I take 620 ml of beer, or 620 gm of beer? 

Just poor/weigh 620ml of water into your measuring vessel, take note of the level, while on the scale, then simple do the same with a beer.  See what level it comes up to.  It should match same level and weight, or damn close.

Geez people, we're not talking high volumes/weight here,  Temp/RH density or SG isn't going to be that much on such a small amount.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Many supermarkets are doing this all over in Thailand and in Europe. They have down graded well known brands, The quantity is less, packaging the same but of course price is higher. All this mess started since the Ukraine war, the absurd US sanctions and the opportunists in the retail services who found a good way to cheat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Budweiser (aka Buttwipper) is chit beer.

So a lot of people say, but I'd politely disagree. I find the taste more than satisfactory tbh, and while the price is only a few baht more than Singha per can, you get the full 500ml + a reliable 5% alc content every time. 

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Good morning to everyone who has commented or emojied (is that a word) my OP. And thank you for your varying replies, correct, off topic or whatever.

In reply to terryq's reply, I have just put my measuring jug on my kitchen digital scales and put water in until 620 gm. It came up to the 600ml line. So yes, my lab standard coffee jug is incorrect. I apologise for any sleepless night anyone may have had worrying about my so called trolling, I am NOT one of those, and cannot compete in that subject with the several  other who frequent this forum.

Once again, good morning and thanks for your concern. 

????????????????????

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Good morning to everyone who has commented or emojied (is that a word) my OP. And thank you for your varying replies, correct, off topic or whatever.

In reply to terryq's reply, I have just put my measuring jug on my kitchen digital scales and put water in until 620 gm. It came up to the 600ml line. So yes, my lab standard coffee jug is incorrect. I apologise for any sleepless night anyone may have had worrying about my so called trolling, I am NOT one of those, and cannot compete in that subject with the several  other who frequent this forum.

STOP THE PRESSES ...

... damn, no scandal.

I weighed and had to drink all the beer in the house last night.    I think the 10th one was 1 gram off.

Moving on ... ????

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

STOP THE PRESSES ...

... damn, no scandal.

I weighed and had to drink all the beer in the house last night.    I think the 10th one was 1 gram off.

Moving on ... ????

Only 10?    Bigguns or little?   555

• Like 1

I tried the same experiment with a 620cl bottle of Chang in a brand new measuring jug from Macro, even took a picture on my phone so I could show the result but then it looked so good I had to drink it, sadly my computer skills for loading said picture on to laptop are lacking so I can't show the result. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I tried the same experiment with a 620cl bottle of Chang in a brand new measuring jug from Macro, even took a picture on my phone so I could show the result but then it looked so good I had to drink it, sadly my computer skills for loading said picture on to laptop are lacking so I can't show the result. 

Use your smartphone.

1 hour ago, Toolong said:

So a lot of people say, but I'd politely disagree. I find the taste more than satisfactory tbh, and while the price is only a few baht more than Singha per can, you get the full 500ml + a reliable 5% alc content every time. 

Having grown up on Bud and living just miles from one of their largest breweries where many friends work I know that it's definitely a chit beer. Coors is only a slight step better (IMO).

May I ask, what method do you use to verify the accuracy of the alcohol content?

13 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Trolling...... You should know as I think you are one of the resident experts.

Fat? Hardly, but to make you feel better I will say yes, those huge knockers on her lean 50kg frame do make her look fat.

Besides a fatty is much better than what you're accustomed to, 'Left Hand Rosey Palm'.

Of course, you would say that after being called out, ding dong..........????

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

Having grown up on Bud and living just miles from one of their largest breweries where many friends work I know that it's definitely a chit beer. Coors is only a slight step better (IMO).

May I ask, what method do you use to verify the accuracy of the alcohol content?

With respect, dingdong, having lived near a Bud brewery & having mates who worked there hardly fully explains why it's a 'chit beer', unless you missed something out. 

I'm really, genuinely interested to know. I'm not 'trolling' you or anything....honestly ????.

I've never tried other US beer brands (unless Corona is US made) so I don't have the advantage of being able to compare. 

Anyway, I have a kind of 'back-up' policy (so to speak) of only drinking one can of Bud if I'm drinking say,  3 or 4 cans. The others are definitely superior brands, so compensate for any deficiency inherent in the Bud, which is always my first can!

