Re Entry Permit

Good day,

I am a little confused regarding the need for a Thailand Re-entry permit, I want to go on holiday to the UK end October

I came into Thailand beginning October 2022, on a Non Imm O visa. I applied for the Retirement extension and was accepted.

The stamp in my passport is good until 13 Jan 2024. I see on the stamp it states Re-Entry permit, number of Persons - One, number of Entries-Single.

My question is, do I have to get a Re-Entry Permit before leaving Thailand?

Many thanks for any advice

7 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Good day,

I am a little confused regarding the need for a Thailand Re-entry permit, I want to go on holiday to the UK end October

I came into Thailand beginning October 2022, on a Non Imm O visa. I applied for the Retirement extension and was accepted.

The stamp in my passport is good until 13 Jan 2024. I see on the stamp it states Re-Entry permit, number of Persons - One, number of Entries-Single.

My question is, do I have to get a Re-Entry Permit before leaving Thailand?

Many thanks for any advice

Sounds like you already have a re-entry permit, but you should post  a picture of the passport page here - so that one of the more expert members can verify.

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Sounds like you already have a re-entry permit, but you should post  a picture of the passport page here - so that one of the more expert members can verify.

Thank you, I think I have the re entry but I'm just checking. I've just answered Dr. Jack who kindly sent a photo of his permit 

1 hour ago, Alphim said:

Thank you, I think I have the re entry but I'm just checking. I've just answered Dr. Jack who kindly sent a photo of his permit 

The importance of a re-entry permit is that is preserves your extension of stay. If you leave Thailand without one you will have to obtain a new visa when you return.

If you have an unused single re-entry permit in your passport you can leave and re-enter Thailand once, until the expiry of your extension of stay (13 January 2024). Seems you (maybe your agent) must have applied for it and you paid the 1,000THB fee when you got your extension.

As Dr Jack says, if you have not left Thailand since your last extension your re-entry permit is valid up to 13 January 2024.

"Used" re-entry permits are stamped with the word "USED".

24 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The importance of a re-entry permit is that is preserves your extension of stay. If you leave Thailand without one you will have to obtain a new visa when you return.

If you have an unused single re-entry permit in your passport you can leave and re-enter Thailand once, until the expiry of your extension of stay (13 January 2024). Seems you (maybe your agent) must have applied for it and you paid the 1,000THB fee when you got your extension.

As Dr Jack says, if you have not left Thailand since your last extension your re-entry permit is valid up to 13 January 2024.

"Used" re-entry permits are stamped with the word "USED".

Excellent summary.

I was not 100% sure if immigration stamp USED for single reentry.

I always obtain a multi. 

Just for others..the single is 1000b and multi 3800b.

So do the sums on what suits you best. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent summary.

I was not 100% sure if immigration stamp USED for single reentry.

I always obtain a multi. 

Just for others..the single is 1000b and multi 3800b.

So do the sums on what suits you best. 

Great information, thank you all.