TM30 question when taking a holiday

6 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Nothing is certain when it comes to Thailand, especially Immigration. Each office, even officer will have their own interpretation on everything.

Kalasin IO advised me that I can go and stay temporarily anywhere in Thailand, I can leave the country and return as long as I do so with a re entry permit. No TM30 necessary. They said what matters is the visa you came in on, or obtained in country after entering  visa exempt, and extensions from it. Those must be continuous to keep the address where you live here registered. If you leave and allow your permission to stay to expire or it is cancelled by leaving without a re entry permit you will be coming in to Thailand with a new visa and then a new TM30 needs to be done.

If you move to a new permanent address in Thailand whether in the same province or elsewhere then a new TM 30 must be done.

Indeed I have taken holidays elsewhere in Thailand and I have left and returned with re entry permit and still been able to do subsequent 90 day reports online and even online they send me a downloadable confirmation and notice of the next reporting date.

To me that seems logical and a surprisingly sensible approach! But it's only one of many IOs. And if the line up there changes so might that approach. I last re entered Thailand in August and have just renewed my extension of stay for another year with accompanying notice that my next 90 day report will be due late in December. We shall see if that report is accepted  if I have taken a holiday here or in another country before then.

Excellent post.

To highlight one sentence from your post 

" They said what matters is the visa you came in on, or obtained in country after entering  visa exempt, and extensions from it. Those must be continuous to keep the address where you live here registered" 

Exactly.

Sadly couple of rogue offices are not following new rules 2020

Main one CM 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I have always been allowed to use my Thai Drivers license with no passport meaning no TM30 registration 

Give them the Thai Drivers license and tell them the passport yoo satantood jeen tam visa - narrows their options down to just what you want

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Regyai said:

Give them the Thai Drivers license and tell them the passport yoo satantood jeen tam visa - narrows their options down to just what you want

Nonsense.

In next few months I will make 5 international trips.

Not to mention recent trip to Pattaya and next week up country.

You don't need TDL.

Read the two posts above yours.

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nonsense.

In next few months I will make 5 international trips.

Not to mention recent trip to Pattaya and next week up country.

You don't need TDL.

Read the two posts above yours.

Only if you read this (instead of shrieking nonsense first :wai:):

image.png.a283bf947bc86f896c08c5825c59ff7f.png

18 minutes ago, Regyai said:

Only if you read this (instead of shrieking nonsense first :wai:????

image.png.a283bf947bc86f896c08c5825c59ff7f.png

Stop.

You do not remotely understand the thread.

Stick to learners lane. 

Read threads above yours eg one from @Kalasin Jo also my earlier posts.

The silly example you post re using TDL or check in using Thai partner is irrelevant.

Even for international travel a new TM30 is not required.

Read the thread.

Edited by DrJack54

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct.

Thanks Dr Jack

Not  the same subject but a little bit related : I did a 90 days report in April 2023. It was  my 1st report (after a new Non-O visa and extension) and couldn't do it online.

I left Thailand at the end of April 2023 and will come back in November 2023.

Will my 90 days report, 90 days later, considered as my 2nd report, which can be done online, or will it be considered as the 1st one  after my re-entry then to be done only in person at CW ?

Thanks

3 hours ago, daejung said:

Will my 90 days report, 90 days later, considered as my 2nd report, which can be done online, or will it be considered as the 1st one  after my re-entry then to be done only in person at CW ?

It will be your second 90 day report.

You should be able to do that online.

It seems that online at CW is having issues for some folk currently.

My last 2 reports have had to done in person (for unknown reason) 

Be aware that there is also mail option however that should be done 15 days prior to due date. 

Edit: just noticed this current thread ....

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308014-tm-47-90-days-report-online-jomtein/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2023 at 10:59 AM, AAArdvark said:

I have always been allowed to use my Thai Drivers license with no passport meaning no TM30 registration 

I don't know about your license but mine had my passport number on it.

• 1 month later...

"If you leave and allow your permission to stay to expire or it is cancelled by leaving without a re entry permit you will be coming in to Thailand with a new visa and then a new TM30 needs to be done"

I guess that means after every visit to Vietnam to pick-up a new visa-free 30-day entry I need to to do TM30 report?

I forgot to ask that when I was there last time.