Re judging alc content? I admit I just assume it would be as per stated. Maybe I'm being naive. Maybe Budweiser QC ain't as good as I imagine. ????????

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Do the math. A 5% beer at 620 mL contains 31 mL of ethanol. Cost 60 baht.

A 700 mL bottle of Sangsom at 40% ethanol contains 280 mL of ethanol. Cost 286 baht.

One is paying approximately 2 baht/mL of ethanol if they imbibe beer, and 1 baht/mL with Sangsom.

You just did not get the meaning of my OP.It was saying that the beer company was cheating folk by only giving 600ml instead of 620. And then you did not read MY post this morning where I apologised profusely for the fault being my measuring jug.

You just get on with your Sangsom and leave the subject along please.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The next concern/question would be:

'Are your scales calibrated to ISO 17025 standards?'

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You just did not get the meaning of my OP.It was saying that the beer company was cheating folk by only giving 600ml instead of 620. And then you did not read MY post this morning where I apologised profusely for the fault being my measuring jug.

You just get on with your Sangsom and leave the subject along please.

You are replying to a post from 18 hours ago, and blame the poster, at that time, he hadn't read your post from 4 hours ago?

I think you should more concerned about the volume of beer you're consuming, than the one that is in the bottle.

My guess is that the former is the reason why you started this stupid and defamatory thread,

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

You are replying to a post from 18 hours ago, and blame the poster, at that time, he hadn't read your post from 4 hours ago?

I think you should more concerned about the volume of beer you're consuming, than the one that is in the bottle.

My guess is that the former is the reason why you started this stupid and defamatory thread,

Bye, ignore list.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Toolong said:

With respect, dingdong, having lived near a Bud brewery & having mates who worked there hardly fully explains why it's a 'chit beer', unless you missed something out. 

I'm really, genuinely interested to know. I'm not 'trolling' you or anything....honestly ????.

I've never tried other US beer brands (unless Corona is US made) so I don't have the advantage of being able to compare. 

Anyway, I have a kind of 'back-up' policy (so to speak) of only drinking one can of Bud if I'm drinking say,  3 or 4 cans. The others are definitely superior brands, so compensate for any deficiency inherent in the Bud, which is always my first can!

Re judging alc content? I admit I just assume it would be as per stated. Maybe I'm being naive. Maybe Budweiser QC ain't as good as I imagine. ????????

Let's just say that I've heard stories about some of the things that have occurred at that particular facility. Nothing was ever proven, nor did I desire to seek out the truth. It could be just employees (my friends) ranting about their employer. 

I guess I threw that tidbit out there and probably should have not.

However the one thing that I do know for a fact is that facility allowed the employees to drink on the job. Yes, they had taps (kegs) of beer setup for consumption at the employee's breakroom (canteen/cafeteria). Employees were allowed to partake but not to overindulge. That was all back in the 80s and was put to a stop when an employee neglected the benefit and there was a serious auto accident.

As far as US beers, I've had many, and yes, they were all good in my younger days when beer was beer and I wasn't going for taste/flavor. But from about the late 80s & early 90s my preference was a good microbrew. (Too many to name.)

Budweiser is just a typical 'blahhh beer' to me much like others such as:

PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon)

Miller

Coors

Busch

Schlitz

Michelob

The best thing about Budweiser (Anheuser Busch) is the Clydesdales...and they have always (until recently) had some great TV commercials.

19 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I think you are comparable to the others you referenced and need a hobby (or life).

It must be boring where you live.

And it must be the same for you Mister DingDong. I do have a very absorbing hobby or writing and recording music on my PC, playing my guitar, bass & piano. I also am into cooking, baking and winery. Need any more. When I have time I go on here and see posts from tossers like you.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Many supermarkets are doing this all over in Thailand and in Europe. They have down graded well known brands, The quantity is less, packaging the same but of course price is higher. All this mess started since the Ukraine war, the absurd US sanctions and the opportunists in the retail services who found a good way to cheat.

<deleted>. Cant blame this one on russia

companies have been downsizing product to avoid the appearance of prices hikes for decades. look at the size of chocolate bar, big mac or almost nay food product out there.

People have just given it a name recently.

• Haha 1